Supersized vs. Superskinny

Options
In searching YouTube I stumbled upon a UK TV show called Supersized vs. Superskinny. The theme of the show is to shock people into seeing how bad their diets really are. They have and obese person and a underweight person and switch diets for one week.

It was very eye opening for me to see the too extremes and evaluated my own diet to see where I am at.

I would recommed you check it out if you have time

Replies

• Dr_Flo
    Dr_Flo Posts: 465
    Options
    This is what you do in your spare time Candace? lol .. You're too funny.
  • smallbutcurvy
    Options
    That's one of my favourite shows , makes me feel I have things under control! ( UK er here)
  • hgycta
    hgycta Posts: 3,013 Member
    Options
    I love that show! During summer breaks when I had time, I would often watch that show while snacking. Don't ask why, but it was just a very enjoyable way for me to pass my time. I guess I'm weird, but at least I'm not the only one who enjoys watching these kind of things xD
  • rosemary98
    Options
    I love the show...but am annoyed they got rid of the food tube and shortened the stay from 7 to 3 days.
  • TeresaB1979
    TeresaB1979 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    I love the show...but am annoyed they got rid of the food tube and shortened the stay from 7 to 3 days.

What she said. :smile:

Check out Fat Families and Secret Eaters. They're both on Youtube. I think if you like Supersize v Superskinny you'll enjoy those also. although you might not love Gillian McKeith (really annoying Scottish woman who appears in the early seasons of Secret Eaters) she wrecks my head! :explode:
  • laineybz
    laineybz Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    Love all the shows mentioned. Secret eaters is the best. We were all guilty of it!
  • TeresaB1979
    Options
    Love all the shows mentioned. Secret eaters is the best. We were all guilty of it!

Yeah, it's ace. Everyone is guilty of it (me included) but some of the people on there are taking the p*ss. The faces on some of them when they see the footage of them having sneaky snacks when they leave the house is priceless. :laugh:
  • laineybz
    Options

Yeah, it's ace. Everyone is guilty of it (me included) but some of the people on there are taking the p*ss. The faces on some of them when they see the footage of them having sneaky snacks when they leave the house is priceless. :laugh:

Lol when i hear them say i only eat around 1200 cals i immediately think...you don't lol.
  • TeresaB1979
    Options

Lol when i hear them say i only eat around 1200 cals i immediately think...you don't lol.

Yeah. I loved the fella who couldn't believe he was overweight yet he would have a big breakfast, a mid morning snack and then a 'pie sandwich'. A f*cking pie sandwich like?! :laugh:
  • CallMeRuPaul
    CallMeRuPaul Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    i'm 4 minutes into season 1, episode 3 and this gal does not eat carbs. i like to think that my diet is "well rounded." i consume on average around 2800-2825 calories a day. i have to eat that much just to maintain my weight. i gave up pop, but i do have a couple of fun size pieces of candy to maintain my sugar level and a serving of ice cream. i recently had lab work done and found that my sugar level was way below the normal range.

i'll be out of town next week and i think i'll be spending my evenings watching a couple of these shows.
  • laineybz
    Options

Yeah. I loved the fella who couldn't believe he was overweight yet he would have a big breakfast, a mid morning snack and then a 'pie sandwich'. A f*cking pie sandwich like?! :laugh:

I know!! That was shocking lol :laugh: :ohwell:
  • TeresaB1979
    Options
    i'm 4 minutes into season 1, episode 3 and this gal does not eat carbs. i like to think that my diet is "well rounded." i consume on average around 2800-2825 calories a day. i have to eat that much just to maintain my weight. i gave up pop, but i do have a couple of fun size pieces of candy to maintain my sugar level and a serving of ice cream. i recently had lab work done and found that my sugar level was way below the normal range.

i'll be out of town next week and i think i'll be spending my evenings watching a couple of these shows.

Some of the eating habits are incredible.

Do it! You'll be addicted in no time. :smile:
  • Cinloykko
    Cinloykko Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    i love this show!!! i recommend that everyone watch it. its quite eye-opening
  • cats847
    cats847 Posts: 131
    Options
    Ok, I just went and found it on Youtube. Crazy show!!!
  • feelin_gr_8
    feelin_gr_8 Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    marking to remind myself to look on youtube later ;)
  • sarahmoo12
    sarahmoo12 Posts: 756 Member
    Options
    its a great show !
  • WestCoastWild
    WestCoastWild Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Oh noooo, I binge watched Secret Eaters, now Ill be losing a good chunk of my life to this. Thats a good idea, though, gyms should do that :) Have members switch diets for a week or so.
  • Donners185
    Donners185 Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    Oh I love that show!! Anyone know when the new series is starting?
  • mrdexter1
    mrdexter1 Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    watched most these shows as i always wondered how people got so fat....

It just highlights the appalling manner in which some eat and the depth of self abuse and gluttony some are able to live with never mind the other side of the coin.
  • Bluizflame
    Bluizflame Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Bump to save for later use