Supersized vs. Superskinny

Options

Replies

• keeptehpeace
    keeptehpeace Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Love all the shows mentioned. Secret eaters is the best. We were all guilty of it!

Yeah, it's ace. Everyone is guilty of it (me included) but some of the people on there are taking the p*ss. The faces on some of them when they see the footage of them having sneaky snacks when they leave the house is priceless. :laugh:

Lol when i hear them say i only eat around 1200 cals i immediately think...you don't lol.

Yeah. I loved the fella who couldn't believe he was overweight yet he would have a big breakfast, a mid morning snack and then a 'pie sandwich'. A f*cking pie sandwich like?! :laugh:

I know!! That was shocking lol :laugh: :ohwell:
    I absolutely loved pie sandwich man, he had a serious dedication to carbs :laugh:
  • hellsbell
    hellsbell Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I reckon Secret Eaters would have been an eye-opener for my mother if she'd ever taken part. When I was younger my brothers and sister and I used to wonder how she had ever managed to get fat because she never ate large amounts at mealtimes. But she drank 12-13 cups of tea a day... with one heaped tsp of sugar and a few ml of milk per cup. And mid-morning and late evening she would have a slice of buttered bread to go with the tea, along with a biscuit in mid-afternoon. This, in addition to her 3 meals a day, was enough over time to add up to a significant weight gain.
  • andiechick
    andiechick Posts: 916 Member
    Options
    We love supersize v superskinny over here (UK). The worst programme has to b 'You Are What You Eat' where that god awful woman would examine everyone's poo samples haha
  • amy1612
    amy1612 Posts: 1,356 Member
    Options
    Love all the shows mentioned. Secret eaters is the best. We were all guilty of it!

Yeah, it's ace. Everyone is guilty of it (me included) but some of the people on there are taking the p*ss. The faces on some of them when they see the footage of them having sneaky snacks when they leave the house is priceless. :laugh:

Lol when i hear them say i only eat around 1200 cals i immediately think...you don't lol.

Yeah. I loved the fella who couldn't believe he was overweight yet he would have a big breakfast, a mid morning snack and then a 'pie sandwich'. A f*cking pie sandwich like?! :laugh:

I know!! That was shocking lol :laugh: :ohwell:
    I absolutely loved pie sandwich man, he had a serious dedication to carbs :laugh:

I shouldnt laugh but that one got me too, lol. The guy who ate a days worth of calories in breakfast sandwiches was also funny.
  • ElectricDragon
    ElectricDragon Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Good show
  • ElectricDragon
    ElectricDragon Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I've been watching it on youtube the last 10 days or so, at least one episode a day. It scares me straight to never want to be that supersized. So in that regard it is an effective motivator. I like seeing them succeed at the end with their 3 month goal. The first baby steps are important.
  • ekz13
    ekz13 Posts: 725 Member
    Options
    i'm still stuck on the pie sandwich..

is it literally two pies as bread and then something in between ... or a slice of pie between bread??
  • amy1612
    amy1612 Posts: 1,356 Member
    Options

is it literally two pies as bread and then something in between ... or a slice of pie between bread??

It was a massive bread roll with a pie inside lol
  • roxylola
    roxylola Posts: 540 Member
    Options
    Pie as a filling. Take 1 pie or pasty, place between 2 slices of bread, eat!

Also Pie Barm, pie inside soft bread roll
  • ekz13
    ekz13 Posts: 725 Member
    Options

damn! all that effort.. I see the next pepridge farms christmas basket... The Pie Log!
  • refuseresist
    refuseresist Posts: 934 Member
    Options
    Anybody watching the latest series of this?
  • nikkiofthelake
    Options
    I love this show! I never thought about watching it on youtube. I guess that's what I'll be doing with my free time today. :p
  • eldamiano
    eldamiano Posts: 2,667 Member
    Options

Secret Eaters is a laughing stock. Cant believe how staged that programme is.
  • helsbelshms
    helsbelshms Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I'm in the UK and I've never missed an episode. I also hate that they changed the format from 7 days to 3, but I do like how they send the supersizer to the US to meet someone who is much bigger and has serious complications, it just really shocks them.

I've always failed to understand how some people "don't understand" how they are so big when they eat constantly and their snacks are full meals. But the superskinnies are even harder to understand. Last week there was a girl who made meals for her child, then "forgot" to eat. Really, how do you forget to eat when you've just stood and cooked something?!

I've got to say though, my favourite shows are Obese a Year to Save My Life and Fat the Fight of My Life with Jessie Pavelka. Some of those guys do amazing things.
  • leswithe
    leswithe Posts: 8 Member
    Options

I've got to say though, my favourite shows are Obese a Year to Save My Life and Fat the Fight of My Life with Jessie Pavelka. Some of those guys do amazing things.

I am seriously in love with Jessie Pavelka, he's sooo hot
  • AsianSuperfly
    AsianSuperfly Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I like this show series 7 episode 3 just came out. ( Youtube look for ermmtv2) If you like this show I would highly recommend watching Secret Eaters. Both of them can be found on 4OD (UK). I use a proxy to circumvent the regional restrictions on youtube and the official website for 4OD. My favorite proxy no longer work in conjunction with Youtube but not their website. If you haven't watched Secret Eaters it is a must.
  • helsbelshms
    helsbelshms Posts: 93 Member
    Options

I am seriously in love with Jessie Pavelka, he's sooo hot

I'm with you on that one, Jessie is hot. My mam once said she would run up a mountain if Jessie was following her haha.
  • Iwishyouwell
    Iwishyouwell Posts: 1,888 Member
    Options

Secret Eaters is a laughing stock. Cant believe how staged that programme is.

Every "reality" show is staged.

But one thing that absolutely isn't is the basic premise; the focal points of each show absolutely concentrate on someone who is "supersized" and "superskinny".
  • thom2369
    thom2369 Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    This show is unbelievable. I am so addicted to it I have watched seasons 6 and 7 and now starting season 5. The perspective from Britain is pretty interesting.
  • surfinbird_1981
    surfinbird_1981 Posts: 946 Member
    Options

I remember this....grotesque haha