your ODD food behaviors...

Options
If I have a snack of any kind I ALWAYS eat all of the broken pieces before eating the whole ones.

Now your turn! :)

Replies

• ThePlight
    ThePlight Posts: 3,593 Member
    Options
    I eat everything very slowly. Always have.
    I always bring a fork, spoon and butter knife with me, no matter what I'm eating.. For just in case.
    I like to leave "the best for last"..
    I seem to be OCD about the placement of my food on my plate, and if someone tries to sneak a piece out of it, I will smack their hand XD - Would much rather have them let me give them a piece or two myself, than to mess up my food arrangement lol.
    Must always have a full glass of water before eating and one right after done.
  • staceybeee
    staceybeee Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I eat popcorn with a spoon :smile:
  • bookworm_847
    bookworm_847 Posts: 1,903 Member
    Options
    If I have a snack of any kind I ALWAYS eat all of the broken pieces before eating the whole ones.

That's so funny, I do that too! Also, I eat the smallest pieces first.

I don't like when my food touches. Corn and mashed potatoes can touch, but that's it.

I eat one thing at a time rather than bites of everything on my plate.

I use Catalina dressing or ranch in place of ketchup.

If I have discretionary calories and decide to splurge on candy, most of that is eaten in a weird way.
    Reese's peanut butter cups-- I punch out the middle and eat that before eating the outside
    Three Musketeers-- I eat the outside chocolate first
    M&M's, Skittles, gummy bears (any multi-colored candy)-- I eat all of one color before moving to the next
  • Iron_Lotus
    Iron_Lotus Posts: 2,295 Member
    Options
    My foods must not touch
  • beernpizza2
    beernpizza2 Posts: 553 Member
    Options
    I dont use the same plate when I go for seconds. and I use multiple plates because nothing can touch.
  • YoungIronG
    YoungIronG Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    i strategically take all my bites so the last bite will be the best
  • vtmoon
    vtmoon Posts: 3,436 Member
    Options
    I have to rub chocolate on my nipples before I eat it.
  • NeonHeartz444
    Options

I don't like when my food touches. Corn and mashed potatoes can touch, but that's it.

If I have discretionary calories and decide to splurge on candy, most of that is eaten in a weird way.
    Reese's peanut butter cups-- I punch out the middle and eat that before eating the outside
    M&M's, Skittles, gummy bears (any multi-colored candy)-- I eat all of one color before moving to the next

This. :)
  • gmthisfeller
    gmthisfeller Posts: 779 Member
    Options
    On Saturdays my wife and I eat out for lunch. I get a green salad with blue cheese dressing served on the side. I come with 1/2 of a banana nut muffin. I love dip pieces of the muffin in the dressing. Lordy, is that ever good!
  • ItsCasey
    ItsCasey Posts: 4,022 Member
    Options

I do this, too. And I eat things like chips or fries in order from smallest to largest. I don't know why. I just always have.

Also, I won't eat sandwiches made by other people. They just don't taste the same. I wouldn't even eat sandwiches my mom made when I was a kid. I insisted on doing it myself.
  • Emily_20x
    Emily_20x Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I eat peas one at a time.
  • ACepero79
    ACepero79 Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    I make airplane noises as I bring the spoon or fork to my mouth.
  • Inara_Serra
    Options
    I have to rub chocolate on my nipples before I eat it.

How do you get your chocolate covered nipples to your mouth??
  • CaffeinatedConfectionist
    Options

I am the opposite of this - I eat around the edges, and then eat the middle. I do this with any round food, actually, except for crackers. Hamburgers, Reese's, and type of sandwich - gotta eat the edges first.

I also really love foods that are borderline burned. Not all foods, but things like toast, or fried eggs, or roasted vegetables.
  • PhoenixWithoutAshes1
    Options
    If I eat peanut or almond M & M's I have to break off the candy coating, chew and swallow that and then eat the nut. All of this is done when I pop it in my mouth.
  • Mischievous_Rascal
    Mischievous_Rascal Posts: 1,791 Member
    Options
    I chew my food in even amounts, alternating between the two sides of my mouth. That's how I know each mini box of Smarties has eleven pieces of candy in it...grrrrrrrr.
  • SailorKnightWing
    SailorKnightWing Posts: 875 Member
    Options
    I eat one thing at a time on my plate and rotate it counterclockwise every time I finish an item. I also eat my food hot to cold if they're different temperatures because I'd rather eat cold foods at room temperature rather than hot foods at room temperature. Except ice cream.
  • coolraul07
    coolraul07 Posts: 1,606 Member
    Options
    I sometimes eat my food in a particular order. Often it's based on the question "what would taste the worst if reheated"? That why I'lll often eat my fries first because they rarely reheat well.

As a kid, if it was a food that I'd gorge myself on, I'd chew up the last bite and tuck it between my cheek and gums (like someone who chews tobacco) and keep it there as long as possible. First I'd look like a chipmunk with the mumps and later I'd look like a cow chewing its cud. I think/hope I stopped doing that by middle school though.
    I'll still do this with chewing gum. Chew a fresh piece for a couple of min, then tuck it away. 2-3 hours later, chew it some more and tuck it. I can chew a single piece all day that way and it'll still have flavor. I can also keep a LifeSaver intact for 2-3 hours that way. Co-workers on previous job knew this and would jokingly offer me a stick of "all day gum" or a "2 hour Tic-Tac".

*ETA: I have the ability to tuck a handful of whole sunflower seeds in my mouth, remove the kernel with my front teeth, eat it, and spit out the shell with the halves nested together. I developed this habit as a kid when taking long bike rides. You probably could've tracked me via spat-out shells.
  • Collier78
    Collier78 Posts: 811 Member
    Options

^^THIS^^ ALL. OF. THIS. :drinker:
  • oroblar
    oroblar Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Soft pretzels dipped in Chocolate Ice Cream.