your ODD food behaviors...

Replies

• DamePiglet
    DamePiglet Posts: 3,730 Member
    I chew my food in even amounts, alternating between the two sides of my mouth. That's how I know each mini box of Smarties has eleven pieces of candy in it...grrrrrrrr.

me too. always.
  • RivenV
    RivenV Posts: 1,667 Member
    I have to rub chocolate on my nipples before I eat it.

it-is-magical.gif
  • JeniferEverx3
    JeniferEverx3 Posts: 219 Member
    I don't like when my food touches. Corn and mashed potatoes can touch, but that's it.

EXACTLY.

Unless we're out in public or around new people, I cannot STAND eating meat with a fork/knife. I go caveman on it and eat it with my hands. Who has time to slice pieces of a thick juicy steak while it's still hot?? NOT ME!!!!

Also, sometimes I like to eat mcdonald's french fries and dip them in their vanilla soft-serve. But after the fries are gone I throw the ice cream away because it tastes like french fries and it's disgusting :sick:

I also like to eat pudding snacks with my finger rather than a spoon :embarassed:
  • JerseyGirlinTN
    JerseyGirlinTN Posts: 144 Member
    I love to dip my french fries in mayo!!! ...not so much since using MFP though, lol!

I use small forks and spoons, too.

I eat things - usually snack foods - in 4's. 4 cookies, 4 popcorn pieces, 4 m&m's, 4 grapes, etc.

I make 'soup' out of my ice cream by stirring it.

I HATE spaghetti with tomato sauce. It HAS to have butter or some other sauce on it. Love tomato sauce, love it on other things (pizza!), and I even love things like lasagna and baked ziti. But I HATE it on spaghetti.
  • silvergurl518
    silvergurl518 Posts: 4,123 Member
    i don't mind when food touches. it all goes down the same pipe so sometimes i mix things just for sh*ts and giggles :)

but when eating ice cream or pudding from a cup/mug/bowl, i like to use a baby spoon to make it last longer. that's about it, really. also, i put chocolate chips in my cereal.
  • coolraul07
    coolraul07 Posts: 1,606 Member
    Probably my biggest: I have some sort of condiment phobia. I don't/won't eat ANY of them (ketchup, mustard, BBQ sauce, mayo, etc.) BTW - I told a potential date that one time and he asked what I used for birth control in place of that. (dork)
    I had to literally had to read that 6 times before I got it. #Derp #FacePalm
  • redheaddee
    redheaddee Posts: 2,005 Member
    If I want a bite of something sweet, I will grab a spoon and dip into a jar of jelly or caramel. No bread, nothing.

I smear peanut butter on swiss cheese.

I eat M&Ms starting with my least favorite color, in sets of two.
  • gabbygirl78
    gabbygirl78 Posts: 936 Member
    When I would eat Mcdonald's fries I would have to get a cup of the ketchup and sprinkle pepper all in it to dip my fries...
    Pizza I would eat all the toppings off then sprinkle it with parmesan and eat the rest.
    Kit Kats I will eat all the chocolate from around it then eat each layer. same with nutty bars.
    doritos I lick all the seasoning off then eat the chip
    Mcdonald's regular hamburgers I will tear the edges of the bun of around the meat and eat that first then eat the rest of the burger.
  • JeniferEverx3
    I make 'soup' out of my ice cream by stirring it.

My sister does this and has since we were kids. It used to drive me crazy and whenever she'd ask for ice cream I'd say "you mean ice cream soup???"
  • JeniferEverx3
    Also, I (and pretty much my entire family) eat doritos (original nacho flavor) dipped in cream cheese. Anyone I have ever met that wasn't a relative was shocked and appalled to learn this. BUT IT IS SO. FREAKING. AMAZINGLY. GOOD. :love:
  • MissAnjy
    MissAnjy Posts: 2,480 Member
    I don't like big chips. I like the broken pieces. If I find a big chip still intact, I have to break it apart before I eat it.
  • MissAnjy
    Also, I (and pretty much my entire family) eat doritos (original nach flavor) dipped in cream cheese. Anyone I have ever met that wasn't a relative was shocked and appalled to learn this. BUT IT IS SO. FREAKING. AMAZINGLY. GOOD. :love:

I think this sounds SO good lol
  • Also, I (and pretty much my entire family) eat doritos (original nach flavor) dipped in cream cheese. Anyone I have ever met that wasn't a relative was shocked and appalled to learn this. BUT IT IS SO. FREAKING. AMAZINGLY. GOOD. :love:

I know several people who do this. hot cheetos more often.
  • MissAnjy
    I'm also addicted to sour cream and will eat it out of the jar with a spoon.

I think Doritos dipped in sour cream sounds delicious right now LOL
  • JeniferEverx3
    Also, I (and pretty much my entire family) eat doritos (original nach flavor) dipped in cream cheese. Anyone I have ever met that wasn't a relative was shocked and appalled to learn this. BUT IT IS SO. FREAKING. AMAZINGLY. GOOD. :love:

I think this sounds SO good lol

GIIIIIIIIRL. You totally need to try it. It's the best thing ever. It's seriously addicting.
  • Alex_is_Hawks
    Alex_is_Hawks Posts: 3,499 Member
    you know....none of these behaviours are really odd....if you have someone quoting "^^This" after all the posts.

it kind of makes it the norm.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,865 Member
    gummy bears and other gummy type candies must be eaten 2 at a time...no more, no less and they can't both be the same flavor. Jelly beans must be eaten 4 at a time.
  • KombuchaCat
    KombuchaCat Posts: 834 Member
    M&M's, Skittles, gummy bears (any multi-colored candy)-- I eat all of one color before moving to the next
    [/quote]

I do the same thing with foods that have multiple pieces and multiple colors...I would almost never put different colors in my mouth at the same time :D
    If I have cake and ice cream I must mash and mix them together.
    If I eat a Philly soft pretzel I must eat everything but the twist first, then eat the twist and eat the "nipples" last.
    I unwind and then eat cinnamon/sticky buns.
  • sheenarama
    sheenarama Posts: 733 Member
    I don't eat the frosting on cakes. I rake it off and just eat the cake. Now that is weird :ohwell:
  • When I eat pizza I will take a few slices and scrap off the toppings and pile it on the side. I'll eat the crust first and then the pile of toppings last (typically I wait until I have a good size portion of toppings).

If I take a handful of M&M's I'll count them out to make sure I have an even number.

If there's meat on my plate it has to face me.

Back when I was in high school and I would eat Yodels I'd unroll them, scrape out the frosting and eat that, then pull the cake off of the chocolate coating, eat the cake and save the coating for last.