Is your weight loss journey being kept under wraps?

Options
123457»

Replies

• F00LofaT00K
    F00LofaT00K Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    I'm doing the same. The most innocent detail about your life at my work gets twisted into something horrible. I don't know how they would make this a terrible thing, but somehow... somebody would manage. Also, most of my friends are heavier than I was to begin with so I don't want to hear the whole "You don't need to lose weight, you look fine! I'M the one who needs to lose weight!(196 when I started)" My boyfriend knows, my "other middle child" sister knows and my mom knows. I tend to be a private person irl and don't tell details about anything to most people. If they notice and ask me about it, I'll most likely respond with a "I thought my clothes were looser..."
  • Mr_Knight
    Mr_Knight Posts: 9,532 Member
    Options
    Wasn't talking about it with anyone. But one morning I was putting the trash out at the same time as my neighbour across the street, who upon seeing me exclaimed "Holy ****, have you ever lost weight!".

Cat was pretty much out of the bag at that point.
  • Saramelie
    Saramelie Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    I told everybody that way I can't quit cause now everyone knows. I started and stopped 7 times last year and it was easy to quit because no one knew.

Yup...this is me. I'd be embarrassed to quit now.

Same here!
  • AppleGrapeMSTK
    AppleGrapeMSTK Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    My mom and I have very similar eating addictions, so I constantly talk to her about it. My husband knows, too, and is amazingly supportive. I talk to my co-worker about it a lot because he has lost 40+lb doing Keto, and my endocrinologist recommended a low carb diet to manage some health issues I have. I just tell my children that I'm not going to eat sweets and bread/pasta because my doctor wants me to be healthier; last time my daughter (9) found out I was dieting, she spent weeks talking about how fat she was. :( I'm never using the words fat or diet again!
  • TemeraldMarie
    TemeraldMarie Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Im keeping in under wraps. it seems to be a curse if i tell people "im trying to lose weight" i fall off the wagon. now people are starting to comment. and it makes me feel good. but i try not talk about it. even tho im absolutely invested in this!