What do you eat after your workout?

Options
Hey guys! :) Newbie here :blushing: I was just wondering what are the best foods you can have after a pretty intense workout. I would also love to know what you eat after a workout. I'm extremely curious to know.

Replies

• lisalsd1
    lisalsd1 Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options
    Protein Shake and then lunch.
  • kramalicious
    Options
    Protein Shake and then lunch.

This! My protein shake doesn't have the best taste but I just slam it so it's OK. Then, lunch with some protein, carbs and fat.
  • vanguardfitness
    vanguardfitness Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    shake or usually low fat fish (like cod or mahi mahi) if I get home in time (and it's defrosted).
  • AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    Usually breakfast! Eggs, toast, & fruit on weight days, oatmeal with yorgurt, walnuts, fruit, honey & cinnamon on run days, black coffee every single day!

If I have a gap between the workout and breakfast, a glass of chocolate milk fills in until meal time.
  • wilmnoca
    wilmnoca Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    Protein and a fast digesting carb
  • willdob3
    willdob3 Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    Usually dinner.
  • Nilasaurus
    Nilasaurus Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Protein shake and then brunch.
  • tiggerhammon
    tiggerhammon Posts: 2,211 Member
    Options
    Some form of protein
  • dougiebanks
    dougiebanks Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    12 oz. soda for insulin activation and a whey protein drink.
  • Just_Maddy
    Just_Maddy Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Lol I've never used this fórum before and I'm trying to figure it out :blushing:
  • Just_Maddy
    Options
    Usually breakfast! Eggs, toast, & fruit on weight days, oatmeal with yorgurt, walnuts, fruit, honey & cinnamon on run days, black coffee every single day!

If I have a gap between the workout and breakfast, a glass of chocolate milk fills in until meal time.

Woah.. Am I wrong to asume you workout on an empty stomach? My sister does it so I gave it a go and I honestly couldn't do it :( That crazy woman can even lift weights like a beast without breakfast.
  • Just_Maddy
    Options
    Protein and a fast digesting carb

I hope you don't mind me asking but why a fast digesting carb? Not being one of those MFP carb psychos I just have a ton of questions and that's why I ask :)
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Usually a protein bar, or lunch. Or nothing. Depends what time it is and if I'm hungry or not.
  • Just_Maddy
    Options
    12 oz. soda for insulin activation and a whey protein drink.

Insulin activation? Can you please elaborate more on that?
  • maasha81
    maasha81 Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    Sometimes almond milk with some choc syrup stirred in. Most times I just shower n hit the bed as I workout at 9pm ...too tired. Lol
  • QuincyChick
    QuincyChick Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    Usually a protein shake, or a Quest bar.
  • Just_Maddy
    Options
    Usually a protein bar, or lunch. Or nothing. Depends what time it is and if I'm hungry or not.

If you don't eat anything, do you think it's affected your weightloss success?
  • Just_Maddy
    Options
    Sometimes almond milk with some choc syrup stirred in. Most times I just shower n hit the bed as I workout at 9pm ...too tired. Lol

Lol Know that feel xD That's why I've been really trying to get my workout early in the morning. Sundays are hard for me but I will make an effort tomorrow. Wish me luck! :)
  • JimiB73
    Options
    Protein shake and a banana
  • NaurielR
    NaurielR Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    Homade chocolate protein cake and sugar free pudding as "frosting". Yummy!