Before/after: 10 months crossfit, weight lifting, & eating

Options
^^ "eating clean" is what that title should have said, lol!

Visit my blog here for other fitness-related stuff and pictures :)
www.myfitnesscrossfitjourney.tumblr.com

I've posted a few before/afters on here and have always found amazing support through the myfitnesspal community. I thought I would give you guys an update for my 10-month mark!

Descriptives:
Age 25, 5'3"
Weight before: 141 lbs, 31% body fat
Weight now: ?? (don't weigh myself), ~24% body fat

Le before: little bit of cardio here and there, starving and then binging:

dzffc3.jpg

January-April: I was doing mostly crossfit. Worked on getting form right and increasing my weights steadily. Immediately gained 10 lbs (sore EVERY day) but that slowly went down as I kept going.

takheg.jpg

w8xbv6.jpg

May-August: I did crossfit PLUS Jamie Eason's LiveFit trainer (http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/jamie-eason-livefit-trainer.html) and saw some HUGE gains. I gained 7 lbs in two months and PRd like crazy. I ate over my maintenance a few times out of the week and also jogged a couple of miles every morning (so I did a lifting/cardio split). I was STRONG.

2liig4o.jpg
Le famous leg picture lol
r7jhqv.jpg
54shog.jpg
Unfortunate facial expression of choice but oh well
28r3azc.jpg
344cjcx.jpg

August-November: Started doing a carb-cycling routine with a mostly-paleo approach (it's what works for me) with cheat meals every two weeks. I slacked off for a bit in August/September because work was INSANE. However, early October I got my crap together and am now being very strict with what I eat, and it's definitely showing. Current workout is crossfit 3x per week, and then I'll go to the regular gym one day to work on any body part that I feel needs improvement (typically biceps and glutes), and then a couple days of the week I'll do about 40-50 minutes of high intensity interval training. Right now it's about whittling away the fat that I accumulated with muscle building this summer, which is normal. Bodybuilders call this the "cutting stage."

Anyway, pic of August-ish and now. Really starting to see some definition and separation in those hard-earned leg muscles. I have some KILLER abs and obliques coming in from doing so much core work this past year. I've never seen my abs before (my midsection is my biggest challenge in terms of fat loss) so I am super excited.

dms94z.jpg
23rqr79.jpg
mh9kc8.jpg
ayoknp.jpg

Feeling happier, more confident, and excited to dress up again :)
6xrgw9.jpg
2m7ufid.jpg

Woooooo!
2s1u101.jpg

If there's a moral to this story, it's that you need to have short-term goals in order to achieve longer-term goals. See my checklist up there? I have some goals on there that I'll likely reach soon, and longer ones that will probably take me another year. You have to decide what your goal is. Most of this past year, my goal was performance and strength gains. I went up 30 lbs on deadlift and 20 lbs on bench in a MONTH. So now, my goal is to look like a babe for my wedding and honeymoon. Strength is on hold for now. It was hard learning to be "ok" with not increasing my weights and focusing more on HIIT than RXing wods, but I feel much more confident now. Addicted to results.

98% diet for me. I can gain/maintain muscle no problem. I am VERY sensitive to carbs and can't do the IIFYM and "eat whatever as long as you're in your calorie range" tactic. That just does NOT work for me, and for those of you for whom it does work, congrats because that is everyone's dream. Anyway, I hope this inspires some of you to try weight lifting! It's a long process and I suggest you start by gaining muscle so that when the fat comes off, you have some nice definition to reveal. That's just me :) Cheers!

Replies

• FindingMyself24
    FindingMyself24 Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    You look great!! Great work!
  • haroon_awan
    haroon_awan Posts: 1,208 Member
    Options
    freshprincesubs.tumblr.png
  • eevincheezburger
    eevincheezburger Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    freshprincesubs.tumblr.png

LMAO
  • sbro32
    sbro32 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    You look gorgeous!
  • adioschubs
    adioschubs Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    Amazing dedication! It shows :)
  • eevincheezburger
    Options
    Thank you!!
  • Shamichelle
    Shamichelle Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Fantastic! You look awesome ejennings1988. (:
  • RachelRuns9
    RachelRuns9 Posts: 585 Member
    Options
    Soooooo awesome!! You look amazing. I wish I could afford crossfit!
    I just checked out your blog and can't wait to try the crepes posted on the first page tomorrow! :)

Your legs are KILLER!!!! :) Great job!!
  • Jacquieh73
    Jacquieh73 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing!! Boy, if this won't keep someone motivated! Just started MFP yesterday, it was good to see such a success story with pictures. Thanks again. No, I'm not a creeper! Lol
  • michael1976_ca
    michael1976_ca Posts: 3,488 Member
    Options
    wow increadible job and you look amazing
  • Trimi
    Trimi Posts: 57
    Options
    Fantastic, and you look great. Congratulations!
  • lighteningjeanne855
    Options
    I am impressed with your marvelous workout plan, and the outstanding results thereof.

All I can add to the praise above is:
    now make your plans on how to maintain this splendorous body after the honeymoon!

Best Wishes on your wedding countdown, the event, AND the honeymoon!
  • eevincheezburger
    Options
    I am impressed with your marvelous workout plan, and the outstanding results thereof.

All I can add to the praise above is:
    now make your plans on how to maintain this splendorous body after the honeymoon!

Best Wishes on your wedding countdown, the event, AND the honeymoon!

Thanks hon! I hope to maintain a pretty good body fat percentage after the wedding as well. :) It's still a ways off (7 months!).
  • enchanted_daydream
    enchanted_daydream Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    Wow!! You look AWESOME!! very motivating :)
  • webbo20
    webbo20 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Amazing results and outstanding dedication results = epic hotness
  • tj1376
    tj1376 Posts: 1,402 Member
    Options
    I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE your legs! Gorgeous!!!!
  • tmleonard3
    tmleonard3 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Thank you, very motivating! You look amazing. I am trying to get refocued after an injury and being sick so I really needed your story.
  • kelly_e_montana
    kelly_e_montana Posts: 1,999 Member
    Options
    OMG I freakin love you. I love this post so much that I almost made out with my computer screen.

I feel the same way about eating and have a similar workout regimen, and I am excited to see your progress. I just started CrossFit a month ago and you are inspiring me.

Love, love, love the short term performance goals and the fact that you DON'T WEIGH YOURSELF. I have never seen a better post on MFP. Thank you so much! Love your progress and keep up the good work. You never know who you might be inspiring!
  • tottie06
    tottie06 Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    Oh my gawd!!! Your hard work has paid off! I love how you put it, " start by gaining muscle so that when the fat comes off, you have some nice definition to reveal." Well said!
  • lousoulbody
    lousoulbody Posts: 663 Member
    Options
    Awesome transformation, and so inspirational, thank you for sharing you story!!

:drinker: Cheers
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!