Anyone else not like Thanksgiving food?

Options
I've never been a fan of turkey, mashed potatoes, weird casseroles, pumpkin pie, or other traditional Thanksgiving food. I'll eat it, because it's usually the only option, but those things will never be my first choice. I see people on the forums freaking out because they don't want to eat everything at T-giving and ruin their progress, and I see other people saying they will not worry about it at all, and eat all they want. I guess I fall into the second category, because I will eat all I want, which is not very much.

Not trying to be serious here, but is there anyone else that feels the same way about Thanksgiving?

Replies

• MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    :noway: :drinker: <===one cup is gravy the other is mashed potatoes...bottoms up!
  • Ainar
    Ainar Posts: 858 Member
    Options
    Don't celebrate Thanksgiving here but if I would I would ate it all. :bigsmile:

I can't remember when was last time I ate a turkey tho, if we would celebrate Thanksgiving here then in place of turkey we would prolly have a little piggy lol, I think that's more traditional here cos we ate a lot of pork at Christmas here. But I enjoy pumpkin pies, mashed potatoes and most of these traditional stuff of Thanksgiving. I would just take a cheat day. ^^
  • dancephysics
    Options
    Thanks for confirming the fact that I'm alone in my feelings. :sad:
  • willrun4bagels
    willrun4bagels Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    I'm a vegetarian and think most of what's on the table for dinner at Thanksgiving is gross. I bring a big salad with arugula, dried cranberries, walnuts, and goat cheese for everyone, but usually end up eating most of that myself. I also make a vegetable casserole from scratch with green beans, mushrooms, potato, broccoli, and carrots in a Greek yogurt "sauce" that I love.

I end up eating a lot of appetizers and just salad and veggies for dinner. :drinker:
  • czechwolf52
    czechwolf52 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Me! I'm glad I'm not the only one!

I've never really liked Thanksgiving food, I really dislike vegetables (slowly overcoming that) and the food just seems blah to me. Christmas is another story, I love the steak and sweets that we have around the house. But on Thanksgiving I never have to worry about eating too much, I'll probably have to worry about eating more.
  • herblackwings39
    herblackwings39 Posts: 3,930 Member
    Options
    I like Thanksgiving foods, but if you don't see if there is any interest about trying an alternative Thanksgiving. Give it a theme like Latin American or Asian inspired.
  • TX_Rhon
    TX_Rhon Posts: 1,549 Member
    Options
    I get you! I hate pumpkin//pumpkin spice/sweet potatoes with spices!! The only thing I do like is the cornbread dressing. My family has never done bread-type stuffing. I do, however, dig the cherry pie! Aside from that - I could go with a different menu and not care.

I do like the family time so it truly doesnt matter what we eat :flowerforyou:
  • greenmonstergirl
    greenmonstergirl Posts: 619 Member
    Options
    Well when I used to eat all that stuff...I only liked the turkey, mashed potatoes, bread and pie (gee...why was I overweight?)...now I still like the turkey but I have a sweet potato (not the crap with sugar and marshmallows on it, but a plain sweet potato with cinnamon only on it). That and my nephew makes a nice spinach salad that we have and I love that too. I'm the pie maker of the family, but I've sworn off sweets anymore as that's my crack unfortunately.
  • AlongCame_Molly
    AlongCame_Molly Posts: 2,835 Member
    Options
    I don't have any particular aversion to any of it, but I've never gotten why everyone gets so excited about it all. :/ It's not all that great. I mean it's ok, but I'd rather murder a giant plate of steamed vegetables and a steak or juicy chicken breast than all that heavy ish.

I do love a good bowl of stuffing, though. But I eat that year-round so it's not something I'm exactly looking forward to.
  • Ladyzumba
    Ladyzumba Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    I can take it or leave it! I'm over so much food, it just gets to be to be a bit much and very overwhelming!
    I mean how much can you fit on one serving plate at one time...
  • IwearBatmanUndies
    Options
    I dont do stuffing, and I dont do the dirty bird. But if you ever ate at a puerto rican's thanksgiving diner, Turkey is most likely a 90lb slow roasted pig with crunchy skin, rice, beans, cassava, baked ziti (dont ask), and fried stuffed mashed potato balls.
  • 2stepscloser
    2stepscloser Posts: 2,900 Member
    Options
    My family is originally from Europe and we just do a nice meal (beef tenderloin, roasted asparagus and roasted green beans, mashed potatoes and dessert) on Thanksgiving. When I first got married 13 years ago, I asked my husband if he wanted me to cook the traditional meal and his response was "hell no. I'd much rather have beef tenderloin". So we don't eat it :)
  • Tffanie4712
    Options
    Yes I won't be eating at all. I'll just be watching,but I'm going to visit family members sit and chat no eating..............
  • ThePlight
    ThePlight Posts: 3,593 Member
    Options
    I'm not very interested in the food, other than the gravy. I can have gravy ANYTIME.
  • endoftheside
    endoftheside Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    I like Thanksgiving food fine, the first time of the season I eat it, but I do not understand the compulsion to make 40 pounds of turkey for 15 people and then have to eat the rest as leftovers again and again and again, let's face it, the turkey was probably dry to begin with and doesn't get better with reheating. :tongue:
  • AestheticStar
    AestheticStar Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    I don't. I never liked turkey, or really anything else that went with the meals. I usually do honey baked ham for Thanksgiving haha. It's MUCH better tasting.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,867 Member
    Options
    No, you're a weirdo....

Also, I know a bunch of people around here have some really ****ed up issues with food...but traditional T-giving foods are in no way "unhealthy"....it's just your jacked *kitten* perception of ****.
  • 1dce
    1dce Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    WHAT? :noway:
  • Cindyinpg
    Cindyinpg Posts: 3,902 Member
    Options
    I love Thanksgiving food! Juicy turkey, green bean casserole, creamy mashed potatoes, sausage and cornbread stuffing, green bean casserole, pumpkin pie, more green bean casserole. Did I mention green bean casserole?
    green-bean-casserole_zpsc8156d7c.jpg
  • whitneysin
    whitneysin Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    I've never been a fan of turkey, mashed potatoes, weird casseroles, pumpkin pie, or other traditional Thanksgiving food. I'll eat it, because it's usually the only option, but those things will never be my first choice. I see people on the forums freaking out because they don't want to eat everything at T-giving and ruin their progress, and I see other people saying they will not worry about it at all, and eat all they want. I guess I fall into the second category, because I will eat all I want, which is not very much.

Not trying to be serious here, but is there anyone else that feels the same way about Thanksgiving?

You're the only person I've ever met who shares my distaste for Thanksgiving food. You're not alone!