Beating The Odds...One Squat At A Time!

Replies

• garrisonwife
    garrisonwife Posts: 129 Member
    just when i'm feeling like crap cause the damn scale wont move...:explode:
    .. thanks for the inspiration!!!! :drinker: , good for you hun,
    i wonder with the exercise, has your bone density increased?

i'm proud of you, and i dont even know you. you are amazing, and it sounds like you believe it now.
    i'm incrediblily happy for you. keep going girl :happy:

Thank you SO MUCH!!! Unfortunately, with my disease, there is absolutely no cure...no way to fix it...except to replace all the affected joints...which is why I have to get my other hip, both knees, both shoulders and eventually my jaw done. HOWEVER...strengthening the muscles AROUND those joints and getting weight off of the weight-bearing joints has been really helpful when it comes to pain and mobility! I appreciate it so much to hear the words, "I'm proud of you!" Seriously, that means the world to me!

:heart:
    ~MB~

you are absolutely adorable!!!!
    thank you again for posting :smile:
    i now have a girl crush on you so here comes a friend request!! :blushing: lol

i think you are a very strong person, inspiring, you should be so very proud of yourself. look at what your doing, and what you've done... totally amazing

Woot!!! *Girl Crush!!!* On my way to add you! :heart:
  • garrisonwife
    Great job, Mary Beth (MB). You and your dear hubby will meet and exceed all your dreams and goals.
    Blessings to you dear one. :flowerforyou:

Thank you so much!! God has blessed me and my husband beyond our wildest dreams. Truly. We may have to face scary things sometimes...but now we have each other to face them TOGETHER!! I could not have DREAMT of a better partner in my life, and I am so blessed that I waited to marry the right man!!! :-) It may have taken me. 30+ years to find him...but at least now I know I'll never be without him again! :heart:
  • FattyFatsoMcTubby
    FattyFatsoMcTubby Posts: 170 Member
    Awesome Job! Thanks for sharing and inspiring others, like me.
  • sarahlisbeth84
    sarahlisbeth84 Posts: 3 Member
    Amazing! You should be so so proud of yourself, and it sounds like you are! Just for the record, you can squat more than me and I'm not battling pain every day. ;-) Way to go!
  • susanrechter
    susanrechter Posts: 386 Member
    Awesome possum! You are truly a testament of success. Keep up the good work, you're doing it right!:flowerforyou:
  • fpelletier
    fpelletier Posts: 365 Member
    Wow. Amazing story, I was in tears reading how your days were before and how they are now. I am so glad you have someone in your corner supporting you and helping you make your daily life better. I'd love to be a fly on the wall for the family visit with the ex! lol Good luck on the rest of your journey!!!
  • clambert1273
    clambert1273 Posts: 840 Member
    One of the best success stories I have read... ever!

Now get a shirt that says Girl Power and wear it to the gym :laugh: Just goes to show - mind over matter :flowerforyou:
  • garrisonwife
    First, I have to say a huge THANK YOU to everyone who has posted on here or sent me messages. Turns out...a lot more people can relate to my story than I thought. It means the absolute world to me that you guys are showing such awesome love and support, and I will never, ever be able to thank you all enough!!!
    Wow. Amazing story, I was in tears reading how your days were before and how they are now. I am so glad you have someone in your corner supporting you and helping you make your daily life better. I'd love to be a fly on the wall for the family visit with the ex! lol Good luck on the rest of your journey!!!

Ha!!! You have NO IDEA how many messages I've gotten saying, "OMG...I wanna see his face!" Ha ha!!! The coolest part about all of this...at first, I REALLY, REALLY wanted to be at my "lightest" just so I could go, "Look at what YOU missed out on, buddy!" But NOW...I hardly even think about it. Ok...that's a lie. I think about it...but it's not my GOAL anymore. Because of my husband's never ending and absolute love and support...I want to make this change for LIFE. Not only for him...but for me!! This man has made me the happiest I've ever been in my entire 33 years on this earth. I want to be able to look him in the eyes when people ask, "How'd you do it??" and say with complete and total honesty, "Because I finally got happy!"

Thanks for the sweet words!! Who knows? Maybe I'll secretly record the whole day. ;-) Lots of love and hugs!! ~MB~
  • Thank you - so so much - for posting your story. I have never exercised because I've had bad knees since I was a teen, and then I broke my foot a while back, and that gives me trouble too. It's painful, but of course, no problem I have is as painful as yours... so suddenly I think I can do this. I also have the hormonal problems (sound identical) but I know mine are from stress.

I've lost a mere 9 lbs, in the 5 weeks so far, but that's without exercise. You've given me the nerve to try exercising. Thank you. <3
  • garrisonwife
    Thank you - so so much - for posting your story. I have never exercised because I've had bad knees since I was a teen, and then I broke my foot a while back, and that gives me trouble too. It's painful, but of course, no problem I have is as painful as yours... so suddenly I think I can do this. I also have the hormonal problems (sound identical) but I know mine are from stress.

I've lost a mere 9 lbs, in the 5 weeks so far, but that's without exercise. You've given me the nerve to try exercising. Thank you. <3

I am STOKED that my story gave you some motivation...but please let me first encourage you to check with your doc first. I mean, I have a crazy disease, yes...but my surgeon pretty much told me that I have NO restrictions...even with a hip replacement, and that is RARE. Also...nine pounds in 5 weeks is FANTASTIC!! I know, we all want to see the scale go down like it does on The Biggest Loser...but it's just NOT going to do that for most people that aren't 500 pounds and working out 5 or more hours a day and eating nothing but chef-prepared, healthy meals. We have to do this ourselves...so it's going to take a while...but it WILL happen. I have to tell myself all the time..."Okay...if I give up...NOTHING will happen that is good. If I keep going...the scale may not move right away...it may take a while...but it WILL happen...as long as I KEEP GOING." Just. Keep. Going. You can either do what you did before or do more healthy things...a year is going to pass whether you do unhealthy things or healthy things. If that year passes and you've been doing the healthier things...you'll be in a lot better place, I can promise you that. YOU CAN DO IT!!! (Just check with your doc first!! Soooooo important!!) HUGS!! ~MB~
  • garrisonwife
    One of the best success stories I have read... ever!

Now get a shirt that says Girl Power and wear it to the gym :laugh: Just goes to show - mind over matter :flowerforyou:

Thank you so much!! Once I reach my next "mini" goal...I'm going to get a couple of funny gym t-shirts!! There are so many out there that are hilarious. One of my favs says, "Sex, Weights and Protein Shakes"...but unfortunately, I don't quite view that one as appropriate to wear in public. Ha!! However, there are some that are just amazing. I'll have to see if I can't find some of the links I've found and share them because they are too funny!!! Thanks, again! :drinker:
  • clambert1273
    clambert1273 Posts: 840 Member
    Mine says Swag :laugh:
  • amcsouth
    amcsouth Posts: 283 Member
    Amazing :heart:
  • LAnne16
    LAnne16 Posts: 272 Member
    wow... What an incredibly inspirational story. You truly should be proud of everything you've accomplished!
  • enchanted_daydream
    enchanted_daydream Posts: 258 Member
    Wow. What an inspiring story. You are incredible :)
  • Fkika3131
    Fkika3131 Posts: 208 Member
    Amazing. Your story is so inspiring. Thank you for sharing. "Blessing" to you now and always
  • garrisonwife
    Mine says Swag :laugh:

HA!!! We sooo need to be friends. Love it!!!
  • garrisonwife
    wow... What an incredibly inspirational story. You truly should be proud of everything you've accomplished!

Thank you so very much!! It's taken me a VERY long time to be able to see any kind of self-worth...and my self esteem still has a long way to go to recover. To be perfectly honest...it wasn't until I had written all of this down...then re-read it for me to actually say, "Wow...I really HAVE come a long way!" So, in a sense, I am proud of myself...it's keeping it up that I have a problem with. One step at a time, though. :-) Thanks again!!!
  • garrisonwife
    Wow. What an inspiring story. You are incredible :)

I appreciate you saying that so much...but, I don't feel like I'm incredible. I just think that life threw me quite a few curveballs...and I either had to curl up in a ball and wallow in it...or get up and do something about it. I simply had to make a choice. I chose not to wallow. There are still days that I want to cry, and ask "WHY?!?" but luckily, those days are fewer and fewer now. I truly believe that if anyone else were in my situation, they would probably do the same thing!! I hope to encourage others who may be "down and out" whether physically or mentally or emotionally or what have you...but I don't think of myself as "incredible" or "amazing". I'm just a girl who decided to take back her life. :-) Thank you SO much for such wonderfully kind words! It means more to me than you can ever know!
  • garrisonwife
    Just wanted to say thank you to EVERYONE who has commented or sent messages!! I never thought my story would get so much attention! I appreciate each one of you so very much...even if I wasn't able to respond to each person individually!! Love and hugs around the room!!! :heart:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!