Oil Drilling Project

Options
13»

Replies

• jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    I just want to know why all my friends are in here helping you when I also have homework to do. Traitors.

MAN I hope your homework has something to do with your butt. Or your perfume collection.

Both. I got most of the bottles in my perfume collection because of my butt.

Sorry, OP, but something just came up and I won't be able to continue helping you with your homework.

Bonus: it doesn't bother her (as much) that I'm old.
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    I just want to know why all of my clique are in here helping you when I also have homework to do. Traitors.

FIFY
  • Otterluv
    Otterluv Posts: 9,083 Member
    Options
    I just want to know why all my friends are in here helping you when I also have homework to do. Traitors.

ME TOO!! Hey guise, so whatcha' think about Robert Rauschenberg? Specifically about his 2-dimensional work in the 60's? Notice how he tends to work on a grid? But, he effectively plays with the planes of color with his use of visual texture? So, umm, think I could get each of you to type out a page of my paper for me? Double spaced, Arial. Oh, and I'll need MLA citations for it, too.

THANKS! Ya'll are the best :flowerforyou:
  • RyanJK85
    RyanJK85 Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    hispanic-woman-glasses-thinking-pen-23429388.jpg

10, bang, hug, kiss...all the above :laugh:

Sorry Jes, had to high jack it lol

I am so uncreative....sorry no help
  • Ovrsees
    Options
    ...A previous group had a scope on on boarding and laid their board down and glued a train and track to it and had signs with "All aboard for on boarding" as an example...

If you're just looking for a theme, maybe you could try some old timey turn of the century oil strike stuff. Look back at some history, come up with a cute slogan, etc...

oilstrike_zpsbf49dd5f.jpg

Thank you! This was all my post was getting at, some simple ideas so I could go off of them and create something :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
    [/quote]

23ksndw.jpg

Talk about the dedication that is needed to work in the oil field ! :glasses:
  • Lisa1971
    Lisa1971 Posts: 3,069 Member
    Options
    Best of luck to you, OP! That sounds incredibly difficult. :flowerforyou:
  • Sylvitryinghard
    Sylvitryinghard Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    I am the MOST uncreative person on Earth, so here I am, asking strangers for input.

I had to do a project this semester for a class. We had clients who picked who they wanted working on their project.

My company is an Oil Drilling company based in the town my college is in. Our scope was to do a job analysis, create a job description for a certain position, create a point based disciplinary system and create a pre-employment job test.

My professor is, I don't even know how to describe her. She wants nothing less than perfect and amazing work.

We have to create a tri-fold board and be creative with it. Any ideas are fair game, as long as it is doable within a few days, as we present on Thursday (I know, my group sucks and put this off way too long)

SO, what I need from you lovely people, is ideas on something creative, preferably interactive, and adult. (My professor specifically said if it comes in looking like a 5th grade science project, we fail the class)

So help, PLEASE!!!

how much are you willing to pay for lol and I could give u this **** in a minute lol jk

google is your best friend
  • delicious_cocktail
    delicious_cocktail Posts: 5,797 Member
    Options
    I guess I'm one of the old people now :sad: :sad: :sad:

Maybe it's my time spent as a high school teacher, but I'm also of the opinion that you should do your own homework. Your teacher assigned it because she believes the skills required will be valuable to you in your chosen career.

The job analysis, description, test and discipline policy - yes, those will be helpful for my future career. Making a trifold board about it? Not so much.

Over the course of my old-man career, I've worked with quite a few early twentysomethings who just got their undergrad degrees. Most of them have suffered from the same logical short-circuit that you're experiencing.

Your assignment is your assignment. This "not-my-job" nonsense, this belief you have that the work is somehow beneath you, is going to get you fired pretty quickly from any job you have. On your way out the door, you'll be shouting "but that wasn't my job!!"

As an adult, you need to be able to follow simple instructions and optimistically give 100% to everything asked of you.

Long story short: 2/10, would not hire.
  • firstsip
    firstsip Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    Where did the young slackers go?

Oh, still here.

And not going anywhere! :wink:

Clearly. Oh, did you just mean on the forums?

/notanoldperson
  • 777Gemma888
    777Gemma888 Posts: 9,578 Member
    Options
    I am the MOST uncreative person on Earth, so here I am, asking strangers for input.

I had to do a project this semester for a class. We had clients who picked who they wanted working on their project.

My company is an Oil Drilling company based in the town my college is in. Our scope was to do a job analysis, create a job description for a certain position, create a point based disciplinary system and create a pre-employment job test.

My professor is, I don't even know how to describe her. She wants nothing less than perfect and amazing work.

We have to create a tri-fold board and be creative with it. Any ideas are fair game, as long as it is doable within a few days, as we present on Thursday (I know, my group sucks and put this off way too long)

SO, what I need from you lovely people, is ideas on something creative, preferably interactive, and adult. (My professor specifically said if it comes in looking like a 5th grade science project, we fail the class)

So help, PLEASE!!!

Unfortunately you did not ask for a brainstorm session, when you had more time. I concur with EvgeniZyntx
    Paste an ipad to the cardboard

Many rendering companies are able to put together 3D presentations in 48hrs to 5 days. For the right price, some can even deliver in 24hrs. Animated 3D renderings will cost you more, unless you know someone personally who has the software to assist you within your limited time frame.

Something similar to this video, only directed to suit your company and College Town. You could even pay to include elements of the effects of growth as was and will be impacted to the township, as your group has determined for your company. See: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K5o49JILs2g

The base of your tri-fold board could house a topographical architectural model of your oil site. View attached as an example.

2jbpclw.jpg
    Source of pic: http://www.solid-ideas.com/gis/

Professional and NOT 5th grade standard.
  • Monkey_Business
    Monkey_Business Posts: 1,800 Member
    Options
    show a guy bent over with the caption "Drilling postion open"
  • 777Gemma888
    777Gemma888 Posts: 9,578 Member
    Options
    Further ... You might consider something in this family :