Finally went to a cosplay convention!

Options
So, I don't have any before pictures (really wish I did), but I am 5'6.5" tall and weighed 220 a little over a year and a half ago. I was wearing size 22 (US) pants and 2X T-shirts (I did not "hold" my weight well). Because of my weight, I did not follow my passion for cosplay. It really made me sad to sit and look at pictures on the internet of other people dressing up and having fun in "normal" sized costumes. I made a vow NOT to be a plus size version of anything. Well, long story made short: I lost weight and now weigh 125 lbs, fitting into size 5-7 pants and small to medium T-shirts. Here is a picture from today at a local convention (I am dressed in a Wa Lolita costume, which is a Japanese fashion style that combines the lolita dress with a kimono):

IMG_20131117_110128-2_zps1889c6ea.jpg

Replies

• strangeone25
    strangeone25 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    That is awesome...you look amazing!
  • jessgumkowski88
    jessgumkowski88 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    ahh so cute!! :O I wanna do that soo bad!
  • L4gym
    L4gym Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Reimon,

You look fantastic! I would love to nerd-out like that at BlizzCon when I reach my goal.
  • SquidVonBob
    SquidVonBob Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    Cute cosplay! I would love to do a cosplay and my starting weight was the same as yours so this gives me hope! Great job.
  • unbreakablemoth
    Options
    That's awesome!!!! Congratulations :)
  • sybrix
    sybrix Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    This is aweome! I always thought the different Lolita styles were super pretty. great work!
  • sola24
    sola24 Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    Loved it!! :D I am also a huge fan of anime and cosplay.. but didnt get a chance so far.. but you look soo good :)
  • russellbrand69
    russellbrand69 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Good for you - you look great, and what a brilliant achievement!
  • aubyshortcake
    aubyshortcake Posts: 796 Member
    Options
    Love It!!
  • knitapeace
    knitapeace Posts: 1,013 Member
    Options
    You look beautiful! Did you sew the dress yourself? It looks custom fit to you!
  • Care76
    Care76 Posts: 556 Member
    Options
    Way to go, you look great! Love the dress too!
  • MityMax96
    MityMax96 Posts: 5,778 Member
    Options
    awesome job. :drinker:
  • Guinevere117
    Guinevere117 Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone! ^_^!

I did make the dress myself. The entire costume is about 99% homemade.
  • zombie_meg
    zombie_meg Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Awesome job on your weight loss and your beautiful dress!
  • WhiteRabbit1313
    WhiteRabbit1313 Posts: 1,091 Member
    Options
    So, I don't have any before pictures (really wish I did), but I am 5'6.5" tall and weighed 220 a little over a year and a half ago. I was wearing size 22 (US) pants and 2X T-shirts (I did not "hold" my weight well). Because of my weight, I did not follow my passion for cosplay. It really made me sad to sit and look at pictures on the internet of other people dressing up and having fun in "normal" sized costumes. I made a vow NOT to be a plus size version of anything. Well, long story made short: I lost weight and now weigh 125 lbs, fitting into size 5-7 pants and small to medium T-shirts. Here is a picture from today at a local convention (I am dressed in a Wa Lolita costume, which is a Japanese fashion style that combines the lolita dress with a kimono):

IMG_20131117_110128-2_zps1889c6ea.jpg

Gorgeous! Amazing job!
  • MGinAK
    MGinAK Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    Congrats! Cool Costume!!!
  • lighteningjeanne855
    Options
    You've given me an incentive!
    It's not cosplay, but I'd like to look good
    in one of those mini-skirted uniforms from
    The Original Star Trek at the Las Vegas
    Convention in 2014.
  • L4gym
    L4gym Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Convention in 2014.

Girls night out!
  • Qski
    Qski Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    Convention in 2014.

They have several hawt versions that were released after the latest two movies that I have seen for sale online.... I wanted my sister in law (super model gorgeous with no idea that she is!) to wear one when we went to see Into Darkness.
    I didn't even contemplate it - I wouldn't even look ok in the engineering uniforms.
    Go Do it!!!
  • DemoraFairy
    DemoraFairy Posts: 1,806 Member
    Options
    I lost weight for cosplay too so that I could finally do cosplays with a bare midriff. It's such a good feeling when you finally feel ready to wear the outfit you've been working towards.

I love your dress, especially the skirt! You look great :D
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!