Boyfriend jeans, yeah or nay?

Options
2»

Replies

• Ed98043
    Ed98043 Posts: 1,333 Member
    Options
    I think they would be fine for anyone of any age to wear. You start venturing into (as my grandmother used to say) "mutton dressed as lamb" territory when you wear teenager clothes from the junior's section.

If Sharon Stone can wear them - so can other 50-pluses.

article-2328428-19E90C3C000005DC-833_634x879.jpg
  • jacksonpt
    jacksonpt Posts: 10,413 Member
    Options
    If you have to ask, then no... you can't wear them.
  • cadaverousbones
    cadaverousbones Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    Its the cut that makes them "boyfriend jeans" see how they are kind of loose and straight legged? boyfriend jeans.
  • FrauMama
    FrauMama Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    I have no *kitten*. I don't do distressed, I think that is for the young and trendy.

I think you've got your answer (no) there. :) Maybe skinny jeans and boots?? I didn't think about the no-*kitten* factor...not so good with the boyfriend cut (=pancake effect).

Some of these answers are classic, though! Seriously, some of the more stylish people I've seen have been wearing these...and they look amazing! (and I'm totally picky/not easily impressed). The French have won me over.

ETA: I don't think they look that great on SS above...but Jennifer Aniston can wear them well. Maybe because she has slightly more curves?
  • 777Gemma888
    777Gemma888 Posts: 9,578 Member
    Options
    Also who can wear them? Can a slender, tall, fifty something wear them? Too trendy for that demographic? How the heck do you style them? And what actually makes them "boyfriend jeans"?

I am just a few pounds from goal. I need to upgrade my wardrobe. I like everything I try on. But... at fifty something, just because I can, doesn't mean I should. Goals...Look current, look fashionable, yet casual. Not interested in the cougar look, ugh. Classy, but not matronly.

So any input from the fashionista's?

Step 1: Buy a pair
    Step 3: Wear it
    Step 3: Take a photo of yourself from all angles
    Step 4: If you determine you will hate yourself for wearing something so ill-fitted next year ~> To the rubbish bin ~ And be quick about it!!
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    I think those are fine. And if you look good in them, I don't think there's really any type of jeans you shouldn't wear (except majorly ripped up ones). Unless you really like this look, I wouldn't wear these. These are mom jeans.

anigif_enhanced-buzz-16732-1380142968-6.gif

LMAO!!

Agreed.

I personally don't care for boyfriend jeans but on the right figure they're cute. Definitely check out some fashion blogs, it seems like fashion bloggers are in love with boyfriend jean styles the past few years and can be a good source of styling tips!!
  • onetooblown
    onetooblown Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    I think a lot of people on here are misunderstanding the boyfriend cut as literally wearing your boyfriends jeans, which is not was OP is referencing.

boyfriend's jeans = made for guys

boyfriend cut = made for women

okay now that that is cleared up, yes! totally rock them! they can be totally classy and modern as long as they aren't too distressed and you know what to dress them with. (blouse, blazer, tank and wedges in the summer, etc.)
  • mustgetmuscles1
    mustgetmuscles1 Posts: 3,346 Member
    Options
    Funny how these styles always come back around. 80's women were wearing boy jeans and men were wearing skinny jeans. Fast forward and the styles are back.

sean_penn_et_madonna_8709_north_545x.jpg
    debbie-gibson-costume-out-of-the-blue.jpg
  • aquarabbit
    aquarabbit Posts: 1,622 Member
    Options
    I love them. Wendy from Wendy's lookbook has a video on boyfriend jean pairings that I saw a while ago. so I went out and got myself a pair. There are so many now. I got more of a slim fitting one since I'll always be a curvy girl no even when I get to my goal weight and that type is more flattering than the baggier versions. I especially like them rolled up. So comfy!
  • bonkers1224
    bonkers1224 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    LOVE :love: I'm 53 ! Wear them proudly!