Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Nasty boyfriend's breath..

13»

Replies

• ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Doesn't cleanse sinus.

You don't actually KNOW that's the problem, though... If you just want to cleanse the sinuses there's tons of options. Try a Neti Pot or something. But anything we seem to suggest you seem very unwilling to accept... so, let me just say, Good Luck On Your Journey! :flowerforyou:

What suggestions did I receive? Other then to suck his member or use mouth wash (or face mask, which he already uses) I didn't see any other "help".

see a physician that was probably the best advice
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Doesn't cleanse sinus.

You don't actually KNOW that's the problem, though... If you just want to cleanse the sinuses there's tons of options. Try a Neti Pot or something. But anything we seem to suggest you seem very unwilling to accept... so, let me just say, Good Luck On Your Journey! :flowerforyou:

What suggestions did I receive? Other then to suck his member or use mouth wash (or face mask, which he already uses) I didn't see any other "help".

see a physician that was probably the best advice

Respirator...

Smart Mouth....

Doctor....

Neti Pot/SinuCleanse...
  • CountryDevil
    CountryDevil Posts: 819 Member
    First off let me say that if you have not considered it, he should go see a Dr. and have the symptoms properly diagnosed. Bad breath or halitosis can be caused by other medical conditions like liver and kidney functions. Also conditions like dry mouth, which could be caused by exposure to chemicals can cause bad breath.Also infections in the lungs, sinuses, or airways can also cause bad breath due to the presence of nasal secretions that may drain into the mouth. Coughing up sputum from lung infections can also cause bad breath. Other factors like the use of tobacco products including chewless tobacco can cause chronic bad breath.

So it could be anything. Chronic bad breath is a medical condition and can be linked to other severe issues you may or may not be showing signs of.

When in doubt go see a Dr....

Well if only it was free to go see a doc...
    He hasn't worked there for so long to have any health issues, well at least hopefully.

The money situation is understandable if he just starting working there and benefits have not kicked in. However, you failed to get my point. I was not referring to him working around the chemicals long enough to have health issues. I was stating that there are health issues, related or not being around the chemicals that can cause it. In either case, it should be checked out by a qualified Dr.
  • Sovictorrious
    Sovictorrious Posts: 770 Member
    If I had 100lbs to loose, I think I'd have better things to do than argue with a bunch of strangers online.

Just an observation.

Wow....
  • Foodorlife
    Foodorlife Posts: 111 Member
    First off let me say that if you have not considered it, he should go see a Dr. and have the symptoms properly diagnosed. Bad breath or halitosis can be caused by other medical conditions like liver and kidney functions. Also conditions like dry mouth, which could be caused by exposure to chemicals can cause bad breath.Also infections in the lungs, sinuses, or airways can also cause bad breath due to the presence of nasal secretions that may drain into the mouth. Coughing up sputum from lung infections can also cause bad breath. Other factors like the use of tobacco products including chewless tobacco can cause chronic bad breath.

So it could be anything. Chronic bad breath is a medical condition and can be linked to other severe issues you may or may not be showing signs of.

When in doubt go see a Dr....

Well if only it was free to go see a doc...
    He hasn't worked there for so long to have any health issues, well at least hopefully.

The money situation is understandable if he just starting working there and benefits have not kicked in. However, you failed to get my point. I was not referring to him working around the chemicals long enough to have health issues. I was stating that there are health issues, related or not being around the chemicals that can cause it. In either case, it should be checked out by a qualified Dr.

Oh I am all for it, but the decision is for him. It took him so long to get a job, and he loves this job, smell doesn't bother him at all...he doesn't care about potential health issues...unfortunately.
  • Foodorlife
    If I had 100lbs to loose, I think I'd have better things to do than argue with a bunch of strangers online.

Just an observation.

Wow....

Just what I was thinking about it, yet when someone was rude towards her she started saying oh you are shallow and all that...well, weight will come off, but horrible personality...
  • vtmoon
    vtmoon Posts: 3,436 Member
    But did you post something personal and embarrassing that he may one day inadvertently see? Yes.

Because I mean, I'm sure he's not sitting right there beside you posting on this thread right?

I'm sure he doesn't even know you posted his **** here.

And on a side note, what kind of response did you think you would solicit? It's not like any of us here are stinky mouth doctors.

I'm beginning to think the smell is your upper lip. Try waxing it, maybe some McDonalds got stuck in the hair and rotted.

Some of us actually are doctors and can help with suggestions.

I kind of wish I could see how life turns out for you in say 20 years when your youth is slipping.

Well, I'm sure there are doctors who post here. That wasn't my point, and don't take what I say so literally.

The point is, this isn't a forum dedicated to oral issues ... and you should never take someone's advice online regarding a medical issue even IF they claim they're doctors. Because anyone can say they're an MD ... I'm a doctor! (see, I just did it).

What do my looks have to do with anything? I'm sure I will age gracefully like all the other women in my family, supported by people who love me, and pursuing life goals that feed my soul. It's really immature and shallow to call out someone's appearance just for the hell of it. I had no beef with you, I guess you just needed your daily ego boost. I'll take one for the team, after all I have an over abundance of confidence so go ahead and get off on trying to tear me down.

Where will you be in 20 years? Probably still on MFP, going over your calorie budget.

You should write a book! The contradictions in that post would leave M. Night Shyamalan confused.
  • cadaverousbones
    cadaverousbones Posts: 421 Member
    He should go to the doctor if his breath is that bad and he has been wearing a mask at work and no one else has this issue. Could be a totally unrelated health problem.
  • Foodorlife
    But did you post something personal and embarrassing that he may one day inadvertently see? Yes.

Because I mean, I'm sure he's not sitting right there beside you posting on this thread right?

I'm sure he doesn't even know you posted his **** here.

And on a side note, what kind of response did you think you would solicit? It's not like any of us here are stinky mouth doctors.

I'm beginning to think the smell is your upper lip. Try waxing it, maybe some McDonalds got stuck in the hair and rotted.

Some of us actually are doctors and can help with suggestions.

I kind of wish I could see how life turns out for you in say 20 years when your youth is slipping.

Well, I'm sure there are doctors who post here. That wasn't my point, and don't take what I say so literally.

The point is, this isn't a forum dedicated to oral issues ... and you should never take someone's advice online regarding a medical issue even IF they claim they're doctors. Because anyone can say they're an MD ... I'm a doctor! (see, I just did it).

What do my looks have to do with anything? I'm sure I will age gracefully like all the other women in my family, supported by people who love me, and pursuing life goals that feed my soul. It's really immature and shallow to call out someone's appearance just for the hell of it. I had no beef with you, I guess you just needed your daily ego boost. I'll take one for the team, after all I have an over abundance of confidence so go ahead and get off on trying to tear me down.

Where will you be in 20 years? Probably still on MFP, going over your calorie budget.

You should write a book! The contradictions in that post would leave M. Night Shyamalan confused.

:drinker: there's no bow down smiley, so I will send you this one!
  • Foodorlife
    He should go to the doctor if his breath is that bad and he has been wearing a mask at work and no one else has this issue. Could be a totally unrelated health problem.

I'm starting to think so too.
  • SumoH
    SumoH Posts: 23 Member
    There is a difference between a face mask and a respirator. Your problem may only be a nasty smell now, but if left unprotected could = brain damage later.

Choose your level of risk. I'd rather be safe and smart, then homeless and brain damaged in 5 years.
  • Foodorlife
    There is a difference between a face mask and a respirator. Your problem may only be a nasty smell now, but if left unprotected could = brain damage later.

Choose your level of risk. I'd rather be safe and smart, then homeless and brain damaged in 5 years.

It's not up to me unfortunately , he wouldn't listen if I told him to leave his job.
This discussion has been closed.