Bananas...

Options

Replies

• GBPack93
    Options
    1-2 per day. Good tasting, healthy, goes great with PB or oatmeal or anything for breakfast.
  • notworthstalking
    notworthstalking Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    I love them. I have gone through stages of being fussy with them. At some times of the year they taste nicer. The only time nowadays I won't eat them is if they are expensive . Then I let my kids eat them first. They are a good source of carbs for work.
  • celtbell3
    celtbell3 Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    Daily !
  • crevices
    crevices Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    yes, almost everyday if it fits into my cals
  • tempehforever
    tempehforever Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    I love bananas, but I don't eat them daily. I get most of my produce from a local CSA share, and bananas...don't typically grow in the Mid-Atlantic. :) I buy some maybe once or twice a month--more in the winter, once I start getting sick of apples.
  • RunBrew
    RunBrew Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    I really dislike bananas. They "feel warm" when I eat them. I can't explain it.

That's an allergic reaction. Bananas have a certain protein that some people don't tolerate well. That protein also exists in latex, avocados, some plums, and a few other tropical fruits. You probably shouldn't eat them. Many allergies get worse with more exposure.
  • Bobbie8786
    Bobbie8786 Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    The flavor is fine, the texture not so much.
  • ChrisM32205
    ChrisM32205 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    I usually have 1 or 2 a day.
  • kayla_who
    kayla_who Posts: 540 Member
    Options
  • afiallo
    afiallo Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I eat bananas about 4 times a week.

A. for the potassium
    B. my favorite snack-but they pack too many calories:happy:
  • Vintage_Girlie
    Options
    Love Bananas! Just a few times a week. Read you should eat them early in the day so your body can process them. Eat them before bed and they sit in your gut and rot.
  • karen_golfs
    karen_golfs Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    I eat a banana every day as well as an apple. I always fit both into my macros.
  • aliceclutz90
    aliceclutz90 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I have them pre workout as I find them to be a fantastic and delicious energy boost! Also its great if you're working out before breakfast. I do have other pre workout snacks though so I don't get bored but bananas are a favourite of mine :)
  • LolaDeeDaisy23
    LolaDeeDaisy23 Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    I love bananas when it's combined with something, like oatmeal or in a sandwich or smoothie.
    But for some reason I can't eat bananas plain. My stomach starts hurting & it just sucks :(
  • jazi719
    jazi719 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    It's good to know that many of you eat them daily. I love bananas and eat 1 nearly every single day. I notice the high sugar content when adding it to MFP but I also know the nutrition value and how good they are for you.
  • rainbow198
    rainbow198 Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    I eat one ripe banana just about single everyday first thing in the morning. I need the potassium and I like the way it taste. I'll either have one with peanut butter, throw it in my protein fruit smoothie or I'll have a little with some non-baked protein cookies I keep in my freezer.
  • Mandy165
    Mandy165 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Almost every morning as a mid-morning snack. I carve out the middle to make a little canoe and fill with peanut butter. Very filling! :tongue:
  • clarebailey355
    clarebailey355 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    No - I have something verging on an irrational fear of them, just the thought of them makes my finger tips itch.
    I really wish I did like them, I'm always struggling to find smoothie recipes that don't contain them,
  • patols1
    patols1 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    it
  • prettygirlstorm1
    prettygirlstorm1 Posts: 722 Member
    Options
    Yep eat one everyday with breakfast! Love them!!!