why do guys..

Options

Replies

• HikerRR50
    HikerRR50 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Get on the treadmill, stair master or elliptical rite next to me? 10 in a row with no one on them and you have to go rite next to me.. I'm not sure I understand what they are trying to do, but I like my "alone" time at the gym. They don't talk to me or anything.. they just do their cardio rite beside me. Do they do it on purpose or is this a subconscious move at 5 am? Either way, It's strange to me..

at least they aren't right behind ya leering and drooling? prolly more of an introvert/extrovert thing
  • msf74
    msf74 Posts: 3,498 Member
    Options
    Because human being like moving in herds as an evolutionary instinct as it brings safety?

This happens to me routinely - both men and women.
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    I'd let a few loud rippers go if it bothers you make sure to load up on broccoli, eggs, and cabbage the night before.

thats the thing that bothers me... One guy **** himself the other day running next to me and my sis...

LOL! NOOOOOOOOOOO
  • MuscleAndMascara
    MuscleAndMascara Posts: 1,259 Member
    Options
    I guess I should of names this Topic "why do guys have to get next to me in the cardio area and poop themselves".... I did word this kinda bad... :(
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    Because human being like moving in herds as an evolutionary instinct as it brings safety?

yeah they do damn herd animals
  • MuscleAndMascara
    Options

I do think this is what it is.. just doing what's instinct.
  • vtmoon
    vtmoon Posts: 3,436 Member
    Options
    Men are pack animals and he clearly sees you as the Alpha male

:laugh:

Human nature is to be in groups.

But it is possible they are trying to race you but you didn't realize it.

Maybe they like the way the sweat drops down your arms.

Possibly they were trying to get you to put a good word in with your sister but never developed the courage.
  • mustgetmuscles1
    mustgetmuscles1 Posts: 3,346 Member
    Options
    can-i-have-your-number-o.gif
  • Mr_Excitement
    Mr_Excitement Posts: 833 Member
    Options
    Because love?

shrug-house.gif
  • HawtinPhoenix
    HawtinPhoenix Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Because they want to jump your bones.
  • MuscleAndMascara
    Options
    Lol ok good to know.
  • phostose
    Options
    Nobody wants to workout alone.
  • EatClean_WashUrNuts
    EatClean_WashUrNuts Posts: 1,590 Member
    Options
    It's the eyes.
  • SrJoben
    SrJoben Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    Get on the treadmill, stair master or elliptical rite next to me? 10 in a row with no one on them and you have to go rite next to me.. I'm not sure I understand what they are trying to do, but I like my "alone" time at the gym. They don't talk to me or anything.. they just do their cardio rite beside me. Do they do it on purpose or is this a subconscious move at 5 am? Either way, It's strange to me..

Look there are two basic options to all versions of this question. I suspect both are often true. Flip a coin.

(a) Maybe the men have no goal and it's not a conscious behavior; maybe you're over thinking it. Women are taught to be wary of men and this probably generates false positives from time to time. It's entirely possible that their choice of machine is significant only to you.

(b) Maybe they're interested in you, even if just casually. In the way you pick the seat with a view out the window rather than the one that has you staring at a blank wall. They might figure a machine near a young female is marginally better than one not near a young female, even if they have no real intentions. Or of course they may be actively hoping to strike up a conversation or something.
  • MityMax96
    MityMax96 Posts: 5,778 Member
    Options
    would it be better if they got behind you and stared at your butt?
  • lisalsd1
    lisalsd1 Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options
    YES! It's true. Men do this all of the time. I mentioned it to my husband, and he said he intentionally avoids getting on treadmills next to women, b/c he doesn't want the women to think he is hitting on them. He is married, that's why he avoids being right next to other women.

I told him to start watching the cardio deck and see if he noticed that other men ALWAYS pick a treadmill next to a woman. After a few days, he said it happens ALL of the time. His guess was that more than half of the men he watched did this.

I honestly think they are doing it subconsciously.
  • MuscleAndMascara
    Options
    YES! It's true. Men do this all of the time. I mentioned it to my husband, and he said he intentionally avoids getting on treadmills next to women, b/c he doesn't want the women to think he is hitting on them. He is married, that's why he avoids being right next to other women.

I told him to start watching the cardio deck and see if he noticed that other men ALWAYS pick a treadmill next to a woman. After a few days, he said it happens ALL of the time. His guess was that more than half of the men he watched did this.

I honestly think they are doing it subconsciously.
    [/quot

See I knew it!
  • JustAboutDelicious_wechanged
    Options
    I'm thinking for something like this
    echtemaumlnnerkumpel.gif
  • cmcollins001
    cmcollins001 Posts: 3,472 Member
    Options
    hF0D54584
  • Edwin_S
    Edwin_S Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    Maybe you were between him and the TV and he forgot his glasses so he had to be close to see?