Just started HIIT...and I suck really bad :(

Options
2»

Replies

• Kevalicious99
    Kevalicious99 Posts: 1,131 Member
    Options
    Did anyone else suck like me??

We all start somewhere. For me it was going to the gym about 10 weeks ago and I haven't looked back. I have found that I have improved a lot so .. don't worry just stick to it and you will be just fine.

Good luck on your fitness goals.
  • GlutesthatSalute
    GlutesthatSalute Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    You are doing it right! Tabata and HIIT are supposed to be soul crushingly hard! As your condition improves you should just be able to do more, but you should STILL feel like you are about to keel over every time. The very essence of them is that you stress your cardio system and completely deplete your glycogen reserves in an oxygen starved environment. (You did feel oxygen starved, right?)

Although I am sure many others have good information you don't need to read any further from this post!!! RIGHT ON POINT..
  • msf74
    msf74 Posts: 3,498 Member
    Options
    better endurance, lose some last bit of body fat on my lower abs.

Thanks everyone and I liked that adventure time pic quote lol

I don't see what's wrong with doing it on a non lift day though....

You can do it on non lift days - it won't be optimal though. The fitness gains from high intensity work come in the recovery period and allowing your body sufficient time to build it self back up to a level higher than it was previously. You will be compromising this by doing weights one day and HIIT the next.

For your stated goals I think you would be better served doing some moderate intensity cardio but I know that's a bit unfashionable these days...