Anyone else determined to keep going through winter?

Options
Hello,

I'm Charis, I live in the UK and I've been logging since January. I'm 19lb down and looking to lose another 11lb to take me to a healthy weight, then I'm going to re-evaluate my goals!

I have some great friends but my news feed is very quiet at the moment, so I would love to make some new friends who are determined to lose weight even though it's cold outside and the sofa is a lot more inviting than the gym!

It's the season of over-eating and drinking and I need some people to help keep me on track!

If you want someone to support you through winter then add me too, and we can all show off our summer bodies come spring!

Xxx

Replies

• panda_84
    panda_84 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hey Charis!

I'm glad I just read ur post. I have startes back on the C25K - today will be my third day of the program.. and I go running in the park even though its so cold out :)

Was feeling a little demotivated due to a break up (grr at un loyal people!!) But need to stay on top!!

Where in the UK are ya? I'm from London.

Not too active on here but I am going to try and change that.

Hows it going for you? :)
  • clarebailey355
    clarebailey355 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    As much as I love Christmas food (and I do LOVE Christmas food!), I'm determined not to over-indulge and undo all the hard work I've put in this year. I also really want to keep up with my workouts - I exercise at home but it's still hard getting yourself out of bed in the morning when it's cold and dark!
  • BendySpartan
    BendySpartan Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Hey, am not going to lie I will be indulging in some Christmas goodies! But in moderation and yes am determined to stay on track and actually up the exercise!
    Good luck and well done so far!
  • crispsandwich
    crispsandwich Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Hey,

I'm on most days on and off, and would love some friends to share motivation - I am the eternal procrastinator, especially in this cold weather!!
  • charissh
    charissh Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Hello :)

I'm up in chilly Yorkshire! In the countryside near York.

Good luck with your C25K, I did it earlier in the year when I was training for a 10k race, I haven't jogged outside a lot lately but I just got some new winter running clothes so I'll be joining you outside soon! X
  • albertine58
    albertine58 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    I added you! I'm a 24 yr old American grad student; I lost 13 lb in 7 weeks but I got a little derailed and abandoned MFP for the past 3 weeks...but I didn't do too much damage, I started again yesterday and I'm ready to hit my Christmas goal of 20 lbs lost! :D I post a lot, so hopefully we can motivate each other!
  • ravenribbs
    ravenribbs Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    Count me in. Last year I lost 30 pounds, then gained half of it back over winter due to inactivity and letting the diet slide. SO, about a month ago I joined a local gym ($10/month!) and therefore have eliminated my winter excuse of too cold, too snowy, too whatever. I want that regained weight gone, plus the other 40# that didn't come off. Feel free to add me to your friends. Best of success in your endeavor.
  • charissh
    charissh Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all your replies!

Lovely to hear from you all, friend requests added :)

If anyone has any good ideas for not over-eating during the xmas season I'd love to know them! x
  • discoveredamber
    discoveredamber Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    I am definitely going to keep going. Ran in 20 degree weather last week. :-). I always have to work on thanksgiving and christmas so I never get a chance to over eat.
  • crispsandwich
    crispsandwich Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Woo for Yorkshire girls!!!!
  • Sylvitryinghard
    Sylvitryinghard Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    from germany and in the same boat :)
  • khoshgeleh16
    khoshgeleh16 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Absolutely! I just went for a run (in a frosty, muddy meadow) and actually quite enjoyed it. I figure if I start with the running in the dead of winter, before the new year, then it will already be a habit when its time to make resolutions!
  • delonda1
    delonda1 Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    Im so not trying to gain weight this winter! my goal is to actually lose 10lbs this winter. Im allowing myself one day a week or every 2weeks to party and drink and then on my birthday to eat like a fat *kitten* Jan. 9th
  • sophiauoa
    Options
    Hi Charis!
    I also plan to track everything I eat. I am going to allow myself a few Christmas treats here and there, but for sure in moderation!
  • darrensurrey
    darrensurrey Posts: 3,942 Member
    Options
    I mainly train indoors but hope to still play some tennis if the court is dry.

I don't see the problem with eating a lot during the Christmas season. It's not like you eat every single day in December. You may have 3-4 parties plus Christmas Day which won't set you back much if you've been diligent through the year.
  • IronPhyllida
    IronPhyllida Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    Have just sent you an invite - happy to have more people who are keen to keep up their regime over the winter months... Being marginally less strict on myself with exercise but more strict on food...

January will be even stricter to shed whatever might creap onto my hips over the Xmas period.

Always welcome active and honest (not necessarily rude) friends - the favour will be returned with a splash of sarcasm...
  • SacrificeSufferSalvation
    Options
    I could definitely use a support group. I just got done brewing a batch of beer for Christmas and all the good eats at Christmas. I dont mind the cold though, I went for a walk last night for about 25 min.
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,629 Member
    Options
    You bet I'm going to keep it up through Winter! I really need to get this weight off. I'm in the midst of discovering I may have an issue why it's been hard to lose despite my efforts, so it's even more important not to backslide on the 25 or so pounds I've lost. I'd lost 30 since I saw my doctor last and it's made a difference in my health- the reason I'm desperate to get this weight off. I also deal with chronic pain which makes moving around tougher and my diet even more important during Winter with the storms and cold.

Best of luck, everyone! We CAN do this! :)
  • SuMcP
    SuMcP Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    I sure am! I've been going since January 2012 and am in the maintenance zone. Now training for a half marathon in March, I'm out running four times a week even in the freezing cold. Ping me a friend request if you want to connect. :flowerforyou:
  • janetay01
    janetay01 Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    Hi Charis,

Sussex here, 10 miles north of Brighton. I'm determined to keep going through the winter - whether that be through indoor or outdoor workouts and sensible eating. My Christmas plan? To enjoy in moderation - this is our first christmas just the two of us in our new home so planning to enjoy - and probably won't log on Christmas day - but you know what, as someone earlier said, if we are good the rest of the time Christmas won't derail us! Sent you a friend request - Jane