5 ingrediants or less/crockpot

Options
fitmek
fitmek Posts: 277 Member
Does anyone have some really great crock pot meals that require 5 ingrediants or less? I'm just starting to use our crockpot during the week and i need to start at the beginner level hehe. If it was kid friendly, that would also be a plus! :)

Replies

• auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options
    Haven't tried it yet (in the crock pot now), but I'm serving pulled pork tonight. I used pork loin (it was on sale, I was going to buy just pork butt/shoulder) and threw that in with beer (2 bottles since it was 5.8lbs of pork), cayanne, cumin, chili powder, and a tablespoon of brown sugar. I'm cooking that on low all day, and tonight I'll drain most of the liquid and add a bottle of BBQ sauce.
  • bekahlou75
    bekahlou75 Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    I've used the site below for a few recipes. They are all pretty simple and good.

http://www.skinnytaste.com/search/label/Crock Pot Recipes
  • 2bassets
    2bassets Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    Haven't tried it yet (in the crock pot now), but I'm serving pulled pork tonight. I used pork loin (it was on sale, I was going to buy just pork butt/shoulder) and threw that in with beer (2 bottles since it was 5.8lbs of pork), cayanne, cumin, chili powder, and a tablespoon of brown sugar. I'm cooking that on low all day, and tonight I'll drain most of the liquid and add a bottle of BBQ sauce.

How was it? I'm thinking of trying this recipe.
  • bloominheck
    bloominheck Posts: 869 Member
    Options

How was it? I'm thinking of trying this recipe.

Sounds yummy~
  • atb0821
    atb0821 Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    I'm making chicken curry tonight and it's SO GOOD.

2-3 pounds chicken breast or thighs
    1 diced onion
    16 oz salsa or picante sauce
    2 tbs curry
    Cook on low 8 hours, add 1 cup sour cream 30 minutes before it's done.
  • M00NPYE
    M00NPYE Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    in for recipes!
  • kr1stadee
    kr1stadee Posts: 1,774 Member
    Options
    Start easy.
    Scrub potatoes, chop into chunks, peel other root veggies, chop into chunks. Throw into bottom of crock pot. Season meat, throw on top of veggies. Add a little bit of stock or water, cook!

Everything may end up tasting the same but it's done and it's beginner! hahaha
  • blgerig
    blgerig Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    I often do "taco chicken" - just chicken thighs and/or breasts, a can of tomatos, a can of chiles, some chili powder or other spices and whatever veggies and or beans sound good. Let it cook on low for 8+ hours, shred with two forks and eat in tacos, with rice, with veggies or by itself!
  • tpaceltsfan
    tpaceltsfan Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Pork butt (shoulder) - you can sub a loin but you lose the moisture because of less fat
    1 bottle Mojo sauce (I use Badilla)
    Cook on low for 8 - 10 hours or on high for 6
    You will now it is finished when it falls apart.
    Serve with brown rice, pasta, as taco filling or alone with veggies!

SO GOOD!
  • nehtaeh
    nehtaeh Posts: 2,977 Member
    Options
    I made taco soup yesterday.
    3 cans of beans (whatever you like, I used 2 pinto and 1 black bean)
    2 cans of rotel
    1 can of corn
    1 lb ground beef
    1 packet of taco seasoning
    water to desired consistency

I am also planning to make some chicken chili
    3 cans of white beans
    2 chicken breast
    cumin
    1 jar of salsa
    water or chicken broth - as much as you want
  • AshleyNicole1211
    Options
    Teriyaki Chicken

4-5 boneless, skinless Chicken breasts
    1 cup pineapple juice
    1/3 cup soy sauce
    1/2 cup brown sugar
    2 cloves garlic, minced

Put chicken into slow cooker. 
    Mix all remaining ingredients together and pour over chicken. 
    Cook on low for 6 - 8 hours or high for 3 - 4 hours.
    I like to add pineapple chunks during the last hour or so. If you'd like to thicken up your sauce mix 1 tablespoon cornstarch with a little bit of soy sauce or pineapple juice until dissolved. Remove chicken from slow cooker, turn temp. to high, if it's not already, and stir mixture into sauce. Cover and let simmer about 10 minutes. Add chicken back to crock and mix to coat. Serve over brown rice.

Chicken and Rice (It's not exactly healthy though)

2-4 chicken breasts (fresh or frozen)
    1 can cream of chicken soup
    1 block of cream cheese (cubed)
    1 packet of Italian Dressing (Good Seasons brand)
    1-2 cloves garlic (optional)

Cook on low for 4-6 hours (closer to 4, if fresh and 5 if frozen), or on high for about 3 hours (fresh). I add a bag of frozen corn during the last hour. Serve over brown rice or egg noodles. I've found it best to add the cream cheese and soup before everything else and let it soften a bit (to the point where you can stir it) before adding the rest of the ingredients, but it's not necessary. If it seems thicker than you'd like, you can add a couple tablespoons of sour cream in the last hour or so.
  • nehtaeh
    nehtaeh Posts: 2,977 Member
    Options
    I'm making chicken curry tonight and it's SO GOOD.

2-3 pounds chicken breast or thighs
    1 diced onion
    16 oz salsa or picante sauce
    2 tbs curry
    Cook on low 8 hours, add 1 cup sour cream 30 minutes before it's done.

Thanks. I'm going to have to try this!
  • lindsaylove07
    lindsaylove07 Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    Pintrest has SO many!!! I have done the 12 meals in one day thing. Where you make/prefreeze 12 meals (you do all the prep in one day) and just take em out and plop em in the crock pot. I have had some DELICIOUS ones (bacon wrapped rosemary chicken anyone?!) and some not so good ones.
  • sullus
    sullus Posts: 2,839 Member
    Options
    Easiest thing I do in the crock pot is .. 3 chicken breasts. 1 Jar Hot Salsa.

Cook low +/-8 hours or high +/-6 hours

Shred the chicken, and mix with the cooking liquid.

This is great for tacos, nachos, burritos ..

I recommend HOT salsa, as most of the spice cooks out. Medium Salsa will leave this rather flavorless ...
  • kr1stadee
    kr1stadee Posts: 1,774 Member
    Options
    I've made shredded beef too. 2 ingredients in the crock pot.

Roast beef and a can of cola.

Cook for 4 hours (I find any longer the meat was overdone)

Take the beef out, put on a plate to shred with 2 forks (this took the longest). Take the remaining pop/drippings from the crock pot, put them in a bowl. Add the shredded beef back into the crock pot. Mix in 3/4 of a bottle of Diana BBQ sauce. Thin out with a little of the reserved drippings. Mix well.

Serve on kaiser rolls with whatever toppings you'd like!
  • FizikallyFit
    FizikallyFit Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    for the recipes!
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,793 Member
    Options
    Taco Soup

2 Cans Reduced Sodium Chicken Broth
    2 Cups Corn
    2 Cups Diced Tomatoes
    2 Cups Black Beans
    2 lbs Cooked Meat (I like Turkey) Seasoned with 1 packet Taco Seasoning.

Throw it in the Crockpot.

I usually make this when I have some leftovers I don't want to waste. That is the BASIC recipe. You can add whatever you like to season it to your taste. (Peppers, Onions, Cilantro)
  • m_wilh
    m_wilh Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    BUMP
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    This site has recipes in many of the categories you are looking for: 5 or Less, Healthy, Kid Friendly. Not sure how many overlap in all three of those though!!!

http://www.crockingirls.com/recipes/

My 2 and 4 year old boys aren't the most adventurous eaters but they have liked the meatball sandwiches (basically a bag of frozen meatballs (can use turkey), a jar of spaghetti sauce, and some italian seasoning. Cook on low for 4 hours or so (everything is already cooked) and then serve on hoagie rolls with provolone or mozzerella cheese.

Italian Beef Sandwiches
    A whole beef chuck roast
    1 bottle of beer
    1 jar of pepperoncini peppers (whole)
    1 packet of Good Seasons italian dressing (dry).
    Cook on low for 8+ hours, shred the meat, put back in the juices till ready to serve. Serve on hoagie rolls with provolone and giardenera (optional).

Creamy Italian Chicken:
    4 or so chicken breasts (can be put in frozen)
    1 brick of cream cheese (cubed)
    1 can of cream of chicken soup
    1 packet of dry Good Seasons Italian Dressing
    Put everything in and cook on low for about 6 hours. You can add some vegetables too. Serve over egg noodles or rice.
    Chicken dries out really easily in crockpot so not a great one if you are at work all day.

The salsa chicken one that others have mentioned is also good and I use that for enchilada filling or tortilla soup.
  • allymacary
    allymacary Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    This recipe is so easy, you could do it with your eyes closed! The London Broil get fork tender and the sauce is amazing!

London Broil
    Package of Onion Soup Mix
    Can of Tomato Soup
    Can of Cream of Mushroom Soup

Combine all the ingredents in the crockpot and set on low for 8-10 hours. I like to serve it with mashed potatoes or egg noodles.