5'4-5'6 people!:D

Options
13»

Replies

• maasha81
    maasha81 Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    5'4" - currently at 116 with a goal weight of 112. I use TDEE approach and log my cals daily. I also aim to workout 5x a week ...doing insanity right now.
  • dunnodunno
    dunnodunno Posts: 2,290 Member
    Options
    I am 5'5 and weigh 175.5 my goal as of now is 150, but the lowest I'll go is 140.
  • Edensienna
    Edensienna Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'6

Starting weight was 138. It's taken 3 months to slowly reduce to 126 today.

I'm on 1280 calories per day. I eat pretty much every food type I like but smaller portions.

Before having children I was 118 and would like to achieve that in a few months time.
  • misha4848
    Options
    I'm 5'4" and 155 lbs, however when I created my profile I selected sedentary as I have a desk job, and that only gave me 1200 cals a day, which I find impossible to stick to even when I eat mostly lean proteins and limit my sugar.
    It tells me it will take me months to reach my 125lb goal, so I'm not sure what calorie count I should be sticking with
    . I run a few times a week, burning between 200-300 cals, and play hockey 2-3 times a week.

Can anyone offer insight as to what calorie count I should be going by to lose about 1-2 lbs a week?
  • skylerwebb14
    Options
    im 5'6" 235 but I think my goal weight is going to be a little higher considering I am a male haha although I am curious as well for more males opinons on this topic as well
  • mariehowell2
    mariehowell2 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'6 and am 130 today and my current goal is 120. I've started working out a few times a week, my goal is 4 times/week for about an hour. I've been eating about 1080 calls a day. I'm realizing(?) that is too low. Its also hard to gauge my activity level because it changes a lot from day to day.

Edensienna: Do you eat 1280 cal a day, or net that?
  • D8vidFitness
    Options
    I'm 5'8 and currently weighting in at 150lb-ish

but I've been in the 135lb area to compete in particular sports

I lost tons of weights by doing workouts that kept my core hot and provided afterburn effect. OH..and drank lots of water..other than that, I was still pigging out..foods like fries and burgers..but that's just me.
  • hopperem
    hopperem Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    I'm 5,6" and want to be 140lbs. Currently running three times a week, yoga and sometimes add in work out routine. Have found eating low carbs is helping shift weight.
  • bellevie86
    bellevie86 Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'6" and 170 pds. SW was 202. First goal is 160.....but really I don't want to go any lower for a couple reasons. I'm the type who is always going to have to work to stay in a range I want, realistically I don't think I would be able to maintain any less. Second of all I LOVE my boobs, I've already lost some and prefer not to have them disappear (my bf also feels this way). I just wanna be at a point where I can sit comfortably, be in my healthy BMI range, AND feel good about myself. Kudos to those who wanna be 120 pds but the last time I was 120 I was 12 and I was scrawny!!! Looks as though I'm the only one NOT wanting to be under 140! To each their own though!
  • ajluard
    Options
    I had the same problem I have Pcos and Hoshimotos. I have found that drinking water infused with apple and cinnamon sticks help with sugar levels (pcos). You can only drink the water for 3 weeks and then off for 2 but it helps shock your metabolism. I am 5'5 and started out at 250 on August and as of today I have lost 54 pounds
  • Ejourneys
    Ejourneys Posts: 1,603 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'5", 55 years old, currently 152 with a goal of 150.
    My body fat percentage is 27.6%, which is "ideal" for a woman my age (Source: http://www.accumeasurefitness.com/images/chart-lg.jpg). I exercise six days a week on average.
    Staple foods include but are not limited to:
    Protein: tuna, canned chicken, peanuts, Greek yogurt, cheddar
    Fresh produce: lettuce, bananas, grapes, onions, potatoes, cabbage
    Canned produce: crushed tomatoes, pineapple packed in juice, garbanzos
    Frozen vegetables: broccoli, Brussels sprouts, green beans
    Carbs: crispbread, Manna bread
    Fats: olive oil
    Condiments: vinegar, hot sauce
    Beverages: water, black coffee, tea, low-sodium V8
    (Some of these cross categories.)
    Mainly, I've cut out most processed foods. I also make my own salad dressing.
  • ohellotheresa
    Options
    I'm 5'4 and have been at about 98 pounds for a year. most of my staples are similar to others on here but I use a lot of coconut oil, I work out a lot.
  • ohellotheresa
    Options
    mostly low impact weight/cardio like yoga
  • Rai007
    Rai007 Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    5'4 aiming for 120 now 169 lbs eating 1300 with anything to eat.
  • TheRottenRabbit
    Options
    There is nothing for 5'3 people :(
  • Maisylouise2
    Maisylouise2 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'4.5" and am happily staying at 150lb. I'm a 49 year old size 8 and that is ok with me! We follow a heart healthy diet, here. Low cholesterol and low salt. This is going to sound terrible - but I lost 34 with minimal exercise- as I had surgery and was recovering for quite a while. But now that I'm at my goal I'm back to being very active and hitting the gym as much as I can.
  • crixt
    crixt Posts: 4
    Options
    I'm 5' 4" and currently around 123 lbs. I would like to be 105 lbs. I started at 136 lbs, lost a few pounds on my own, and started using MFP when I was 132 lbs. I've decreased my portion sizes and rice intake dramatically; that's basically it. I don't have much time to exercise (being an art student does that), but I've been controlling my calorie intake to around 1200 - 1400 daily. It's been super slow business though :/
  • Amym26
    Amym26 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I am 5 foot 3 and half (so I round up to 5 foot 4) and I weighed in at 126 this morning. I eat around 1900 to 2300 calories a day. I also work out 6 days a week as well lifting and doing cardio and tabata.

I typically eat the following:
    chicken
    sweet potatoes
    brown rice
    ground turkey (93% 7%)
    dark chocolate
    protein shakes
    egg whites
    peanut butter
    sprouted bread
    spinach
    cheese