Replies

• lindsaylove07
    lindsaylove07 Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    PINTREST
  • amwoidyla
    amwoidyla Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    I don't know how fancy you're thinking, but a basic shift dress or the "fit and flare" that's trendy right now would be very appropriate (higher necklines and just above the knee) I buy a lot of my dresses at Target. They're like $29.99 full price.
    I usually wear something like that to work dinners/parties and feel more dressed up than half the people there.
    You can always dress it up with accessories you already have!
  • MysteriousMerlin
    MysteriousMerlin Posts: 2,270 Member
    Options
    31e929b81a1885a9afad08782e71d269.png

I'd make this an everyday dress! :love: I'd look so pretty raking the leaves and washing dishes.
  • mommabenefield
    mommabenefield Posts: 1,329 Member
    Options
    I reckon this would go down well.

7kmqbWe.jpg

Although I don't get invited to many parties any more.. :grumble:
    You're not a lady, Ash! -shoves Ash out-
    Away with you!

he might be confused? or transitioning and needing help ? :laugh: :laugh:
    Lol, oh trust me.. Confused, he is not.
    He's just a meanie pants hehe :P Or.. He can be Spongebob pants hahhh

I'm neither mean or confused. I just like girlie chat.. So, when are we painting our fingernails and talking about boys??

wtf.gif

when-girls-have-sleepovers.jpg
  • mommabenefield
    Options
    www.thredup.com

Check them out! See if they have any dresses or what not in your size. This site is a serious money saver if you continue to lose weight, but don't have a crap ton of money to spend on new clothes every few months. :drinker:

That is a great website! thanks
  • mommabenefield
    Options
    Really love this dress....

149025589b62b538f1c409798a17d512.png

Love this dress!! but the girls would not behave :blushing:
  • ThePlight
    ThePlight Posts: 3,593 Member
    Options
    Really love this dress....

149025589b62b538f1c409798a17d512.png

Love this dress!! but the girls would not behave :blushing:

You can always wear a sheer top on top :)
  • LankyYankee
    LankyYankee Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    You can never go wrong with the LBD, and they're available in SO many cuts and styles you're sure to find something you like. May I suggest though if you want to turn up the sexy, a lace or sheer back? Something like this:

http://www.lulus.com/images/product/medium/103818.jpg

I won one very similar and get a lot of compliments on it on the rare occasions I have to wear it
  • bizco
    bizco Posts: 1,949 Member
    Options
    I just read this story in the newspaper yesterday. In larger cities there are boutiques that rent dresses for special occasions. So very budget-minded. The store employees can help you choose one that's appropriate for your party.
  • lsorci919
    lsorci919 Posts: 772 Member
    Options
    89534dd49b689a72d5c924444596840a.jpg

563ae535d8146dba908fe923a5b86177.jpg

Check out pinterest for out fit ideas :)
  • walleyclan1
    walleyclan1 Posts: 2,784 Member
    Options
    I second the little black dress idea. I have one in my profile pics, was 30 bucks.
  • iamanadult
    iamanadult Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    Is it formal? Semi formal?

The dresses on the first page are a little too much for a work party IMO. I would opt for something a little more casual..

dress.png

dress_M.png

dress3.png
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,741 Member
    Options

The dresses on the first page are a little too much for a work party IMO. I would opt for something a little more casual..

dress.png

dress_M.png

dress3.png

I really like #2 if you have nice arms (I don't)! hehe

I also like the Stylish Eve link someone posted, with the white pants. You could easily do a winter white/blazer look with stuff from Ross or TJ Maxx/Marshalls, finding your own budget friendly version of outfits on sites like Polyvore and such. It is amazing what you can do for little money.

I'm not claiming to be some great fashionista but seriously, I'm at work in Payless boots, a dress from the Macy's clearance for $9, $6 chevron scarf from Amazon and a thrift store cardigan and getting compliments. It is possible :-)
  • SugarBaby71
    SugarBaby71 Posts: 3,630 Member
    Options
    I bought the one I'm wearing for a night out and totally loved it. not low not too short. one shoulder allowed me to wear a one strap bra. I bought it at Le Chateau (Canada) but I'm sure you can find something like it wherever. Actually I saw one sort of similar at Wal-Mart the other night. Good Luck with dress hunting. Have a fun night out!
  • Wifey7891
    Options
    skirt/dress, tights, knee high boots, and scarf with top. mix and match, basically anything goes. you will look hot and be comfortable (always an important factor in my book). the boots will be the most expensive part of the outfit, but definitely worth the investment!

check out some ideas here:

https://www.pinterest.com/mochafrapp/how-to-combine-skirts-tights-and-boots/
  • sbbhbm
    sbbhbm Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options
    I reckon this would go down well.

7kmqbWe.jpg

Although I don't get invited to many parties any more.. :grumble:
    You're not a lady, Ash! -shoves Ash out-
    Away with you!

he might be confused? or transitioning and needing help ? :laugh: :laugh:
    Lol, oh trust me.. Confused, he is not.
    He's just a meanie pants hehe :P Or.. He can be Spongebob pants hahhh

I'm neither mean or confused. I just like girlie chat.. So, when are we painting our fingernails and talking about boys??

wtf.gif

This is why you're my gay best friend :laugh:
  • mommabenefield
    Options
    Thank you for ALL the ideas ladies!! I'm really loving the LBD with a white jacket idea .... BUT keeping my options open cause black is my constant go to color, so considering widening my comfort zone
  • mommabenefield
    Options
    LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE the second two dresses!! but i dont have a strapless bra or know where to get one that would ACTUALLY work lol

dress.png

dress_M.png

dress3.png
  • mommabenefield
    Options
    I'm super obssessed with grey colored boots right now, I'd love to put an outfit together for those
  • Hauntinglyfit
    Hauntinglyfit Posts: 5,537 Member
    Options
    tumblr_inline_mqh75dxqix1qz4rgp.gif