Tired of Being Tired

Options
2»

Replies

• PDReader
    PDReader Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    You know, a pound a week isn't bad. It really, really isn't. It took a long time to get this way and it's going to take a long time to reverse. If you are losing more than 2 lbs a week you are probably doing something that isn't healthy and isn't sustainable.
  • smokeytex74
    Options
    Thank you all so much for the words of encouragement.. we will get there.
  • billsica
    billsica Posts: 4,741 Member
    Options
    Awesome on your weight loss.

As a father or 2 small children. I'm always tired too. Always I want to sleep and just curl up.

You have to buck up and be stronger than that for your kid. No real easy answer.

Jogging stroller... I love mine.
    Start training for something. maybe a 5k race. That's what I did. Then just imagine that you want to be around for your children when you are older, set a good example.
    Then nothing can make you stop, become a juggernaut.

juggernaut-movie-hc.gif
  • _HeartsOnFire_
    _HeartsOnFire_ Posts: 5,304 Member
    Options
    Good luck...You GOT this!!!

Remember it wasn't put on overnight and it won't come off that fast. You are doing a great job!!!

Other tips...moderation not deprivation. Don't put a time line. Realize it's a lifestyle change and not a diet (which is what it sounds like you've already done)...

You are awesome, you are worth this and you CAN do this!!!
  • MonaRaeHill
    MonaRaeHill Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    I also recommend getting at least a blood check (serum, platelets, thyroid, etc. etc.) If you don't have insurance, any clinic can do a simple plasma/cbc count. :)

I was tired the WHOLE time my kids were growing up and only realized I had Hepatitis C, (in 2001) when I FINALLY got insurance, and western Med had finally got a test to check it. (They could not determine this prior to the mid 90's.)

I was also slightly anemic, which I cannot do anything about, at this point (iron supplements can make you very constipated, so just be aware). I no longer take iron supplement, because of the abdominal surgical mess-up, but I also DID notice a very big difference in energy levels, when I could still take it. I recommend the liquid version (Floradix). It's expensive, but does go on sale, every once and awhile. It is also mixed with vitamin C (for absorption) and I still take it occasionally, (a couple of times a week) but only because what I've got, needs to be used up. :)

Good luck and keep the faith!
  • deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Options
    8 pounds in 7 weeks is awesome!! Keep it up! Logging food was a real eye opener to me. When I joined I thought I was not eating very much. What I discovered was, I was not eating very much in volume of food, but the things I was eating were high in calories. It's a great tool.
  • smokeytex74
    Options
    Thanks all..