IT IS SO HARD TO COUNTER CALORIES...

Options

Replies

• sullus
    sullus Posts: 2,839 Member
    Options
    Block or parry and then follow through with your elbow and go on the offensive, pressing them hard while they are off balance.

Better Strategy than Daffy Duck's "Guard! Turn! Parry! Dodge! Spin! Ha! Thrust!"
  • p2smommy
    Options
    Counter calories? WTF brain. What a stupid spelling mistake... *wanders off again while quietly mocking self under her breath*

Sounds like somebody needs to binge on chocolate. ;)

<~~~~~~~~~~~~~was thinking the same thing LOL.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    trolling troll is a trollster

Not a troll here. Just a very frustrated clean eater.

Someone on my friends list actually just suggested using the same recipe more than once. That might ACTUALLY make things easier but I don't use recipes. I just make crap up! LOL

your behavior is wildly irrational.

It's not that serious- pick something close and go with it.

Seriously- it's about averages- and no you don't have it "so much harder".. and it's really insulting to a lot of other people's hard work when you say "clean eaters have it so much harder" that just smacks of condescending self righteous martyrdom about doing something.
    1.) you do it to yourself for no other reason than it makes you feel better
    2.) its' not that hard to begin with no matter WHICH way you do it.

stop freaking about about something completely trivial. Get one that's close- and go.
  • Phoenix_Warrior
    Phoenix_Warrior Posts: 1,633 Member
    Options
    I counter calories with a defensive spell. :tongue:
  • suziepoo1984
    suziepoo1984 Posts: 915 Member
    Options
    you actually don't need to count calories if you eat clean.

OMG..seriously..:explode: :explode: :explode:

See clean eating doesn't get bashed...this type of fallacy does...

Get a grip you have to count calories to lose weight.

Wow I guess it is ok to internet bully people around here

Um, yea .... I'm thinking she didn't expect to get hated on so much for this comment. I don't necessarily agree with what she said, but you guys are probably making her feels terrible right now.

Thank you. I really do feel bad, I didn't realize people were so harsh around here. :( what works for me might not work for someone else, we are all different. I think i am safe in saying we are all here for the same reason though. We should be more supportive of each other.

*Hugs* my love. :heart:
  • penrbrown
    penrbrown Posts: 2,685 Member
    Options
    trolling troll is a trollster

Not a troll here. Just a very frustrated clean eater.

Someone on my friends list actually just suggested using the same recipe more than once. That might ACTUALLY make things easier but I don't use recipes. I just make crap up! LOL

your behavior is wildly irrational.

It's not that serious- pick something close and go with it.

Seriously- it's about averages- and no you don't have it "so much harder".. and it's really insulting to a lot of other people's hard work when you say "clean eaters have it so much harder" that just smacks of condescending self righteous martyrdom about doing something.
    1.) you do it to yourself for no other reason than it makes you feel better
    2.) its' not that hard to begin with no matter WHICH way you do it.

stop freaking about about something completely trivial. Get one that's close- and go.

Wow...

I thought it was pretty obvious my statements were deliberately being exaggerated for the purpose of a rant.

Seriously.

Stop being so serious.

You'll get wrinkles!
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options

Wow...

I thought it was pretty obvious my statements were deliberately being exaggerated for the purpose of a rant.

Seriously.

Stop being so serious.

You'll get wrinkles!

well my first thought was it was in tandem with the clean bashing thread.... and then it just kept going

but meh whatever- I'm a work- I'm ALWAYS serious at work (cough cough cough)
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options
    When you search for foods, if you look at the entries without the * those are from the usda database and contain a variety of measurement types (oz, grams, cups, etc). There are even raw and cooked options for meat. So you can log "apple raw" either as a medium apple or as 100grams. You can log chicken breast raw, cooked, boneless, with skin or without...

But I don't eat "clean".
  • Chain_Ring
    Chain_Ring Posts: 753 Member
    Options
    You should lay off the caffeine. Ha ha
  • smelius22
    smelius22 Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    Seems that nobody will allow a simple rant ;)

I know what you mean though, i try to eat foods with tons of fresh ingredients and produce and dont always have a sticker or a recipe thats already in mfp database. for example, when i make a sandwich i usually end up entering every individual ingredient (spinach, pepperjack, type of bread, type of meat, mayo, mustard, whatever that day's sandwich has on it) and it is time consuming lol.

Oooh well, all that typing has to burn a few extra cals right?! :)
  • penrbrown
    Options

Wow...

Seriously.

Stop being so serious.

You'll get wrinkles!

well my first thought was it was in tandem with the clean bashing thread.... and then it just kept going

but meh whatever- I'm a work- I'm ALWAYS serious at work (cough cough cough)

There's a clean bashing thread? I MUST FIND IT SO I CAN BE OFFENDED!
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options

Um, yea .... I'm thinking she didn't expect to get hated on so much for this comment. I don't necessarily agree with what she said, but you guys are probably making her feels terrible right now.

Thank you. I really do feel bad, I didn't realize people were so harsh around here. :( what works for me might not work for someone else, we are all different. I think i am safe in saying we are all here for the same reason though. We should be more supportive of each other.

*Hugs* my love. :heart:

If you really honestly no sarcasm don't count calories and can still lose weight good for you but that being said most can't do that and saying things like that leads to issues for everyone else here who may read what you wrote (even if it is in a sarcastic manner) to believe it or if you are serious think "Yah that's what I will do" and then they end up disappointed and wonder what is wrong with them.

I do not claim to be a clean eater I eat what I want when I want within moderation....I lose weight for one reason and one reason only...counting calories and choosing different foods wont change that.
  • KerryITD
    KerryITD Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    I loved your ranting. :happy:
  • penrbrown
    Options
    Seems that nobody will allow a simple rant ;)

I know what you mean though, i try to eat foods with tons of fresh ingredients and produce and dont always have a sticker or a recipe thats already in mfp database. for example, when i make a sandwich i usually end up entering every individual ingredient (spinach, pepperjack, type of bread, type of meat, mayo, mustard, whatever that day's sandwich has on it) and it is time consuming lol.

Oooh well, all that typing has to burn a few extra cals right?! :)

I knew someone would feel my pain. :)

I've only recently gotten back on the wagon... I was just lamenting all the inputting. And missing the days of pizza pops and cookies... with handy dandy calorie allotments on their packages. *sigh*
  • SoLongAndThanksForAllTheFish
    Options
    So wait a minute, if I eat an apple from a backyard apple tree and I don't wash it, then I have to count the calories?
  • tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Options

Eh, maybe. I can see where someone might not need to, but then again, I'm having a bit of trouble figuring out how those people would get notably overweight to start with.

I mean the logic makes a bit of sense; high volume of low calorie foods leading to decreased overall calorie consumption, but that makes a lot of assumptions about the person in question, like how their appetite works, how well they receive and process fullness signals, etc. So I wouldn't say it's clean eating in and of itself that wold let you just not care about calorie counting and macro tracking, it would be more on the individual themself, who may or may not have the same ability regardless of specific food restrictions/requirements/however you want to phrase it.
    What makes you think all "clean foods" are low calorie? Avocados, bananas, grass feed beef, quinoa, all considered "clean" by most of the 5 million definitions of "clean eating," and all pretty calorie dense.
  • penrbrown
    Options
    So wait a minute, if I eat an apple from a backyard apple tree and I don't wash it, then I have to count the calories?

If you wash it you DO have to count it but if you don't, you're good to go!
  • sullus
    sullus Posts: 2,839 Member
    Options

No no. You don't count the calories if you leave it unwashed.

Once you wash it, it's processed, and unclean. (counterintuitive, I know)

eta: yeah. what the moose said.
  • hddeuce1966
    Options

Please don't use the word BULLY to describe this. Bullying is very serious. Disagreeing with you in a snarky manner is not bullying. Repeated attempts to belittle your character, or physically assaulting is bullying.
  • penrbrown
    Options

No no. You don't count the calories if you leave it unwashed.

Once you wash it, it's processed, and unclean. (counterintuitive, I know)

eta: yeah. what the moose said.

*chews her cud*