IT IS SO HARD TO COUNTER CALORIES...

Options

Replies

• bostonwolf
    bostonwolf Posts: 3,038 Member
    Options
    WHEN YOU'RE EATING CLEAN!

You have to work so much harder. All the calorie numbers aren't neatly on a package. YOU HAVE TO ACTUALLY ENTER YOUR RECIPES!

*throws stuff around* RAWR RAWR RAWRRRRRRR

*huff huff*

But for serious. It's not easy.

Couple of points of advice after struggling with clean eating for years.

1) NEVER guess how much your food is. Always enter your recipe into the recipe maker provided by MFP.

2) Remember how much better you feel when you aren't eating packaged food.

3) Do not binge eat chocolate (unless you want to).

That is all. I'm out. *wanders off to enter more recipes* RAWRIOWEILJSKLFJI

Agreed. I try to make big portions (crockpot of chili) and I use the calorie tracker here to get a pretty good read on total.

Another options is to calculate your TDEE and then just eat 10% less.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options

Wow...

I thought it was pretty obvious my statements were deliberately being exaggerated for the purpose of a rant.

Seriously.

Stop being so serious.

You'll get wrinkles!

well my first thought was it was in tandem with the clean bashing thread.... and then it just kept going

but meh whatever- I'm a work- I'm ALWAYS serious at work (cough cough cough)

There's a clean bashing thread? I MUST FIND IT SO I CAN BE OFFENDED!

it's on thread # 2 already

go go now so you can be offended. Be double offended- there are men in underwear there too. Highly sexist.

You don't have to count calories off other people's plates- but I recommend if you go to someone else' shouse- you spend all the hours typing in THEIR recipe (you have to ball park it with an at home scale and sniff test) to your account so you are as accurate as possible.

I'm just saying.
    Please don't use the word BULLY to describe this. Bullying is very serious. Disagreeing with you in a snarky manner is not bullying. Repeated attempts to belittle your character, or physically assaulting is bullying.

while I kind of agree with you- ... but meh belitting someone's character isn't bullying-it's slander or libel- and unless your in politic- it's irrelevant and it's just someone being a dcik. Most bullying stuff is blown wildly out of proportion- People (in the great big real world) just need to do 2 things.
    1.) stop being ignorant and pretentious that the world owes them anything
    2.) toughen up butter cup.
  • penrbrown
    penrbrown Posts: 2,685 Member
    Options

Wow...

I thought it was pretty obvious my statements were deliberately being exaggerated for the purpose of a rant.

Seriously.

Stop being so serious.

You'll get wrinkles!

well my first thought was it was in tandem with the clean bashing thread.... and then it just kept going

but meh whatever- I'm a work- I'm ALWAYS serious at work (cough cough cough)

There's a clean bashing thread? I MUST FIND IT SO I CAN BE OFFENDED!

it's on thread # 2 already

go go now so you can be offended. Be double offended- there are men in underwear there too. Highly sexist.

You don't have to count calories off other people's plates- but I recommend if you go to someone else' shouse- you spend all the hours typing in THEIR recipe (you have to ball park it with an at home scale and sniff test) to your account so you are as accurate as possible.

I'm just saying.

*horrified look* You are trying to make things harder aren't you? EVIL... kidding.

I found it! That thread is wonderful! *can't see the clean bashing because she's too busy enjoying the underwear*
  • nytrifisoul
    nytrifisoul Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    But are you counting all the calories in the dirt your washing off your food so its clean? Your calorie count could be off.
  • Jennymcwb
    Jennymcwb Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    The alternative would be to do weight watchers where fruits and vegetables are free.

Now I will duck for cover after that comment. Nothing in life is free.....:explode:
  • LishieFruit89
    LishieFruit89 Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    you actually don't need to count calories if you eat clean.

OMG..seriously..:explode: :explode: :explode:

See clean eating doesn't get bashed...this type of fallacy does...

Get a grip you have to count calories to lose weight.

Wow I guess it is ok to internet bully people around here

Um, yea .... I'm thinking she didn't expect to get hated on so much for this comment. I don't necessarily agree with what she said, but you guys are probably making her feels terrible right now.

Thank you. I really do feel bad, I didn't realize people were so harsh around here. :( what works for me might not work for someone else, we are all different. I think i am safe in saying we are all here for the same reason though. We should be more supportive of each other.

Wrong.
    We are not all here for the same reason
  • GuybrushThreepw00d
    GuybrushThreepw00d Posts: 784 Member
    Options

Because clean foods = magical properties!
    I've been eating clean for over two years. I am still fat. :P

So the real question is;
    If you could log faster and easier, would you be more likely to sustain a calorie deficit?

If the answers yes, then I'd initially say bull****... But then say forget eating clean and eat IIFYM.
    If the answers no, then I'd defer to Arnold; Stop Whining!
  • GuybrushThreepw00d
    Options

That wasn't bullying. It was being curt, big difference - you sensitive souls all need hugs.
    Thank you. I really do feel bad, I didn't realize people were so harsh around here. :( what works for me might not work for someone else, we are all different. I think i am safe in saying we are all here for the same reason though. We should be more supportive of each other.

Wrong.

Sending explicit messages to top heavy lovelies... That's why we're here - yeah?
  • penrbrown
    Options

Because clean foods = magical properties!
    I've been eating clean for over two years. I am still fat. :P

So the real question is;
    If you could log faster and easier, would you be more likely to sustain a calorie deficit?

If the answers yes, then I'd initially say bull****... But then say forget eating clean and eat IIFYM.
    If the answers no, then I'd defer to Arnold; Stop Whining!

I have no idea what IIFYM is and I don't want to know. :P

My current diet is not one I have any control over (allergies out the ying yang). All I can control is how I whine about it... He who whines most, relaxes most. :P
  • TheSlorax
    TheSlorax Posts: 2,401 Member
    Options

That wasn't bullying. It was being curt, big difference - you sensitive souls all need hugs.

Wrong.

Sending explicit messages to top heavy lovelies... That's why we're here - yeah?

I do need a hug but not from you. I'm a little weirded out by your face. however, from what I understand I am "pear shaped", so luckily I am excluded from your motivations for being here.
  • GuybrushThreepw00d
    Options
    I do need a hug but not from you. I'm a little weirded out by your face. however, from what I understand I am "pear shaped", so luckily I am excluded from your motivations for being here.

Weirded out by my face? You sound just like my pirate half brother Le Chuck.

Your invert-optimal body type may preclude you, but that hasn't stopped you sending me messages.... You naughty little badger.
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    You guys seriously don't have the bar codes on the stickers?

code-on-stickers.jpg

They don't have that where I shop. The sticker just has a 3 or 4 digit number and the name of it.
  • WendyTerry420
    Options

LOL @ "bully"

Get a grip, indeed!
  • penrbrown
    Options

They don't have that where I shop. The sticker just has a 3 or 4 digit number and the name of it.

*whisper* It kind of doesn't matter anyway because she admitted to having to weigh and manually input the product's weight anyway which was kind of my point. >.<

It was so much easier when I could just scan and be done but these days you have to scan, weigh, input, blarghety blargh... *sigh* Oh well...
  • WendyTerry420
    Options

Um, yea .... I'm thinking she didn't expect to get hated on so much for this comment. I don't necessarily agree with what she said, but you guys are probably making her feels terrible right now.

^^ Ok, now this *has* to be sarcasm. She has far too many posts for this to be serious!
  • WendyTerry420
    Options

*whisper* It kind of doesn't matter anyway because she admitted to having to weigh and manually input the product's weight anyway which was kind of my point. >.<

It was so much easier when I could just scan and be done but these days you have to scan, weigh, input, blarghety blargh... *sigh* Oh well...

I don't bother to weigh apples. No matter what size, I round them to 75 calories each.
  • Mouse_Potato
    Mouse_Potato Posts: 1,503 Member
    Options

Wrong.

Is that what "mighty pirates" do these days?

<--Rectangular shape and wouldn't know.
  • GuybrushThreepw00d
    Options
    Is that what "mighty pirates" do these days?

<--Rectangular shape and wouldn't know.

It's what they've always done. AAAARRRR
  • MeanderingMammal
    MeanderingMammal Posts: 7,866 Member
    Options
    All food you buy has a bar code on it

Nope, it comes straight from the farm...
  • mazmataz
    mazmataz Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    penrbrown/moose - Can I just say that you've handled this beautifully considering all of the aggressive garbage that's being thrown around. I actually find it remarkable that despite how lovely you have been in your post and your replies, there are still people out there getting a happy by attacking you and others. You are an inspiration! ;)

Just a summary guys, so far on a thread written for the purpose of having a friendly rant and some chit chat about entering individual ingredients on MFP we've had:

- Someone fairly aggressively attacked for trying to help (albiet with misguided information)
    - A mildly interesting debate about fruit stickers
    - OP's sanity brought into question
    - Some people very affronted by the mere suggestion that you may spend a few more minutes a day logging your food than they do
    - And now, some interfering busy body who cares very little about any of the above, and really isn't much of a clean eater ;)

Just an observation...and an opportunity to commend OP on his/her graceful attitude to the angry people of MFP :)