The only sad thing about losing 35 pounds..

Options
2»

Replies

• cparter
    cparter Posts: 754 Member
    Options
    I refuse to give away or buy for a while. At least not until I am close to my goal. I wear tighter belts with my pants bunched on the side. Some are quite baggy but my co-workers will just have to deal with it. :^)
  • ErinGiam
    ErinGiam Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    I was curious to see about the sad part of losing 35 pounds! lol If you still have some more weight to loose, I would suggest shopping at places like Plato's closet ( if you have them) or even T.J. Maxx, Marshall;s or Ross! I went to Plato's closet and got 3 shirts and a dress for like $18 bucks. That way you won't feel so bad about getting rid of them when the time comes!
    Congrats on the weight loss as well :smile:
  • rnaglejr
    rnaglejr Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'm dying to go from XXL to XL and hopefully L. All of the nicer designer clothes are in L at most and sometimes to find an XL, but it's rare to get an XXL :( Haha, that's part of my motivation. Who dosen't like shopping?
  • MBrannon
    Options
    Try thrift store shopping while you lose, the hunt is fun, and no matter what size I have been over the years, some of the nicest labels I've owned I got thrift shopping. Since you are still a teen, depending on where you live check to see if there is a Plato's Closet near you. They are a 2nd hand store aimed at teens.
  • Kath712
    Kath712 Posts: 1,263 Member
    Options
    True, it is not cheap and I use that as motivation to stay on track and NOT gain back the weight I have lost. I also gave away a ton of clothes, as I did not want to have them in storage "just in case"! Kudos for cleaning out your closet and looking forward. I have to say that I only buy things on sale and have found a lot of deals so it really hasn't been that bad, over time. ALSO thrift stores actually have some great hardly worn clothing if you take the time to shop the racks.

Thanks for posting this... The skirt I have on today is way too big, and I've been debating whether or not to put it in the charity bag or save it for next summer "just in case." You have convinced me to put it in the charity bag, since it will be too big on me next summer, too. I might even lose more weight by then, so it will definitely be too big. :tongue: :laugh:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!