Options
13»

Replies

• AprilMae1975
    Options
    Hard work and patience.
  • cassy_runs
    Options
    Cardio is always a good thing- don't believe anyone who says you don't need it. It's not only great for helping you to lose and keep off extra pounds, but it also strengthens your cardiovascular system as a whole.

There are exercises to target building your back muscles, and muscle helps burn fat. There are no exercises that spot-reduce areas of fat, as many people have posted before, but I truly believe if you develop (or continue) a healthy cardio routine (20-30 minutes 3-5 times a week) and do some exercises that target the upper back muscles (lat pullovers, back extensions, bent over rows with dumbbells - google these and you can find easy to follow videos online) your "back fat" will slim and your back muscles will become more defined. Don't buy into the mistaken idea that your back will suddenly look masculine and overly muscular- it takes HARD work and heavy weights to make that happen, so it's not going to happen to you accidentally as a result of you trying to tone your back.

Your bra will only cause your back to LOOK like you have back fat if your band size is too small. If I were you, I'd try the above steps first and then worry about getting measured for some new lingerie. ;)
    THANK YOU!! THIS was the answer I was looking for!
    It's not the answer though. You could do all of those exercises and still retain back fat. It's gonna come down to your genetics, calorie deficit and patience.

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

Correct; I was assuming the poster was already eating at a calorie deficit- my bad. :)
  • fashionosack
    Options
    Muscle training in swimming, push-ups and so action of sports, there are still extending the static movement. In static terms, can make the muscles remain tight, with a tight, to prevent the effects of fat deposition; while dynamic movement of push-ups, etc. are more physically fit better person.
  • meeper123
    meeper123 Posts: 3,347 Member
    Options
    lift weights it will help you get there faster
  • ElegantSlenderChic
    Options
    Fork Putdowns and Dinner Table Pushaways.

:laugh:
  • meeper123
    meeper123 Posts: 3,347 Member
    Options

:laugh:

lol thats funny and would def help lol
  • MelodyandBarbells
    MelodyandBarbells Posts: 7,725 Member
    Options

These exercises are really hard to do :(
  • asianmonkie
    Options
    Cardio is always a good thing- don't believe anyone who says you don't need it. It's not only great for helping you to lose and keep off extra pounds, but it also strengthens your cardiovascular system as a whole.

There are exercises to target building your back muscles, and muscle helps burn fat. There are no exercises that spot-reduce areas of fat, as many people have posted before, but I truly believe if you develop (or continue) a healthy cardio routine (20-30 minutes 3-5 times a week) and do some exercises that target the upper back muscles (lat pullovers, back extensions, bent over rows with dumbbells - google these and you can find easy to follow videos online) your "back fat" will slim and your back muscles will become more defined. Don't buy into the mistaken idea that your back will suddenly look masculine and overly muscular- it takes HARD work and heavy weights to make that happen, so it's not going to happen to you accidentally as a result of you trying to tone your back.

Your bra will only cause your back to LOOK like you have back fat if your band size is too small. If I were you, I'd try the above steps first and then worry about getting measured for some new lingerie. ;)
    THANK YOU!! THIS was the answer I was looking for!
    It's not the answer though. You could do all of those exercises and still retain back fat. It's gonna come down to your genetics, calorie deficit and patience.

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

Correct; I was assuming the poster was already eating at a calorie deficit- my bad. :)

Oh, I am. Trust me. Just figured I'd work out the back fat away while I'm at it.