Do You Like It in the AM or the PM??

Replies

• DeeDeeMee
    DeeDeeMee Posts: 133 Member

One thought I recently had, what if I try to do a mini workout in the morning, maybe 15-20 minutes. That way I am not setting my alarm for an hour and a half earlier to get in an hour workout.

I think this is a great idea. Who says you have to do it all at once?

I do yoga in the mornings now, but only because I have the time. I used to have to travel a long way to get to work so scheduling exercise was a pain. Now I live within walking distance, so walk 30 mins each way and have the time for yoga without having to get out of bed while it's still dark.

I think the main thing is that you should do something every day. Go with the time that you are most likely to stick to, or break it up into smaller bits spread throughout the day even if it's just 10 mins here and there.
  • cmira5ol
    cmira5ol Posts: 1,246 Member
    if we are talking about working out then.......

if i do it in the AM, then my energy level is up all day and it helps me sleep at a decent hour. oh also frees up my evenings so i can eat dinner on time.
  • wheird
    wheird Posts: 7,963 Member
    This is not the thread I was looking for.
  • susannamarie
    susannamarie Posts: 2,148 Member
    Yeah, what really matters is when you're likely to do it.

If I schedule it in the morning it doesn't get done. In the evening it does. So I work out in the evening.
  • I much much prefer the afternoon after work. I take too long to rev up in the mornings.
  • glamgrljess22
    glamgrljess22 Posts: 37 Member
    I like to workout after work in the morning i'm often too rushed to think about a workout. I also try to get in a good hour walk on my lunch break (weather permitting) to ensure I have atleast done something.
  • I_Will_End_You
    I_Will_End_You Posts: 4,397 Member
    I think dirty thoughts every time I see this thread pop up.
  • JTick
    JTick Posts: 2,131 Member
    I hate mornings. I barely have the strength to pick up a hairbrush, let alone a weight. I'm also not much of a night owl. I pretty much want to be in pjs relaxing by 7pm. I work out in the afternoon or early evening. This is when I have the most energy, and it fits my schedule nicely. It's never affected my weight loss as long as I'm getting the exercise done.
  • JenniTheVeggie
    JenniTheVeggie Posts: 2,474 Member
    I like to knock it out early. Leaves no room to make excuses throughout the day.
  • endoftheside
    endoftheside Posts: 568 Member
    I agree with all the posters who say, do it when you are most likely to be consistent. For me it is currently working great to do it in the afternoon as an energy booster. At other times the morning has fit into my schedule better (for gym classes, etc.)
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    this is not what I expected the topic to be about....

*flips hair and walks out*
  • My job kind of puts me all over the place so I try to fit in a workout whenever I can. Any bit of exercise is better than no exercise at all, so just try and fit it in when you can. Calories burned is calories burned, every little helps :)
  • TheSlorax
    TheSlorax Posts: 2,401 Member

it's ok MB, with you I like it in the am AND the pm.
  • AmyZ46
    AmyZ46 Posts: 694 Member
    I used to work out only in the mornings until one evening I was bored and went into the gym for a little work out ...which started a habit that I have continued while I am at work 3 weeks at a time... I started losing weight faster and then I started looking forward to it and adding core training to the evening as well as yoga and I sleep better and feel better . If I need to skip any exercise it is evening because too many things in my life can throw me off ,so if I get the morning workout done I'm good .
  • MB_Positif

it's ok MB, with you I like it in the am AND the pm.

That's right baby! :love:
  • I usually set my schedule to where I can workout between 5:30-8:30pm, so within those three hours, I'm free to get a workout in. After I workout, I get really sleepy for some reason (maybe because I burn myself out), but it helps me to get a better sleep at night, along with drinking tea afterwards. I'm not a morning person, so yeah.
  • mister_universe
    mister_universe Posts: 6,664 Member
    I fit it in whenever there's a hole in my schedule. Sometimes it's a tight fit, butt it's that important to me.
  • MB_Positif
    I fit it in whenever there's a hole in my schedule. Sometimes it's a tight fit, butt it's that important to me.

Yeah! That's what I am saying! Rock on!
  • ninjacakegirl
    ninjacakegirl Posts: 26 Member
    I've recently been finding myself motivated to get up and exercise in the early afternoon, typically after lunch. Unfortunately, I'm at work then. I found that working out later in the evening helps, and drinking plenty of water during will help stave off any late-evening munchies.
  • Fragilebird24
    Fragilebird24 Posts: 202 Member
    I have only worked out in the morning a couple of times but I do find that the earlier I workout the more energy I have. I change into my workout clothes as soon as I get home, which is around 3:00 or 3:30, or else I won't get it done. I tend to dread it though throughout the day and since it has gotten colder my energy level has decreased so I've been pondering getting up in the morning to do it. Unfortunately, I hate getting up early. I already wake up at 6:00 so I would have to get up at 5:00. Also, my afternoons are fairly open so working out keeps me from snacking! I think you should do it whenever you think you'll have more energy. The harder you push yourself, the better your results will be! Whatever you decide, I wish you the best!