Do You Like It in the AM or the PM??

Replies

• quiltlovinlisa
    quiltlovinlisa Posts: 1,710 Member
    Whichever works. On the days I don't work it's usually morning, on the days I do work, it's late afternoon. I'm pleased I just got it IN!
  • blg5
    blg5 Posts: 89 Member
    My workout buddies go early so I do to. I get to the gym at 5am and get back home by 6:30 in time to get ready for work.
  • DownsizingAaron
    DownsizingAaron Posts: 127 Member
    Do what suits you.

I'm much weaker in the mornings, no idea why, so prefer to work out later.

I am weak in the mornings too. I do a much better workout in the afternoon or mid-evening. I agree that you have to do what suits your time and strengths!
  • EHisCDN
    EHisCDN Posts: 480 Member
    I like to workout in the evening. I'm definitely not a morning person and the idea of getting up earlier to workout just baffles me (I realize for some people they love it, but me, not so much!).

Do whatever suits you. It doesn't matter what time of day as long as you get your workout in.
  • DeltaZero
    DeltaZero Posts: 1,197 Member
    Depends on if you can get, up... in the am... If PMS is more your thing. Then go for it. But, the early bird, gets my worm.
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Depends on if you can get, up... in the am... If PMS is more your thing. Then go for it. But, the early bird, gets my worm.

You totally get me, bro.
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    morning work out. because no matter how crappy my day gets, at least i've worked out that day.
  • Eternitii
    Eternitii Posts: 18 Member
    I'm definitely a morning girl and i mean 530 AM morning and trust me when i say its not because i'm a morning girl lol :laugh: I have to do it in the morning because there is no guarantee that if i wait until after work that i will have a chance to sneak in the garage in the evening. There's too much to do and oftentimes i make detours and run errands after work that prevent me from going straight home to get it in. No the morning is the only time i know for sure that i will get it in. It's hard to start at first but after a day or so, your body will want to fall asleep early on its own in order for you to wake up on time for that alarm. Plus it sets the tone for the rest of the day, i find im less likely to make poor food choices if i got up first thing versus waiting til the end of the day if i get to at all
  • Eternitii
  • Eternitii
    I think dirty thoughts every time I see this thread pop up.

i wish this were facebook or instagram just so i could like this reply lol
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    What you did there, I see it.
  • dannytrees1
    dannytrees1 Posts: 123 Member
    I'm new in the gym so my workout time has been all over the map.
    On Sunday I went at 330 am, there were not too many people there.
    Today I went at 4:30pm wow I won't do that again, it was a bit too busy.
    I would say the best time for me to hit the gym is just before lunch, this way I can get things rolling in the morning and I have the evenings off.
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,943 Member
    The only things about working out are (1) that you like working out and (2) that you work out anytime you choose.

During work days, I'm at the gym at 5:15 a.m. before I've eaten anything at all, except for Tuesday when I go to the gym after work after I've eaten a good portion of my calories.

This week I'm on vacation and went one morning, the rest of the time during early afternoon.

Why? Because this is what works for me.
  • UnitedBoy83
    UnitedBoy83 Posts: 888 Member
    this is not what I expected the topic to be about....

*flips hair and walks out*

it's ok MB, with you I like it in the am AND the pm.

That's right baby! :love:

I lubs a bit of early morning and late night cardio!!
  • SuperCrsa
    SuperCrsa Posts: 790 Member

:laugh: Sexercise FTW!
  • mcibty
    mcibty Posts: 1,252 Member
    Firstly, not the thread I was expecting.

Secondly; due to my partner's job, I have most of my free time in the evening after work, so I head to the gym on my way home. I can't imagine I'd ever actually get out of bed to workout early, but I do feel like if I had a choice in the matter I'd ideally like to workout in the afternoon!
  • UnitedBoy83
    UnitedBoy83 Posts: 888 Member

:laugh: Sexercise FTW!

Awwww yyeeaahh!
  • TamaraKat
    TamaraKat Posts: 533 Member
    I like it in the AM! 5.30 to be exact!
  • lmckillo
    lmckillo Posts: 127 Member
    I am a morning person to tell you the truth. No better way to start my day.

I am trying to figure out whether I should work out in the AM or the PM. I have read countless, and I mean countless articles that talk about the AM jump starts your metabolism, the PM revs it back up after a work day and gives you more burn for your PM calories if you don't eat to excess.

I am just trying to figure out what which one I should stick with. I have done the early AM and didn't see any real results. I am currenlty doing PM and I don't see any different results. I hate having to go home and work out when all I want to do is relax or run errands after work. I also hate waking up in the morning, I will fight tooth and nail for an extra minute of sleep.

So, I would like to know from maybe some personal trainers on the site who work with clients, when do you see the best results, those who workout in the AM or the PM.

For those who are not personal trainers, please feel free to chime in on your routines as well, as I would like to know if anyone ever started in the PM switched to the AM and had better results.

Thanks in advance.
    [/quote]
  • Fabfitgirl5
    Fabfitgirl5 Posts: 91 Member
    Such dirty minds...ha! lol-- :tongue:

I knew I would get the .... wait are we talking about excersice thread?? post...

But to comment on loconnor466- I just can't seem to get out of my warm bed to go to a cold room and work out .. I have tried setting the alarm for like 7:00 and just doing a quick 25 minute DVD, but umm yeah.. nope.

@ Skinninnotime-I also dont seem to have the energy in the AM that I do in the PM which is strange to me since you would think by the afternoon I would be exhausted from working all day.

I just despise working out... so anytime somethign is that HARD I just have to make myself DO IT and get it over with.

Thanks for the responses, I just don't understand how some ppl can GET It UP in the AM-- get up the energy I meant.. :blushing: :wink: