Something WEIRD that you realized you do....

Options

Replies

• rb16fitness
    rb16fitness Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    I shampoo my hair, wash off my hands clean of shampoo, then rinse out the shampoo using my hands!! But I can't not rinse them after I'm done shampooing( and shampooing is a pretty entertaining word)

What is this "shampoo" of which you speak....? :huh:

Hugs for Zach :smile:
  • cingle87
    cingle87 Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    I have a hatred for odd numbers, when Im setting the volume on the tv for example has to be and even number, secondly I have notice ive started to fist bump lamp post, road sign etc for no reason at all, but if im within arms distance it gets bumped
  • PhoenixStrikes
    PhoenixStrikes Posts: 587 Member
    Options
    I say "Excuse me" after I sneeze, my husband thinks it's very strange.
  • rockstarginaa
    rockstarginaa Posts: 1,529 Member
    Options
    I color-code my closet.
  • MakaylaRae4
    Options
    I've found that I barely touch the glass or bottle that I'm drinking out of with my lips, sometimes to the point that I'm pouring the drink straight into my mouth rather than sipping it. I don't know when I started that or why, but I can always tell my glass apart from my boyfriend's by the lip marks!
  • echofm1
    echofm1 Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    When I eat cereal, I used to take a breath in as the spoon was coming towards my mouth. Kind of like when you're feeding a baby and you open your mouth until he bites it and then you close it.

I had a friend though whose head would shake whenever he ate a sandwich and brought it towards his mouth. It was like he was just so excited for the sub that he couldn't contain it.
  • rainunrefined
    rainunrefined Posts: 850 Member
    Options
    I put ice in my milk. Once I realized this is "weird" I bought some beer mugs and keep them in freezer as my "frosty" milk mugs. Well, to be honest I have to have ice in everything - orange juice, whatever.
  • rainunrefined
    rainunrefined Posts: 850 Member
    Options
    Oh and I ALWAYS say things like "dime a dozen" "hotter than a box of rocks" "who let the cat out of the bag" "turn on a dime" "play it by ear" --- I can't think of anymore off the top of my head, oh there's another one "off the top of my head." But I know there are many many more that I say in daily conversations.
  • JeniferEverx3
    JeniferEverx3 Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    I pout my lips HARDCORE when I'm filing my fingernails! :laugh: I never knew I did this until last year my boyfriend pointed it out to me. He got quite a laugh at my expense. Embarrassing :embarassed:

Now I try to be more conscious, but most of the time I forget and catch myself doing it anyway.
  • greenhudler
    Options
    when turning up the volume on my tv or in my car, i do so in increments of 5. i cant leave it at 17, 18, 23, etc. must be in an increment of 5. ima weirdo like that.
    Me too!
  • JeniferEverx3
    JeniferEverx3 Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    Oh and I ALWAYS say things like "dime a dozen" "hotter than a box of rocks" "who let the cat out of the bag" "turn on a dime" "play it by ear" --- I can't think of anymore off the top of my head, oh there's another one "off the top of my head." But I know there are many many more that I say in daily conversations.

I'm exactly the same way. If it's not a "supposed-to-be" hot drink like hot coffee, hot cocoa, hot apple cider (which I dislike anyway), it. must. have. ice.

Cold drinks must always be ICE cold - especially my milk. And I will put the ice in the glass first to make sure when I pour my drink, all the liquid runs over the ice.

If I'm making a cold drink I have to stir like sweet tea (stir in the sugar) or flavored milk (stir in the powder or syrup) then I will pour the liquid, then the flavoring or sugar, THEN I put the ice in and push it to the bottom with my spoon a few times to make sure all the liquid gets an opportunity to touch the ice and get cold. Nothing worse then sticking a straw in a cup and having the bottom be warmer than the top - YUCK.
  • SugarBaby71
    SugarBaby71 Posts: 3,630 Member
    Options
    When I'm eating, say I have rice, veggies and a pork chop. I will eat all of one thing before starting on another. Like all the rice first. Then all the veggies, then all the pork chop. I never start another food item before finishing the first.

I rub my feet together when I'm trying to fall asleep.

I do both of these. Lol.

I rub my feet together too. I turn my pillow over. I count things (How many scrapes to peel a carrot or kibbles of cat food spilled out etc) I am the only person in my home who may load the dishwasher.
  • Shari325
    Shari325 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    I start a lot of sentences off with the word, "actually"...I never noticed I did this until my three year old started saying, "actually" before pretty much everything he says...I looked at my wife and was like, "where the heck did he pick that up?"..."you dummy, you say it all the time...actually."

I guess it's not really weird, but now I catch myself all of the time and try not to say it...it's kind of annoying...actually.
    Too funny!
    I had the same conversation with my mother when my now 27 year old son was 3. Now, neither one of says the word actually very often. :blushing:
  • emirror
    emirror Posts: 842 Member
    Options

When I make a peanut butter sandwich, the two sides that are touching when I take out the bread are automatically the inside sides. I just realized I do this recently and I thought it was peculiar.

I do that too. It makes sure the cleavage of the loaf lines up when you put the slices together. If you have a really weird shaped loaf, it matters.

If I'm reliving a particularly embarrassing memory, I'll start to suddenly sing out loud to force the memory to stop. It works, but damn, it's embarrassing, too. Not really any gain, there.
  • ThirdEyeOpen
    Options
    Whenever i open any kind of canned beverage i IMMEDIATELY turn the pop top to the right!! it comes in handy when asked "is this mine of yours?".....just look at the top :-)
  • smc864
    smc864 Posts: 570 Member
    Options
    Before I run or do any form of cardio I retie my shoes at least 3 times so that they are just slightly tight, and both shoes have to have the exact same tightness.
  • awtume9
    awtume9 Posts: 423 Member
    Options

I had a friend though whose head would shake whenever he ate a sandwich and brought it towards his mouth. It was like he was just so excited for the sub that he couldn't contain it.

This made me laugh. Hahaha
  • Patzycakes
    Patzycakes Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    When i eat cereal with milk i tilt my head back because otherwise I feel like the milk will dribble.

Oh and I can't drink the milk that is left in the bowl, because it has been sullied by cereal and is no longer drinkable even though I just ate the bowl of cereal.
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,841 Member
    Options
    I shampoo my hair, wash off my hands clean of shampoo, then rinse out the shampoo using my hands!! But I can't not rinse them after I'm done shampooing( and shampooing is a pretty entertaining word)

I have something related.

I have to let all the water drip down off the bottle so I only get pure shampoo in my hand when I pour it. If a little water drips down, it bugs me....deeply.

Gah. A bit mental.
  • salladeve
    salladeve Posts: 1,053 Member
    Options
    When I'm eating "finger foods" I tend to pull small pieces off and eat that way as opposed picking up the item and taking a bite.

If I'm concentrating, or reading I'll play with strands of my hair.

I have since quit this bad habit, but for years I would bite on the inside of my cheek. The dentist convinced me to stop that.