MuscleAndMascara Posts: 1,259 Member
    Options
    IF YOU HAVE AWESOME AZ PICS, PLEASE SHARE!!!!! :smile: :love:

<--

ooo thank you!! :)
  • KeepCalmNGetyaSweatOn
    Options

My ticker is an actual picture I captured after a HUGE snow dump north of Flagstaff! <3 the snow
  • MuscleAndMascara
    Options
    I am a native of Arizona. I sort of have a love hate relationship with this state.

The summers in Phoenix suck so so so so bad. I don't care what anyone says, one never gets used to the heat. I agree with the other poster about not enough water in southern AZ but if you're willing to travel a little further than Lake Not so Pleasant you can find some beautiful lakes with absolutely gorgeous scenery & the bass fishing is awesome! (Apache Lake, Canyon Lake, Roosevelt Lake)

I LOVE the fact that in the winter I can drive 2 hours north to Flagstaff and spend the whole day snowboarding at AZ Snowbowl, or drive a half day and spend the weekend at Durango Ski resort in CO. What is also nice is the fact that on a whim one can drive another half day to San Diego and enjoy the beach.

The 4 months out of the year that it's nice enough to be outside isn't worth it IMO though.

The scenery is gorgeous here outside of any major big city. Tucson is a dump, Phoenix is pretty bad too.

My favorite towns: Flagstaff, Jerome, Payson, Prescott, Tortilla Flats, Sedona, and that's about it.

bwahaha I agree, Tucson is a dump.. Have you ever been to Show Low or Taylor?
  • The_Enginerd
    The_Enginerd Posts: 3,982 Member
    Options
    Scan of a picture, so not the greatest quality, but at higher elevations in the nicer part of the desert.

Dirtbike%2520Jump%2520Side.jpg
  • 1_JR_1
    1_JR_1 Posts: 179
    Options
    ClintsWells20miler16.jpg
    005-2.jpg
    8b458270.jpg
    011-1.jpg
    208f606a.jpg
  • KeepCalmNGetyaSweatOn
    Options
    No I haven't. I have been told there isn't anything worth it to drive through. Maybe they're wrong? Oh, I forgot about Pine, and the Grand Canyon area. Those are beautiful places too! The drive from Flagstaff to there leaves little to be desired though. lol
  • MuscleAndMascara
    Options
    seeing these pics make me want to take a road trip this weekend!! :) thank you!!
  • KeepCalmNGetyaSweatOn
    Options
    ClintsWells20miler16.jpg
    005-2.jpg
    8b458270.jpg
    011-1.jpg
    208f606a.jpg

WOW! Great pics
  • emAZn
    emAZn Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    Moved here when I was three. Love being able to go mountain biking year-round, the smell of Creosote after it rains, best sunsets compared to just about anywhere. Hate burning my hand on the shift knob in the summer, snowbirds in the winter and Sheriff Joe.

ha ha guess there is one thing I hate about AZ - Sheriff Joe :)
  • 1_JR_1
    1_JR_1 Posts: 179
    Options
    006.jpg
    FLGHalf9.jpg
    8_13_08010-1.jpg
    rattlesnake2.jpg
    rattlesnake1.jpg
    007.jpg
  • MuscleAndMascara
    Options
    No I haven't. I have been told there isn't anything worth it to drive through. Maybe they're wrong? Oh, I forgot about Pine, and the Grand Canyon area. Those are beautiful places too! The drive from Flagstaff to there leaves little to be desired though. lol

Lol, well it depends on what your find worth it. I lived in the small town of Taylor for 7 years and loved it! Everyone rode horses everywhere! I could ride 2 miles away from my house and hear the elk bugle in Oct. See the mule deer and mountain lions in the canyon. Shoot my guns. It snowed, but just enough to cover the ground and not your whole house. Just a small town with one stop light and a main street. Not much to see, but so much to love!! Show Low is a very pretty town. Very clean, lots of pines and they always have rodeos and oldies car shows.. Just little thing slike that :)
  • AZ_Gato
    AZ_Gato Posts: 1,270 Member
    Options

Some southern Arizona love...the Huachuca mountains.

Winter time:
    IMG_1975_zps9e282d8b.jpg

Carr Canyon...waterfall area
    IMAG0226_1_zps843728cb.jpg

IMG_1020_zpsb6efefdf.jpg
  • MuscleAndMascara
    Options

Winter time:
    IMG_1975_zps9e282d8b.jpg

IMG_1020_zpsb6efefdf.jpg

I often visit my cousin on base in FT Huachuca, beautiful!
  • Groovyca2022
    Groovyca2022 Posts: 21,378 Member
    Options
    Moved back to Az last year after many years living in Cali.....due to employment

We hate it...The heat, really 120's, damn! Maybe it's the small city we live it that has nothing to offer. No movie theater, no mall...nothing for teens to do here.

There is one thing I do love..it's the scenery, the mountains, desert and the Colorado river..just beautiful.
  • AZ_Gato
    AZ_Gato Posts: 1,270 Member
    Options

Winter time:
    IMG_1975_zps9e282d8b.jpg

IMG_1020_zpsb6efefdf.jpg

I often visit my cousin on base in FT Huachuca, beautiful!

Invite me to lunch next time you're around...I work on the installation.
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,841 Member
    Options
    Anyone else from this beautiful State? Did you move here, or were you born here?

Born in Buffalo NY and moved here when I was 5. Went from damn cold to damn hot.
    What do you hate about it?

Not much. Traffic I suppose.
    What do you love about it?

The outdoors. The summers and winters. Right to work state. People for the most part.
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,841 Member
    Options
    And I am heading to Williams this weekend to enjoy the snow. The great part is I drive back on Sunday to gorgeous temps.
  • MuscleAndMascara
    Options
    And I am heading to Williams this weekend to enjoy the snow. The great part is I drive back on Sunday to gorgeous temps.

ooo lucky!! I will be making snow trips this winter for sure. Besides, my LO is old enough to play in it now :)