"B" belly success?

Options
So of course I have the dreaded "B" belly (your stomach looks like a "B" when it goes out then in then back out, as opposed to a "D" just all rounded..) jw if any of you girls have one and if so how does it look now after you lost weight has it gone away or just get "smaller"
I'm so sick of mine and hoping it will go away! I would love to see pictures of your progress please!! :)

Replies

• kdsp2911
    kdsp2911 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    In for responses...and hopefully pics!
  • kellenas
    kellenas Posts: 154
    Options
    In for responses...and hopefully pics!
  • Hauntinglyfit
    Hauntinglyfit Posts: 5,537 Member
    Options
    still don't get what a B belly is.
  • broox80
    broox80 Posts: 1,195 Member
    Options
    Ok, I have this. I like to think of it as I was curvy before I got fat, so its my curves just being extra CURVY!!! I always wonder what my stomach will look like if I do lose my weight. YIPES!!!
  • echofm1
    echofm1 Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    Personally, I've always been glad to have a B belly instead of a D belly. It means I've got a waist, even when big! It also means no one has ever asked me if I'm pregnant, because pregnant women don't get B bellies.

I have pictures, but as I'm still 100+ pounds away from my goal, I don't think that's what you're looking for :smile: So far though, the humps of my Bs have been going down slowly, so I imagine it'll disappear eventually. Not having a huge stomach usually helps.
  • Holly_Roman_Empire
    Holly_Roman_Empire Posts: 4,440 Member
    Options

Not sure I do either.
  • tzig00
    tzig00 Posts: 875 Member
    Options
    Do you want the truth? I have a "B" belly and it has never gone away. I would have to have a completely flat stomach and some abs in order for it to be flat and even then I don't know if it will. I totally feel your pain. :sad:
  • TheGirlsATimeBomb
    TheGirlsATimeBomb Posts: 434 Member
    Options

Not sure I do either.

you're both skinny that's why lol
  • tzig00
    tzig00 Posts: 875 Member
    Options
    Personally, I've always been glad to have a B belly instead of a D belly. It means I've got a waist, even when big! It also means no one has ever asked me if I'm pregnant, because pregnant women don't get B bellies.

I have pictures, but as I'm still 100+ pounds away from my goal, I don't think that's what you're looking for :smile: So far though, the humps of my Bs have been going down slowly, so I imagine it'll disappear eventually. Not having a huge stomach usually helps.

I had a "B" belly even when pregnant so I never took the pregger belly pictures.
  • kellenas
    kellenas Posts: 154
    Options

Not sure I do either.

It's where your belly is indented at your belly button as opposed to just being rounded out all the way from the top to bottom. I hope that gives you a better image.
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options

Same here, exactly! Even at my HW of 307, no one ever asked if I was pregnant.

With 98 lb lost so far my rolls have diminished but are still very present :-/ I am fairly certain I'll never NOT have a B belly. I don't mind it but I am always a bit jealous of girls with the D type of belly that goes down and looks nice & flat. The lower part of my "B" has gotten much flatter, at least, and I know the upper part is going down because I wear smaller tops and button-downs no longer cling.
  • mmm_drop
    mmm_drop Posts: 1,126 Member
    Options

Not sure I do either.

you're both skinny that's why lol

I don't know either.
  • frood
    frood Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    Wat? Is this the new thigh gap?
  • echofm1
    echofm1 Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    Here, I'll help out those who don't know what a B belly is. Here are 2 pictures. The first is a B belly, and the second is a D belly.

Nov10-2013-side.jpg

f3049da0-e4eb-4140-9fb9-4a0417329006.jpeg
  • Some_Watery_Tart
    Some_Watery_Tart Posts: 2,250 Member
    Options
    I won't share pictures, but mine has flattened out nicely and is pretty even. But my belly button is in sad shape. :sad:
  • khicks125
    Options
    In for pics....I'm curious myself!
  • AllonsYtotheTardis
    AllonsYtotheTardis Posts: 16,947 Member
    Options
    I had that problem. It seems to have finally gone away, but I had to get really close to goal before that happened. I'm not sure exactly when I noticed it was gone. (GOOD RIDDANCE!)
  • Sabrang
    Sabrang Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I have a B belly, and I HATE IT! I had lost about 50ish pounds last year. I did abs, cardio, low carbs, low fat, low calorie, you name it, but the B began to get loose and saggy. I had just started learning to belly dance, and I think I looked worse in the costumes that way, than when I was larger! I actually put weight back on, because of it. A Dr told me that, depending on age, having plastic surgery might be the only way to get rid of it...I can't afford to do that out of my pocket, and insurance doesn't cover it.
  • marcia724
    marcia724 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    I have a B belly... even when I am at my goal weight, I can still see it! When I gain even 5 lbs, the top part of my B gets bigger. It's really frustrating. I'd rather have a D belly for sure.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!