"B" belly success?

Options

Replies

• rlb8788
    rlb8788 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I have a "B" belly and it's so stubborn. I still have a ways to go, but I can tell it has gotten smaller. I notice that I tend to lose more from my sides and then moves inward. It makes me feel like it will never go away.. Does this happen to anyone else??
  • sola24
    sola24 Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    I definitely have a B belly.. :( and its not going anywhere..
  • Ithina1
    Ithina1 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I have a B belly and I'm interested in pics too.

So far mine just looks a bit deflated, which seems to exaggerate the fold. :( I imagine once my skin catches up it will shrink down again just fine. I'm hoping the B goes away at some point.
  • wbandel
    wbandel Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    I went from a B to a b. Sorry I don't have better pictures of the "B" stage, there's no way I was going to take my shirt off. lol Just trust me when I say I definitely had it. I still wouldn't call it a D since my stomach fat sticks out instead of laying down. It's gotten better with going to the gym, which makes me wish I'd started sooner. Best of luck!

3819ce29-dbff-4e30-afd5-b4cb8dcb596a_zps339a5037.jpg
  • reneekise
    reneekise Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    bump
  • DMRN0125
    Options
    Me too! It's like there is this line that slims starting at my obliques and then moves in as I lose weight. Weirdest thing ever.
  • Holly_Roman_Empire
    Holly_Roman_Empire Posts: 4,440 Member
    Options
    still don't get what a B belly is.

Not sure I do either.

you're both skinny that's why lol

Okay, I get it now. But don't assume that my picture and my ticker tell my whole story.
  • jennipooh0324
    jennipooh0324 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    wbandel- wow what an amazing job. How long did it take you??
    What type of exercise program did you follow?
    How many calories and type of foods??
  • SkinnyFatAlbert
    SkinnyFatAlbert Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    I don't know what letter my belly is :( "F" probably.
  • betsapp91
    Options
    i have a B belly :(
  • Saucy_lil_Minx
    Saucy_lil_Minx Posts: 3,302 Member
    Options
    I totally have the "B" Belly, but not gone yet. I am hoping my heavy lifting will help to flatten it out. If not Then I am going to get it tucked. I have seen that damn thing since I was 16. Let you know how it goes. I kinda get a chuckle at it right now b/c I am thinner everywhere else, but my belly still remains. My back is thin, my arms are slimming, my butt is great, and so are my thighs. I even have hip bones, but still the belly is there. I am hoping that the last half of my loss is just the "B" gut.
  • mjharman
    mjharman Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    I used to have a D belly. Then, as I lost the weight, it became more of a B belly...with the bottom of the B looking like a deflated balloon. Now I am getting more solid, losing the B.

I'm not sure if you can tell by the photos, as I have clothes on, but I think you can kind of see. The first one was taken in April, 2012, the second one in June, 2013. The final one in September, 2013.

We are all different, and we all have trouble spots that take the longest to lose. Eventually, we will get there!

i5ccgn.jpg
    1pb4mu.jpg
    2mry5pv.jpg
  • SusieCuteYay
    SusieCuteYay Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Whao! Thanks for sharing pics of before and after! Regardless of B or D it sure is inspiring! So great you all did it! Its like a glimmer of hope! Thanks! :)
  • thatgirlkellib
    thatgirlkellib Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Well im in the opposite I have the dreaded "backfat" and I hate it more than a fat stomach which I have a combo of both!!!! so , I have sheddred inches off with the waist and thigh slimmers that you use while working out I mean even if you had to wear two or three to cover the midsection of the body, you instantly burn inches/fat off while doing basic brisk walking you sweat 5x as much!!! I invested in a few for around $15 plus I wear sweats no matterwhat the temp is here in florida and I poor sweat off, its literally dripping off of me after working out( brisk walking)! I have to go get a sauna suit now that we are getting cooler weather! regardless of your shape, that has to improve your middle and thighs too. they have both I purchased at walmart. I also seen on youtube where this lady was using abolene cream underneath the "slimmer" made it twice as effective, deffinetly will be trying that! good luck ladies and gents!
  • wbandel
    wbandel Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    wbandel- wow what an amazing job. How long did it take you??
    What type of exercise program did you follow?
    How many calories and type of foods??

It took me a year to get to my goal weight. Now I'm maintaining and dropping body fat while I try to switch fat into muscle. I started with C25K as that was all I really could do to start. I then bought a bike and started biking 3-5 miles a day. I did two Jillian Michaels videos when it was too cold to bike. When I started maintaining I started going to the gym and doing the weight machines because I was skinny fat and unhappy with how I looked for the weight I was. My fat now hangs a lot better on my body. I don't have an updated picture, but these last four months or so have really made a difference because of using weights. As far as food goes, I just stuck to "lose 2 lbs a week" and ate back all my exercise calories. It worked for me and I never really had any problems with getting stuck at a certain weight. I try to eat healthy, but since I'm in grad school I really don't eat the best. I just eat a bit better than I used to and eat less of it. I'd say the majority of my weight loss has to do with just not overeating.
  • TigerBite
    TigerBite Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    B bellies are healthier than D bellies ... D bellies are composed mainly of visceral fat (bad), where as B bellies are composed mainly of subcutaneous fat ...
  • dunnodunno
    dunnodunno Posts: 2,290 Member
    Options
    Bump!
  • xoeva
    xoeva Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    GONE!

25d7b3d7-a411-4fdc-ad19-dd7dbd11fadd_zps42e7b107.jpg

You can see it a lot better in my bra/undies pics, but I'm not posting those here ;) OP, I would consider sharing them with you via PM though, so drop me a line if interested.
    Wow there's hope!!!! amazing transformation!!!!
  • sarahrbraun
    sarahrbraun Posts: 2,261 Member
    Options
    So of course I have the dreaded "B" belly (your stomach looks like a "B" when it goes out then in then back out, as opposed to a "D" just all rounded..) jw if any of you girls have one and if so how does it look now after you lost weight has it gone away or just get "smaller"
    I'm so sick of mine and hoping it will go away! I would love to see pictures of your progress please!! :)

not sure if this is what you mean, but hopefully it gives you hope.

the picture on the left is in 2010 when I was in an exercise group with some other moms at church. I'm not 100% sure what I weighed, but I know it was no less than 188lbs, and no more than 199lbs. When the group broke up, I went on to GAIN another 30lbs. When I finally joined a gym in 2012, it took me 9 months to lose that 30lbs or so. The picture on the right is Thanksgiving 2012.

8213431311_eecd2df7b1.jpg
    gray top pics by crochetmom2010, on Flickr

For the last year, I have been working with a trainer off and on ( used one Feb-August, then been following a plan he wrote the last 4 months). I took my normal progress pics about 2 weeks ago. I have lost about 5-6lbs in the last year. I will admit, I am flexing a little so I can get a shot of my abs that are just starting to show :blushing:

10857455026_4d003227d4.jpg
    #fitspo #hardworkwins #nevergiveup #notacardiobunny by crochetmom2010, on Flickr
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!