Food that Don't Like You

Options

Replies

• kjimmie4848
    kjimmie4848 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Fried okra? Great. Fresh okra boiled? Great. Canned okra? Gag.
  • jillianbeeee
    jillianbeeee Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    fresh blueberries. I feel sick and gassy for two or three days after! Weird ha?
  • firstsip
    firstsip Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    I don't believe there's anything inherently healthy/unhealthy about various things; case in point, if you have an allergy to something, isn't not exactly healthy for you, no?

Allergy: Coconut.

Intolerance: Dairy. Lactaid helps. Red meat, as well--brutal stomach pains pretty frequently, so I cut it out 10+ years ago. Occasion venison, but that's a mixed bag.

But in general, everything makes me poop an insane amount.
  • ingraha
    ingraha Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I guess I am lucky. I like all food and all food likes me.
  • hmaddpear
    hmaddpear Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    I have been trying to work out what my issue is and after reading all this im thinking maybe it could be salad??? I am eating a salad now and bloating up...but is that normal orrrr? My salad has cos lettuce, red and green capsisum (which I think is your version of bell peppers) tomato, avo. I have no idea how to pinpoint what the issue is....do you try eating things separately and see if you react to it?

If the pepper is raw, it's most likely to be that. But you won't know until you try them all separately. However, if it's a recent "I've been eating lots of salad, now I'm sick" development (like mine), it's going to be difficult. You might find that as you're sensitive at the moment, any raw vegetable will set you off. If you give it a few weeks off and then start trying them separately, it might take a couple of days to trigger the problem.

Good luck!
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    Broccoli and strawberries both love me dearly. It's jalapenos that hate my guts!
  • arghbowl
    arghbowl Posts: 1,179 Member
    Options
    Pretty much all foods make me poop... so I guess all of them.
  • aliceclutz90
    aliceclutz90 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Kale makes me feel so sick, I think it's because I had so much of it once that I was forcing large quantities of it down at each meal. It got very awful very quickly.
  • Bella0531
    Bella0531 Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    Coffee gives me major heartburn. :(
  • WendyTerry420
    Options
    I have crohn's disease, so quite a few foods and I do not get along well!

My husband has Crohn's, so I know what you are going through. There are lots of things I love that I rarely get to cook because he can't eat it.
  • carrieo888
    carrieo888 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    All peppers EXCEPT jalapenos. Green chile peppers are the worst as they give me fiery indigestion for days. It has nothing to do with mildness or hotness, as banana peppers (which are really mild) also give me indigestion. I have no idea why jalapenos don't trigger it; they must have some different enzymes or something.
  • WendyTerry420
    Options
    I'm lactose intolerant so no milk or ice cream. NO ICE CREAM!!! :sad: :explode: :sad: It's annoying! But at least I can have froyo. lol Thankfully froyo places are hot right now and we have several here. Hard cheeses or aged cheeses are fine, just nothing 'fresh'; even cream. And boy did I use to love cream in my coffee! Also I have a weird one.... I can't eat iceburg lettuce. My stomach hurts and hurts and I get severe diarrhea. Splenda doesn't sit well with me in large quantities, either. That's all I can think of.

Not so weird... My husband was in the hospital due to iceberg lettuce. We do baby spinach now instead.
  • ideang
    ideang Posts: 95
    Options
    Green beans give me a horrible headache. I mean one or two bites and 10 mins later my head is throbbing. My son gets hives from them too.
  • hellsbell
    hellsbell Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Raw apples. 2 bites and I have a pain, it's been like that as long as I can remember. Cooked apple is OK though. I react similarly to raw pears but at larger amounts. I can still eat small pears. Also sorbitol. I once ate a whole packet of Werther's Originals over a two-hour period and it turned me into a crampy, bloated fartypants for almost a week after.
  • seliinac
    seliinac Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    Wow! I guess I'm lucky. The only thing that has ever been an issue for me is beer. As a teen I thought it was just the taste so tried to drink it fast through a straw but as soon as it hit my stomach it made me feel ill. Even the smell of it repulses me now.
  • Mollysous
    Options
    Avocado's and pomegranates. I used to be able to eat both and love them, but now they cause nausea and overall stomach discomfort. Sometimes to the point of vomiting. The avocado's make sushi restaurants fun.......I have to be super diligent there cause a lot of rolls come with avocado whether they say it or not.
  • Mollysous
    Options
    Many lettuce's are cleaned with a product called "FIT" and I have allergy-like symptoms with that product. I can no longer enjoy salad bars that use it to clean lettuce and other veggies.
  • PRMinx
    PRMinx Posts: 4,585 Member
    Options
    Too much pineapple makes my mouth itch and hurt.
  • Mollysous
    Options
    I have been trying to work out what my issue is and after reading all this im thinking maybe it could be salad??? I am eating a salad now and bloating up...but is that normal orrrr? My salad has cos lettuce, red and green capsisum (which I think is your version of bell peppers) tomato, avo. I have no idea how to pinpoint what the issue is....do you try eating things separately and see if you react to it?

It may be the product they use to clean the lettuce and veggies. I have issues with it too, it is a product called Fit. It causes mild swelling in my lips and tongue, bloated stomach and loose stools (within an hour of eating something with it).
  • juliemouse83
    juliemouse83 Posts: 6,663 Member
    Options
    Eggs...It doesn't matter how they're fixed. They make my stomach burn horribly about 45 minutes after I eat them...which sucks because I love them sooooo much...Deviled, hard boiled, soft boiled, poached, omelets:sad:

The really bizarre part... sometimes it isn't bad at all...and now the homogenized whites do the same thing, so either way I go, it is now a freaking crap shoot.