College Football

Options
124»

Replies

• djeffreys10
    djeffreys10 Posts: 2,312 Member
    Options
    One needs only to look at the past Saturday to see who is the better team and who is more deserving of a title shot. Auburn beating the #1 team by 6, and Ohio State squeaking by an unranked team by 1. Furthermore, put any of the top four, possibly 6, teams from the SEC west in Ohio States schedule and they go undefeated. A weak schedule should not be rewarded.

Auburn beat Ga (currently ranked #22) by 6. Ohio State beat Wisconson (currently ranked #21) by 7. But lets look at the rest of the schedule. That was Ohio States only game against a currently ranked team. And they are not even in the top 20. Auburn has beaten 3 currently ranked teams. Including the then #1, currently #3 Tide. Auburns only loss is to a team better than ANYONE Ohio State has played to this point (#15 LSU). And while Ohio State has the ability to add to it's resume with a win over #10 (which would only be their second win over a ranked team), Auburn gets a chance at it's fourth ranked win, and it's second top 5 win IN A ROW. Which would be two wins that far surpase in quality what would be Ohio States ONLY quality win.

When Auburns schedule is THAT superior, and their only loss comes to a team better than any team Ohio State played, there is no argurment for Ohio State deserving to play in the title game. Auburn would have wiped the floor with Ohio State's schedule. Auburn is easily one of the top two in the country, and if they beat Mizzou (which is a tall order in and of itself), they are the deserving school.

Like I said, it's obvious who deserves to play for the national championship. NOT Ohio State. WAR EAGLE!
  • vtmoon
    vtmoon Posts: 3,436 Member
    Options
    Hey mr. college football!
    Looks as if quite possibly an SEC team will NOT win. ")

Order will be restored after Ohio State loses to MSU.

It's just a matter of whether it's Auburn, Bama, or Missouri (puke).

I hope you put money on it!
  • xxghost
    xxghost Posts: 4,697 Member
    Options
    How about them Spartans?

1488187_10152095599194919_1266098576_n.jpg
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options
    Oklahoma has Alabama in the Sugar Bowl. I am not looking forward to that game....
  • oregonzoo
    oregonzoo Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    Is there anybody out there that doesn't believe the Southeastern Conference will win the national championship game again this year?

Looking for arguments against the S.E.C. winnng
    Good morning Mr. Football genius.
    How do you like them apples?
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options
    Oklahoma has Alabama in the Sugar Bowl. I am not looking forward to that game....

Just kidding...It was a good game ;)
  • willpowerbaby214
    Options
    I know I am suppost to want to keep the championship in the State. But as a Bama fan I can't complain about how the game went. They both played a good game... But with that said RTR!!!
  • wolverine66
    wolverine66 Posts: 3,779 Member
    Options
    Is there anybody out there that doesn't believe the Southeastern Conference will win the national championship game again this year?

Looking for arguments against the S.E.C. winnng
    Good morning Mr. Football genius.
    How do you like them apples?

this is one of many reasons why i like you so much
  • Danny_Boy13
    Danny_Boy13 Posts: 2,094 Member
    Options
    What a great title match last night. There for a while I though Auburn was going to just blow the game out the water but FSU made the proper adjustments and bam.... This game reminded me a lot of the title game that Texas won against USC. Both teams trading hits and the winning score coming in the final minute. WOW... this is why I love college football. It was apparent to me that there is more passion in the hearts of the players and fans in college sports. WHAT A GAME!!!
  • Danny_Boy13
    Danny_Boy13 Posts: 2,094 Member
    Options

Just kidding...It was a good game ;)

This game was one I was torn btwn... Being a UT fan I love seeing OU lose ... but I like it more seeing one of the SEC's top lose to the Big 12. I will always root for a Big 12 team as long as it does not hurt my team. Hook Em!!! \m/ Well played game Big Game Bob... Well played.
  • oregonzoo
    oregonzoo Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    What a great title match last night. There for a while I though Auburn was going to just blow the game out the water but FSU made the proper adjustments and bam.... This game reminded me a lot of the title game that Texas won against USC. Both teams trading hits and the winning score coming in the final minute. WOW... this is why I love college football. It was apparent to me that there is more passion in the hearts of the players and fans in college sports. WHAT A GAME!!!
    It was NICE to have a good match up and not some bloodbath.
  • Chain_Ring
    Chain_Ring Posts: 753 Member
    Options
    I think FSU will win.

SEC.....pfffft