• rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    forget the food.
    drink the booze
    call it a day.

cersei-wine-game-of-thrones.gif
    GOT for the win!

LOL, I"m pretty sure this is my exact facial expression when the drama starts. Fortunately, Thanksgivings have been very tame lately - and this year there will definitely be no drama.
    I am very thankful that in my family, there is pretty much no holiday drama. Or really any drama.

There's some in the man's family, but nothing that affects me directly and only when we go to his aunt's house, which we rarely do because it's too far to travel. He usually has to work Thursday and Friday. When we go to his mom's or my best friend's house, there's no drama.

I guess I'm one of the few who actually likes the people I'm related to. lol My gandfather's funeral last week -- except the eally sad parts -- was like a big party.
  • GreatSaltLuke
    GreatSaltLuke Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I'm a little stressed about this Thanksgiving as I just recently started tracking consistently and don't want to be derailed so soon. I think that it will be too hard to track everything I eat at the table so I'm going to try to limit myself to whatever I can fit on one plate and to eat really slowly and savor every bite so that it will seem like I'm eating more than I am. :)
  • Shannonthompson73
    Shannonthompson73 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Wine, turkey, mashed potatoes, stuffing, gravy, green bean casserole, rum carrots, sweet potatoes, jelled cranberry, black & green olives, pickles, dinner rolls, and pecan pie with ice cream
    All logged and not regretted! Cheers to portion control.
  • lporter229
    lporter229 Posts: 4,907 Member
    Options
    It's one day...I'm not going to worry about it...just like I didn't worry about it last year and still hit my goal BF% earlier than anticipated. Your health, nutrition, fitness, etc is not predicated on what you do for one day or a handful of special occasions throughout the year...it is predicated on what you're doing most of the time.

IMHO you should enjoy the day...give thanks for all of the blessings in your life and enjoy the time with your family and friends. Life is full of hustle and bustle, sometimes it's nice to just sit down with everyone and celebrate all that is good in our lives.

Also, there is such a thing as middle ground...all of these holiday posts (and they are abundant every year) assume one of two things...either you're going to restrict yourself and worry about counting every last calorie or you're just going to go flat out crazy and explode out of your stretchy pants...I just don't see why people can't enjoy their feast with some moderation. I've never been a fan of stuffing myself...never like the feeling. Yes, I will be consuming more calories that day than my maintenance but I won't be stuffed to the gills...and it's one day, it's not going to ruin anything or derail anything.

Couldn't agree more. You need to allow yourself some enjoyment. Nobody should be miserable on Thanksgiving because they are worried about what they can and can't eat. I plan to log it all, just because that's what I do by habit, but I don't expect it to be real accurate since I won't be weighing or measuring anything. Al plan to eat and drink what I want, but I don't intend to make myself sick either.
  • magerum
    magerum Posts: 12,589 Member
    Options
    Everything. I have a target of about 10,000 calories. Last year I fell short at about 7,000. That's only because I did all the eating in a 2 hour period...I wont make the same mistake this year. I'm going to eat all damn day.
  • GettingMooreInShape
    Options
    Thanksgiving isn't a huge deal in my family. I'll have my regular omelet breakfast, regular snacks of fruits, nuts, and veggies, and for our late Thanksgiving lunch:

Turkey (white and dark meat!)
    Stuffing
    Baked sweet potato
    Broccoli
    Cranberry salad
    Pumpkin Pie with whipped cream

I have never like mashed potatoes and gravy, so that's not a problem for me. Really thanksgiving doesn't have to be an extraordinary amount of calories. You can choose wisely and still make it work for you. But above all, enjoy the time with your family and friends!
  • MayaSPapaya
    MayaSPapaya Posts: 735 Member
    Options
    Whatever I want-I'm not going to worry about one day. Plus, I'm working Black Friday weekend (UGH) so I deserve to enjoy my Thanksgiving meal before slaving away. :drinker:
  • debrag12
    debrag12 Posts: 1,071 Member
    Options
    Moules - with Leffe Blonde beer, pancetta and shallots. Unfortunately they don't do calories only point out the under 600 dishes.

It's my birthday and we don't do thanksgiving in the UK.
  • DaveneGfit
    DaveneGfit Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    I am going to enjoy and plan to at least stay away from the high carb food. I may make a dairy free and wheat free pumpkin pie though :) I think the thing to do is enjoy and not get crazy about it, but don't go way over board and binge either.
  • rahlpn
    rahlpn Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    I will be logging nothing and eating everything.

THIS!
  • mmm_drop
    mmm_drop Posts: 1,126 Member
    Options
    ALL the food!
  • tibby531
    tibby531 Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    my sister is refusing to make a turkey, this year, so we'll be fonduing meats and stuff. I'm excited! still all the same, comforting sides. thankfully. :p
    what I'll be thankful for: not having to cook OR clean. ;)
  • ShaniWulffe
    ShaniWulffe Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    Honestly, I'm a very picky eater and a vegetarian, and my family has some, shall we say... Unique side dishes for the turkey. I always just bring a frozen Amy's veggie loaf meal and have a slice or two of pie
  • lysslax
    Options
    Running a Turkey trot (4.4) in the morning, limiting my calories leading up to the big meal, and then eating and drinking whatever I want. Hopefully I'll have saved enough calories Sun-Wed to allow myself ~2000 calories

Wine
    Turkey
    Stuffing
    Rolls
    Green bean casserole
    Cherry pie!! with canned cherries!! Idk why I love it so much!!

23724452.png
  • Shenzi03
    Shenzi03 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I'm excited to be hosting and making everything from scratch this year. Between all my recipes, I will be using 8 sticks of butter and 24 oz. of cream cheese! YUM!

THE MENU:

Traditional Roasted Turkey (with gravy from the drippings)
    Stuffing made with gizzards, liver, heart, etc. and turkey broth
    Creamy Mashed potatoes
    Green Beans Almondine
    Sweet potato, rosemary and cream cheese biscuits
    Perfect Pumpkin Pie
    Creamy Peach Dessert (Husband's grandma's ancient recipe)
    LOTS OF WINE/BEER

I also plan to wear stretchy pants to account for temporary weight gain! :-)
  • D_squareG
    D_squareG Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    Tofurkey.....That's great to know. I have a vegetarian coming for Thanksgiving. Is it good?
  • Meggles63
    Meggles63 Posts: 916 Member
    Options
    Get in mah belly! <<In other words, all the yummy Thanksgiving goodies :)
  • CheeksBryant
    CheeksBryant Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    Let's See, I'll be doing ALL the cooking and our menu is:
    Turkey
    Dressing
    Corn Casserole
    Crack Potatoes
    Sweet Potatoes
    Rolls
    Pecan Pie
    Ooey Gooey Butter Cake

I'll eat very little of prob everything! However, I do not eat breakfast at all on Thanksgiving (usually to busy cooking) and I'll still workout.
  • CheeksBryant
    CheeksBryant Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    It's one day...I'm not going to worry about it...just like I didn't worry about it last year and still hit my goal BF% earlier than anticipated. Your health, nutrition, fitness, etc is not predicated on what you do for one day or a handful of special occasions throughout the year...it is predicated on what you're doing most of the time.

IMHO you should enjoy the day...give thanks for all of the blessings in your life and enjoy the time with your family and friends. Life is full of hustle and bustle, sometimes it's nice to just sit down with everyone and celebrate all that is good in our lives.

Also, there is such a thing as middle ground...all of these holiday posts (and they are abundant every year) assume one of two things...either you're going to restrict yourself and worry about counting every last calorie or you're just going to go flat out crazy and explode out of your stretchy pants...I just don't see why people can't enjoy their feast with some moderation. I've never been a fan of stuffing myself...never like the feeling. Yes, I will be consuming more calories that day than my maintenance but I won't be stuffed to the gills...and it's one day, it's not going to ruin anything or derail anything.

^^ This
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    Tofurkey.....That's great to know. I have a vegetarian coming for Thanksgiving. Is it good?

if you don't' eat meat why are you trying to replace a meat dish with fake meat?

I don't understand this concept.