Black Friday - whatcha doin'? whereya goin'?

Replies

• ChrisM32205
    ChrisM32205 Posts: 218 Member
    Staying home and relaxing. I don't need to go out spending money I don't have on crap I don't need :)
  • TheRealParisLove
    TheRealParisLove Posts: 1,907 Member
    Heck yes! I missed Black Friday shopping last year because I was in a small town in the middle of nowhere.

Will be in Salt Lake City so likely hitting one of the malls there, Best Buy, Target, Victoria Secret and either ****'s or Sports Authority. Have nothing in particular I want to buy, but I'm sure I'll stumble across some good deals for Christmas stuff - though I usually can't get past buying stuff for myself.

I shop at D!ck's Sporting Goods all the time! It's funny that MFP censored this proper noun. LOL!
  • mjharman
    mjharman Posts: 251 Member
    Why is it called "Black" Friday?

That's racist.

:huh: Its called Black Friday because, supposedly, it is the day when stores start operating in the black...at a profit...no longer in the red.

So you see, it has nothing at all to do with race. We are allowed to use the color names black, yellow, white, and red...or even purple, orange, green, and magenta, without it having anything at all to do with the color of our skin. :yawn:
  • TheRealParisLove
    TheRealParisLove Posts: 1,907 Member
    Why is it called "Black" Friday?

That's racist.

Black is the color of the ink on the spreadsheet. It has nothing to do with race.
  • sweet_blasphemy
    sweet_blasphemy Posts: 129 Member
    i'm going to work. 8am-8pm and i actually have absolutely NO problem with that because it will be the first Black Friday in my adult life that i'm not working in retail! :drinker:

Had to be at my mall job 11pm Thanksgiving night last year and would've had to be there 7pm this year... EFFFF THAT!
  • Sweet_Potato
    Sweet_Potato Posts: 1,119 Member
    I'll be relaxing at my parents' house, knitting Christmas presents instead of standing in line for them!
  • airdale8263
    airdale8263 Posts: 2,155 Member
    Sleeping in if I can. Gym later before it closes.
    No shopping!!!
  • Dino_bacon2112
    Dino_bacon2112 Posts: 341 Member
    I went out to get a taco one time on Black Friday. I thought I was going to die. If I want takeout, I'll order pizza or Chinese food and stay inside where I know I'll live.
  • rungirl1973
    rungirl1973 Posts: 2,559 Member
    Black Friday is my 40th birthday this year.

:sad:
  • MysteriousMerlin
    MysteriousMerlin Posts: 2,270 Member
    I'll be at work. Never mind the fact that I've been here 15 years and someone with 1-2 years of time gets it off. Nope. I'd rather work, yay! :indifferent:
  • emjaycazz
    emjaycazz Posts: 330 Member
    Gonna go to amazon.com and buy a 5 lb. bag of sugarless gummy bears. :bigsmile:
  • coolraul07
    coolraul07 Posts: 1,606 Member
    Gonna go to amazon.com and buy a 5 lb. bag of sugarless gummy bears. :bigsmile:
    Sugar-free Haribo's! For when a lump of coal in the stocking just won't suffice...
  • KendleX
    KendleX Posts: 275 Member
    Wake up hung over, turn on the TV to laugh at the people standing outside in 5 degree weather, maybe make a turkey 'sandvich', take a nap..... Wake up to the sound of the garage door..... wife walks in from standing outside in 5 degree weather for 4 hours.
  • Muddy_Yogi
    Muddy_Yogi Posts: 1,459 Member
    Wake up hung over, turn on the TV to laugh at the people standing outside in 5 degree weather, maybe make a turkey 'sandvich', take a nap..... Wake up to the sound of the garage door..... wife walks in from standing outside in 5 degree weather for 4 hours.

WHATEVER I will NOT be standing in 5 degree weather it will be 15 ish.
  • BlueBombers
    BlueBombers Posts: 4,064 Member
    I'm going shopping but I live in Canada so it's not quite as chaotic as in the US.

Hopefully finishing my Christmas shopping.
  • digitalbill
    digitalbill Posts: 1,410 Member
    I have only done black friday one time.
    It was with Best Buy and I was # 12 in line. It really wans't too bad. We had a card table and we played board games with other people in line.
    Once things got a little confusing so I took a pad of paper from my car and started to write numbers on it 1-30.
    Handed them out to the people in front of me, myself, and passed them on back. It really came in helpful around 10:00PM when people tried to cut in line "Hey, where is your number?"
    Oh.. you lost it but you are number six?
    The guy right behind you has the number six. Get outta here.

Anyway, Best Buy has the doorbuster stuff and what they do is they come around and, starting with the first person, they have slips of paper for the item of your choice. Naturally it is normally the big screen TV for really cheap so, they have X amount of slips and, one by one, they give them to those who want them starting at the front.
    And once the doors open, they only let in 50 people at a time.
    I would totally do it again if there was something I REALLY wanted.
    This year however; the only thing I want is a new radio for my Jeep. I will wait until Cyber Monday for that.
  • PBsMommy
    PBsMommy Posts: 1,166 Member
    Black Friday has always been as much as family time as Turkey day for my sis, my mom, and me.

Last year we woke up at 3AM, the year before that we started at like 8 Thanksgiving day. We will be starting at 6PM on Thanksgiving this year.

True Story: I got stabbed with a plastic spork at Wal-mart over some moon sand...
  • smantha32
    smantha32 Posts: 6,990 Member
    Staying at home, away from crazy people trying to get "deals".

Have you ever been in a store during a black friday sale? It always looks like the place exploded. Everything is lying everywhere and you can't find anything anyway.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,865 Member
    Also, I get way to smashed on Thanksgiving to be getting up at some ungodly hour and then have to be around that many people on top of it all.
  • gmthisfeller
    gmthisfeller Posts: 779 Member
    Snoozing! Then up for my daily run. Then snoozing!