"Regular Women" in Lingerie....Opinions?

Options

Replies

• norcal_yogi
    norcal_yogi Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    Meh, I don't like it. It seems to me they are saying if you are in shape, or thin then you aren't "regular". Maybe if they showed women of all body types.

exactly
  • ItsCasey
    ItsCasey Posts: 4,022 Member
    Options
    Personally, I'd be happy to live the rest of my life without anyone describing me as "regular." I can't think of a less flattering adjective.
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    Personally, I'd be happy to live the rest of my life without anyone describing me as "regular." I can't think of a less flattering adjective.

I'd love to be called normal... I mean... regular... Just once. ONCE!

Even_more_crying.gif
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options
    Never mind. Now I feel dumb because no one else is doing it.
  • smittybuilt19
    smittybuilt19 Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    It's on now!
  • TheGymGypsy
    TheGymGypsy Posts: 1,023 Member
    Options
    When do fake boobs make anyone less of a "real woman" anyway?
  • Lily_Rose
    Lily_Rose Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Glorifying obesity and alienating women with smaller body types. Really inspirational. Thanks Huff Post!

That seems to be the new thing now. When you think about it, people who take care of themselves are the minority. Hell, a lot of the times it is frowned upon. "You don't need to eat that, you are already thin", but they don't think that the reason you are thin is because you are eating "that" and not junk.

Agreed! Same with exercise. I'm told that I don't need to exercise so much because I'm already healthy (I don't even think I do exercise a lot). It seems to escape people that I'm healthy because I exercise. It drives me crazy.
  • ElliottTN
    ElliottTN Posts: 1,614 Member
    Options
  • jlbeals
    jlbeals Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Claiming something is degrading skinniness in today's photoshop society sounds, quite frankly, a little....weird to me.

Skinny is obviously what everyone is told they have to be in order to be attractive (health benefits aside - obviously; since I'm here and you should be able to tell by my ticker that I believe strongly in healthy change). Saying they're discriminating against thin people with this is kind of like the people who are saying the rich white male is in danger of losing his rights if everyone else gets equality. Um...no - not in the current American cultural environment.

The privileged/idealized few aren't made lesser by a celebration of a different group of people. I don't care if we're talking about a gay pride parade or black history month (and i'm neither homosexual or African American); also I'm fairly sure the 'regular' in the title was meant to reference the non-lingerie models out there - which is pretty much 99% of women no matter how fit we are;.that's what I took from the statement about plus sized models still being models. Did they chose the least model-y images for their ad to increase the impact of the message? Probably - that's what marketing/journalism is supposed to do.

I don't want to generalize, but I think we can all agree that the modeling industry is a pretty competitive career track that probably leads some people to participate in fairly unhealthy practices to stay within a very narrow, sometimes unrealistic, set of physical parameters and then enhances the illusion of perfection beyond what is actually physically possible with an inordinate amount of retouching and airbrushing. Is promoting impossibilities as the gold standard of attractiveness really worse than letting obese people into a lingerie ad?

Just my two cents.
  • JustAboutDelicious_wechanged
    Options
    I'm sad. I really thought this is where I was supposed to post my lingerie shots since I'm just an average, everyday woman. I'll just blow up my FL's inboxes because these pics are burning a hole in my send finger.
  • judyde
    judyde Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    These aren't regular women...they found the biggest ones and are trying to make it seem like that's the new normal.

I think by "regular" they mean "typical." With 2/3 of the population overweight, sadly, these women are "typical".
  • IPAkiller
    IPAkiller Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    JustAboutDelicious Wrote:
    I'm sad. I really thought this is where I was supposed to post my lingerie shots since I'm just an average, everyday woman. I'll just blow up my FL's inboxes because these pics are burning a hole in my send finger.
    HALLELUJAH!!!
    28544-Hugh-jackman-hallelujah-gif-CLN8.gif
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options

Do it.
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options

Wait what? Are you my friend? Hm.
  • kyleekay10
    kyleekay10 Posts: 1,812 Member
    Options
    Oh. I thought this would be 'average' sized women (You know, size 6-8-10-12? The often over looked 'inbetween' sizes? Because you're either teeny tiny or large, but that middle ground can't get so much as an acknowledgement let alone a lingerie campaign) but it's actually women on the larger size. I see.

Average sized chicks, forgotten again. /kicks rocks

This.

Let's do our own photoshoot. :bigsmile:
  • the_oncomingstorm
    Options

Friend request sent
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options
    Oh. I thought this would be 'average' sized women (You know, size 6-8-10-12? The often over looked 'inbetween' sizes? Because you're either teeny tiny or large, but that middle ground can't get so much as an acknowledgement let alone a lingerie campaign) but it's actually women on the larger size. I see.

This.

Could be fun. Average sized woman pin up thread? So much potential!
  • kyleekay10
    kyleekay10 Posts: 1,812 Member
    Options

This.

That would be super cool, actually.

Hmm.

Too bad I doubt it'd be allowed on the forums as its own thread.
  • 2Heavy2Long
    2Heavy2Long Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    Never mind. Now I feel dumb because no one else is doing it.

What did I miss? :sad:
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options

This.

That would be super cool, actually.

Hmm.

Too bad I doubt it'd be allowed on the forums as its own thread.

What if we call it fitspo/lable it 'average body acceptance awareness'? There is literally nothing to celebrate 'in between sizes'. Its time we had our day!