Only Eggs - 1050Cal a day diet - Your Opinion!!

Hi guys well am here fr taking some opinions

Well leme start by tellin off that I have a target of 10kgs in next 73Days...I have to lose it anyhow...coz there is a marriage to attend and I waana log fab instead of fat in front of my relatives who havnt seen me fr past 2months wen I lost 10kgs already..

so here am I...I am plannin fr a diet wich consist 6eggs and 200gm of bread in a day ONLY...making it ~1050cal

Should I go fr it??...I have pulled it off before too but nt continuously. ...wat r uall opinion??..my BMR is ~2200...and my body needs roughly 2750cal a day....so I know I can pull off fr 45days if I wanna.jst wanna know u guys opinion about it...

Replies

• _KitKat_
    _KitKat_ Posts: 1,066 Member
    The reply's to this should get interesting....and NO i do not think this would be smart for innumerable reasons.
  • Rhozelyn
    Rhozelyn Posts: 201 Member
    Drastic and ill-fated idea. Eggs can be bad for cholesterol and you could end up with kidney stones, gall stones or high cholesterol. Nutritionally you could end up with all sorts of deficiencies. Psychologically you might not keep it up and end up overeating to compensate and gaining back the 10 kg or more. Life is about making mistakes and learning and if you really are hell bent on doing this then nobody can stop you. You can hopefully learn from your own mistakes.
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    It sounds miserable and short on micronutrients to me.
  • AllonsYtotheTardis
    AllonsYtotheTardis Posts: 16,947 Member
    I would advise against it.
  • JesterMFP
    JesterMFP Posts: 3,596 Member
    Bad idea. Not enough calories, and not enough of a range of nutrients. Not to mention, not really a sustainable way of eating. If you lose a lot of lean mass by drastically undereating, you're not (in my opinion) going to look particularly fab in front of your relatives.
  • AnninStPaul
    AnninStPaul Posts: 1,372 Member
    No. Just No.
  • Holly_Roman_Empire
    Holly_Roman_Empire Posts: 4,440 Member
    :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Oh wait, this is a serious question?
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    The answer to one extreme is ALWAYS another extreme.

Always.
  • willdob3
    willdob3 Posts: 640 Member
    While whole eggs are very healthy for us your plan is not a healthy one, OP. I'm pretty sure you already knew it when you posted. There are a few reasons.
  • That sounds pretty unhealthy, but also super miserable. 1050 calories is less than half your BMR, and trying to do that for 45 days will just make you feel crappy and tired all the time, if nothing worse. Also, eating just eggs and bread you'll be missing out on some nutrients that those things don't have.

Also, with such an extreme low calorie and low variety diet you success is improbable. Maybe you have willpower of steel, but I think most people would quit that diet before too long because it just seems like it sucks. It's not sustainable. And when you go off that ridiculous diet, you'll just gain the weight back.
  • Do not fall for those kinds of diets!!! The people who come up with these have no idea what being healthy is.
    1.) We need different food groups to be healthy, to get nutrients and other health benefits. Eating that many eggs is not good. You need veggies and fruit and many other things to be balanced and healthy
    2.) You can't sustain this. In my opinion it's better to choose a meal plan at least somewhat close to what you will be eating for the rest of your life because once you are off the diet you will be lost as what to do from there and more likely to gain the weight back.
    3. WHY would you do that diet ever when you can lose weight eating a variety of healthy foods?? Eating eggs all day would be boring as heck!!

Please lose weight in a healthy way :) Look through the forum and see what other people are doing. They are eating what they love and getting great results!! You can also ask me for advice. I'm not super educated but I know some healthy tips :)
  • Phoenix_Warrior
    Phoenix_Warrior Posts: 1,633 Member
    I can smell it now
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    I can smell it now

Oh god.
  • BlueBombers
    BlueBombers Posts: 4,065 Member
    Would I recommend it? No.
  • SteveJWatson
    SteveJWatson Posts: 1,225 Member
    As much as I love me an egg (I have three a day) this is wrong.

Also: Constipation.
  • howardheilweil
    howardheilweil Posts: 603 Member
    Hi guys well am here fr taking some opinions

Well leme start by tellin off that I have a target of 10kgs in next 73Days...I have to lose it anyhow...coz there is a marriage to attend and I waana log fab instead of fat in front of my relatives who havnt seen me fr past 2months wen I lost 10kgs already..

so here am I...I am plannin fr a diet wich consist 6eggs and 200gm of bread in a day ONLY...making it ~1050cal

Should I go fr it??...I have pulled it off before too but nt continuously. ...wat r uall opinion??..my BMR is ~2200...and my body needs roughly 2750cal a day....so I know I can pull off fr 45days if I wanna.jst wanna know u guys opinion about it...
    How many keys are you missing on your keyboard?
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Um, no.
  • rb16fitness
    rb16fitness Posts: 236 Member
    Troll, stay under your bridge! :explode:
  • qtgonewild
    qtgonewild Posts: 1,930 Member
    EGGS!!! :)
  • heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    You gonna wear a scale on you back with last weigh-in displayed, and a sign with starting weight, for all to see?

Or are you gonna be looked at?

Does it matter to you if everyone said, "wow, you lost a lot of weight", but you didn't lose any actual weight, only fat, from now until then?
    I'll tell you, even better to say "not really" and then they look confused trying to figure out why they are wrong and why you look the way you do.
    Then you tell them "lifting".

Lift heavy either 3 x full body weekly or 4 x split routine, with minor 1/2 lb week deficit so body has the best chance to make the most changes. Too much deficit and it won't have the raw materials to make those changes.
    Walk 1 hr between lifting days if 3 x weekly, 1/2 hr daily if split routine.

Those changes will use up the majority of food eaten, meaning you burn fat more often through the day during repair.

Fat will show up more than weight anyway.
This discussion has been closed.