Only Eggs - 1050Cal a day diet - Your Opinion!!

Replies

• Why!? Sounds boring. There is so much else you can eat to get those calories. Also, its still important to be healthy. Are those enough calories for you?
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    my prob is that I somehow manage to overeat

Somehow.
  • TheSlorax
    TheSlorax Posts: 2,401 Member
    if you plan on getting any action at the wedding I would advise against this.
  • mortuseon
    mortuseon Posts: 579 Member
    Thats wt I said should I go fr alternative day diet??...coz my prob is that I somehow manage to overeat and I hate it ...thats y I m plannin fr somethin repetitive or alternative....so 1 day egg and another day chicken or fish...

If you end up overeating when you're logging, you'll probably just end up cheating on the egg diet as well. Weigh your food, log your calories, plan your meals, exercise if possible and make a deficit. The monodiet will set you up for failure, and one day on one day off sounds like you're already planning to cheat. Plan meals ahead but eat a BALANCED diet
  • Mr_Knight
    Mr_Knight Posts: 9,532 Member
    so here am I...I am plannin fr a diet wich consist 6eggs and 200gm of bread in a day ONLY...making it ~1050cal

I'd rather shoot myself in the head.

That said, assuming it's a quality bread, it's a heck of a lot better than most other Loonie Bin diets I've seen over the years. Eggs are a fantastic source of fat and protein and nutrients, and the bread will provide quality carbs and some fibre.

But the monotony of it...oh lordie...
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,943 Member
    Hi guys well am here fr taking some opinions

Well leme start by tellin off that I have a target of 10kgs in next 73Days...I have to lose it anyhow...coz there is a marriage to attend and I waana log fab instead of fat in front of my relatives who havnt seen me fr past 2months wen I lost 10kgs already..

so here am I...I am plannin fr a diet wich consist 6eggs and 200gm of bread in a day ONLY...making it ~1050cal

Should I go fr it??...I have pulled it off before too but nt continuously. ...wat r uall opinion??..my BMR is ~2200...and my body needs roughly 2750cal a day....so I know I can pull off fr 45days if I wanna.jst wanna know u guys opinion about it...

Why in the heck would you want to do a diet, much less a diet of bread and eggs only? That sounds like it would get old real fast.

Are you sure you have a BMR of 2200? That seems kinda high, as does a TDEE of 2750. If you eat 1050 calories is half of your BMR, as you state it, thus you could be doing some damage to your body. Sure, you'll lose weight but you'll probably inherit other problems as well.

I don't know how much you have to lose, but you need to cut your TDEE by about 10-20$ or thereabouts and eat that amount of calories and eat a well balanced diet.

Crash diets don't pay off in the end.
  • Cindyinpg
    Cindyinpg Posts: 3,902 Member
    The anal air your *kitten* is going to expel is going to be something special.
    To clarify: not special in a unicorn, rainbows and jelly beans kinda way either.
  • Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    So if we hear about a gas explosion in the news can we assume it's you?? :wink:
  • I think everyone answered you question! ......... Just get a tight body shaper, and run daily... you will get down temp. Also, you can get one of those body wraps helps with the water weight... Just be yourself, smile and yo uwill see ... its who you are as a person and who cares what they say about you...
  • bumblebreezy91
    bumblebreezy91 Posts: 520 Member
    I hope you don't have roommates, pets, or a significant other living with you. That's going to burn some eyebrows and singe some nostrils. Also, it's under 1200 calories for the day and consists of two foods total, so it's not sustainable at all. Why would you want to do this anyways?
  • bookworm_847
    bookworm_847 Posts: 1,903 Member
    You gonna wear a scale on you back with last weigh-in displayed, and a sign with starting weight, for all to see?

Or are you gonna be looked at?

Does it matter to you if everyone said, "wow, you lost a lot of weight", but you didn't lose any actual weight, only fat, from now until then?
    I'll tell you, even better to say "not really" and then they look confused trying to figure out why they are wrong and why you look the way you do.
    Then you tell them "lifting".

Lift heavy either 3 x full body weekly or 4 x split routine, with minor 1/2 lb week deficit so body has the best chance to make the most changes. Too much deficit and it won't have the raw materials to make those changes.
    Walk 1 hr between lifting days if 3 x weekly, 1/2 hr daily if split routine.

Those changes will use up the majority of food eaten, meaning you burn fat more often through the day during repair.

Fat will show up more than weight anyway.
    This is such awesome advice. :heart:

I agree!

The egg plan does not sound healthy or fun.
  • Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Thats wt I said should I go fr alternative day diet??...coz my prob is that I somehow manage to overeat and I hate it ...thats y I m plannin fr somethin repetitive or alternative....so 1 day egg and another day chicken or fish...

Exercise some control and just eat a moderate deficit. Don't kill yourself with FADS or extreme dieting methods. Think about your health, not just the number on the scale. You don't need any special foods or exercises. All you need is a calorie deficit and some self-restraint.
  • QuietBloom
    QuietBloom Posts: 5,413 Member
    Your body needs more to live on than two kinds of food (eggs and bread). Eat vegetables, fruits, dairy, whatever you want. Eat them in moderation and use MFP to set yourself up with a reasonable deficit (losing 1 lb a week is the most effective if you have more than 20lbs to lose).
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,472 Member
    do you let off stinky farts?
  • getfitformeee
    getfitformeee Posts: 65 Member
    This whole thread should be in a humor forum. All of it!!! Stinky farts, Somalian prisons :smokin:, missing keys on the keyboard, unicorn jelly beans, nuclear explosions, trolls under the bridge .... I can't.... stop... laughing!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :laugh:

Can we just add a theme song now? ...I love EGGS! From my head down to my leggggs! Gotta love it, the incredible, edible EGG!!!!

P.S. In my opinion, this is an awful way to lose weight. I don't understand this diet at all. Try something else... best of luck to you!
  • _HeartsOnFire_
    _HeartsOnFire_ Posts: 5,304 Member
    No. Just No.
  • twinketta
    twinketta Posts: 2,130 Member
    Why not just chop off a limb and save all those eggs...

You are only 18 yo get exercising and eat properly..make a proper change in your life
  • deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    green-eggs-and-ham.jpg?w=300&h=406
  • Confuzzled4ever
    Confuzzled4ever Posts: 2,860 Member
    egg farts...

that is all..

LMAO
This discussion has been closed.