Beyond starting over

Options

Replies

• dumparump
    dumparump Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    this reminds me of one of my favorite motivational quotes...

"If you're tired of starting over--stop giving up"

Good luck to you this time!
  • LittleSister
    LittleSister Posts: 207 Member
    Options

Good thing I was nuts at the time or I might have been upset. :)

Best line of the day!!! Thank you! Yes, they're just numbers, aren't they? 30 years ago I almost threw the scales across the room because they topped 140. I couldn't believe I had become such a cow.

Wish I could go back in time and slap some sense into myself. What was I thinking?
  • LittleSister
    Options
    Been up and down over these many years, salicylate has been a complicating factor for me. I have so far to go that I have an historic under bust measurement and an approximate weight end goal. I log every day, weigh occasionally now. I am descending on a gentle slope at last. I have realised I have never known what it is to be me with an incredibly low level of salicylate in my system.

I know what I expected to look like at 14 7 lb, but this time the clothes I wore 3 years ago were decidedly slack on me.

All the best

Fuzzipeg, I had to google salicytate to understand what you must have gone through!
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    welcome back.

look forward, learn from your mistakes in the past and apply them to what you do today and tomorrow.
  • LittleSister
    Options
    Thank you, Meshashesha! Wise words.
  • Joanne_happygramma
    Joanne_happygramma Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    My first time on MFP but not a stranger to starting over and over, been there done that have the t-shirt (s) in every size. Doing my best to not add another t-shirt to my collection unless it's a size medium.
  • elzapote1
    Options
    you are not alone
    i am starting too
    this is my second day
  • Boogga2013
    Options
    Hey all, I've just started this get fit thing. I have a huge belly. Any special tips on actively removing the mass lard from this region? Thankyou!....And I think the app for the iphone is really good!
  • saniyah1
    saniyah1 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Welcome back! Day 5 for me and I'm starting over too from 9 months ago. Gained it back fast, I didn't like logging in but I'm here to start fresh again, it's a life time process I see. Good luck and stay <3.
    :heart:
  • Rachelc1992
    Rachelc1992 Posts: 246 Member
    Options

You know what's hard about starting over? Having to lose weight to get back to a point that you used to consider unacceptably over weight.

It's like I have to lose weight before I can start losing weight. It's like starting a race, but having to go a few blocks away from the starting line.

THIS IS EXACTLY HOW I AM FEELING!!
    And it's making me feel crap. It's nice to know there are other people. I have gained 2 stone in the last year , on top of an already not that great weight! I just need some motivation and 'you can do it!'

We can both do it :)!! The first step is the hardest x
  • Bnewman410
    Options
    Welcome Back!!! I'm glad you have made to the choice to make some changes and all I'm very glad that it looks like your going to get a ton of support! WTG, MFP friends :)

Love to help you through... friends?
  • LittleSister
    Options
    Thanks, ALL of you! You're splendid!!

I'm happy to report that I feel a little better now. I've had 3 days of logging my food. 2 of those days, I stayed under my limit. One day I went over, but not by as far as I had thought. Logging helped me isolate where I could improve. I'm getting used to the idea. I also removed the ticker from my sig file - I want to have lost at least a pound before I have to keep looking at that thing - ha!

I also dug out my old posts from 4 yrs ago. I had some great advice. Guess I should start following it again!

What a nice group here.
  • JNettie73
    JNettie73 Posts: 1,208 Member
    Options
    I can completely relate. I recently started over after being MIA for approximately a year. I did find though my second time around it was a lot easier to get into the swing of things than my first time. I hope you find the same.

Best of luck to you! :flowerforyou:
  • WonStepAtaTime
    WonStepAtaTime Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    sending friend request. You have just said everything I feel.:sad: I am currently at 262 and I felt 180 (when I got married) was an unacceptable weight for me. Three pregnancies later and a sedentary lifestyle got me where I am today. I have made the choice to no longer give in to excuses and get my body moving! (even if it is a slow start. Any movement is an improvement from the indentation I have been working on in my sofa. lol
    I would enjoy being a part of your support team in your current journey and would love to have you in my corner as well. There's just something about having people who know what you're going through helping, encouraging, and listening along the way. We can do this! We're worth it! :wink:
  • LittleSister
    Options
    JNettie, you're right! Even 3 days into it, I'm finding it easier than last time.
  • LittleSister
    Options
    WonStepAta - thanks for the friend request! And congrats on your pounds lost!

You're right, we are worth it!!!
  • Saribear200
    Saribear200 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I relate to this post completely right now! I'm starting over at a higher weight and it sucks :/ I'm trying to get back into the mindset of this is a lifestyle, not a quick fix. If I want to lose weight I'll need to do it healthfully and START NOW! No more "Tomorrow I'll start my diet".
    Good luck, I know you can do it!
  • LittleSister
    Options
    Yes, Saribear, let's DO THIS THING!! :-)
  • jemimasmum
    jemimasmum Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    oh soo true.
    I will weigh in tomorrow for the first time in a fortnight. That's the fortnight I took off because I'd eaten like a fool for the previous fortnight and thought I'd get my head back in focus. So much for that!
    I know I'm going to have to reset my ticker...again.. it used to say 23 pounds gone, by tomorrow it'll be about 15 and I'll be starting from even further behind the line. If I was Usain Bolt this wouldn't be a problem, sadly I'm not and there's no prospect of a sprint to the line anytime soon.
    If kicking myself was an Olympic sport I'd be a champ, just feel a bit of a chump at the moment.
    Into the starting blocks tomorrow then, please cheer for me as I stagger towards the finish!
  • LittleSister
    Options

If kicking myself was an Olympic sport I'd be a champ, just feel a bit of a chump at the moment.
    Into the starting blocks tomorrow then, please cheer for me as I stagger towards the finish!

Ha! Isn't that the truth!!!!! I'd take home so many medals in that sport!

Good luck with your weigh in.