What is your actual TDEE?

Options
12345679»

Replies

• QuietBloom
    QuietBloom Posts: 5,413 Member
    Options
    When I first participated in this thread, I was confused. I thought we were not including calories burned through exercise. I have now used the Scooby calculator and my TDEE-15% is 2118. This IS more than I have been eating, but not by a lot. I am hoping that the extra fuel will help my workouts be more productive. Since I have actually very little if any to lose, I'm not afraid to up my cals and see what happens and make adjustments as needed at the end of a month.

Thanks for this thread! *thumbs up*
  • LiftAllThePizzas
    LiftAllThePizzas Posts: 17,857 Member
    Options
    I think this expects a degree of accuracy which just isn't possible. Your scales aren't that accurate, your calories eaten will not be exact, the 3500 is an approximation.
    If your approximations are consistent then your resulting number will be a lot more useful (and calibrated to your particular inaccuracies) than some number generated on an online calculator. I don't think anyone expects it to be accurate to 27 digits.
  • MinimalistShoeAddict
    MinimalistShoeAddict Posts: 1,946 Member
    Options
    The math is even easier for those who are in maintenance mode.

For example, right now my weight is exactly the same as it was on January 1st.

Therefore my average TDEE = my average daily caloric intake from 1/1/13 through 12/17/13
  • briniepoo
    briniepoo Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    bump