random post..do men prefer long or short..

Options

Replies

• charliex2202
    charliex2202 Posts: 4,281 Member
    Options
    ...I've ended a relationship before with someone who tried to do the pixie thing. Just completely unappealing to me...

Wow. That doesn't sound like much of a relationship. Hair grows back, ya know? :frown:

Meh, girlfriends/boyfriends are made to be fired until they are not.

If I was completely unattracted to someone then why waste time being with them? Even if it grew back in record time I don't know if I'd be attracted to her again. She kinda looked like an Asian boy with lady parts when she did that. I can't bounce back from that.
    Oh man.. Am I a bad person for totally laughing at this????
    :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

:laugh: :laugh: then i guess im in the bad club too lol....

but i think us women are the same my ex shaved his head and when he did i hated it i mean he looked like a jug with his ears sticking out and everything....
  • ThePlight
    ThePlight Posts: 3,593 Member
    Options
    ...I've ended a relationship before with someone who tried to do the pixie thing. Just completely unappealing to me...

Wow. That doesn't sound like much of a relationship. Hair grows back, ya know? :frown:

If I was completely unattracted to someone then why waste time being with them? Even if it grew back in record time I don't know if I'd be attracted to her again. She kinda looked like an Asian boy with lady parts when she did that. I can't bounce back from that.

but i think us women are the same my ex shaved his head and when he did i hated it i mean he looked like a jug with his ears sticking out and everything....
    OH MY GOD.
    My fiance did that... This is how I felt:

7937edf5325463432c0e031b8b365b0e.png
    That's from Clueless, when Murray shaves off his hair she goes "I'm the one that has to look at you! That's it, I'm calling your mother!" and she storms off hahaha.

I felt just like that lmao.
  • charliex2202
    Options

OH MY GOD.
    My fiance did that... This is how I felt:

7937edf5325463432c0e031b8b365b0e.png
    That's from Clueless, when Murray shaves off his hair she goes "I'm the one that has to look at you! That's it, I'm calling your mother!" and she storms off hahaha.

I felt just like that lmao.

LMAO oh yeah i think my reaction was the same, i mean dont get me wrong their are some guys that look sexier with a shaved head but my ex just looked like a jug, u could pick him up by his ears they stood out that much ....thank god for hats!
  • millerll
    millerll Posts: 873 Member
    Options
    I have long hair - really long hair - long enough to sit on. From my experience, men definitely prefer it. I get lots of comments on it from both men and women. But it is a commitment. It takes a lot of time to keep it in good health. And it gets in the way a lot, which is why many women with really long hair wear it up or braided.

I agree with the previous poster who talked about the charities. Many are not reputable, and you really have to do your research before you donate your hair. And why do people ask if you're going to donate your hair, then get all offended when you say no? I didn't grow my hair to donate it - I grew it because I like it. Are you going to donate a kidney? Why not? You can live with one kidney, right? OK, maybe an extreme example, but you get my point.

And I don't speak for everyone, but anyone who pulls my hair gets my wrath, whether it's during sex or not. God, I hate that! It's not a bell-pull, OK? People have no boundaries around long hair. It's like pregnant women's bellies. People think they can just walk up to you and touch your hair. It happens in the grocery store checkout line, at the mall, at social gatherings. People just walk up and stroke it like I'm a damn exhibit in a petting zoo. Stop doing that! :angry: It's annoying, and an invasion of my personal space. Plus, I don't know where your hands have been. :sick:

As to age, I'm 51, and according to popular wisdom, I'm way past the age when women should have long hair. I don't care. I like it. I'll cut it when the time is right. Yeah, I know I look kinda like an aging hippie, but I'm OK with that for now. For the record, in my 20s I cut my hair very short, and it looked awful on me. But some women look great with short hair. I'm not one of them.

If you want some inspiration or just like long hair, check out the Long Hair Community online. Either way, wear your hair the way it suits your looks and lifestyle.
  • charliex2202
    Options
    Lol no one goes around stroking my hair and actually if they did I dont think I would mind tbh but im the kind of person that loves having my hair touched or brushed etc...I think again its just preference....and wow your hair sounds incredibly long mine sits just abouve my butt I think personally that is long enough as sooner or later im gonna start shuttin it in the car door etc lol ouch!
  • ThePlight
    ThePlight Posts: 3,593 Member
    Options
    Just adding a little bit of dreads to the thread.

363cba61b0624f462c00625aa1d2569f.png

8ba7c8dea917f0e3e313eda445c27b05.png

d2efb32f17f8701ae0b129744fc31e6b.png
    (omg, I want her top!! Not a fan of blue, but that's a gorgeous top haha).
  • NeonHeartz444
    Options
    I like long hair, Just saying even though I'm not a guy. Though some chicks can pull off the short hair. :)
  • Tatonka_usn
    Tatonka_usn Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    The wife and I have a deal.....she'll keep her's long, as long as I don't grow MINE out (as I had in college). I'm good with that :wink: :laugh:
  • apedeb09
    apedeb09 Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    My husband loves long hair... which is good because my hair goes down to my butt.. I am so ready to cut it though!
  • jlgobert
    jlgobert Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    very interesting that I am in such a small percent, but I love short hair, not shaved, but short. It looks more carfree, I can see the beauty in the womans face. It's easier for many woman to maintain short hair which is a plus to me becasue I get up wipe my head and im ready, why shuold i want my wife to struggle with long hair. Plus I just think its beautiful. Jennifer lawrence, Halle berry, jennifer anniston for many years kept fairly short hair. Now by short I am thinking from pixi cut to just above the shoulder, shoulder length and beyond is long to me. My favorite is the pixi cut. My wife has a short afro style cut and while I was not carzy about it at first the reality is she is beautiful and its all I care about.
  • wannabpiper
    wannabpiper Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    My hair is so thick and heavy that I look stupid with short hair. After many years in the military, having to wear it short because it took so much work to keep the short stuff off the "bottom edge of my collar", I won't ever cut my hair again. I'm 54 years old, and as long as I keep the front pulled back, I haven't had the "hag" appearance yet. Now I know why little old ladies wear little buns:smile:
  • charliex2202
    Options
    very interesting that I am in such a small percent, but I love short hair, not shaved, but short. It looks more carfree, I can see the beauty in the womans face. It's easier for many woman to maintain short hair which is a plus to me becasue I get up wipe my head and im ready, why shuold i want my wife to struggle with long hair. Plus I just think its beautiful. Jennifer lawrence, Halle berry, jennifer anniston for many years kept fairly short hair. Now by short I am thinking from pixi cut to just above the shoulder, shoulder length and beyond is long to me. My favorite is the pixi cut. My wife has a short afro style cut and while I was not carzy about it at first the reality is she is beautiful and its all I care about.

love this post :)
  • angie007az
    angie007az Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    My husband likes it long, so do I. I've tried short and I personally didn't care for it. That said, I think some people grow it way too long. It's like having those fingernails that are an inch long... gross.
  • greenmonstergirl
    greenmonstergirl Posts: 619 Member
    Options
    24" and counting...hehe

All my life I had short hair...why didn't I ever grow it out before!?!? I love my long hair!
  • MiloBloom83
    MiloBloom83 Posts: 2,723 Member
    Options
    Long or short isn't as important as whether or not a can pull a big handful :flowerforyou:
  • dga226
    dga226 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    i like both but my wife total rocks her short hair style i told her i love it and glad she is happy with it. love tosee her smile
  • MiloBloom83
    MiloBloom83 Posts: 2,723 Member
    Options
    NVM

Martin-Scorsese.jpg

Scorsese is eyebrows. :P

Andy Rooney made Scorsese look well groomed...
  • HartJames
    HartJames Posts: 789 Member
    Options
    Not a dude obviously but I will say that women with small heads and long necks look better with short hair and just off with long IMO.
  • jonmscharff
    jonmscharff Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I've always been told that it isn't about length... ;)