random post..do men prefer long or short..

Options

Replies

• Leather_N_Lace
    Leather_N_Lace Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    Hubby prefers it long and loves my natural curls. He hates it when I straighten it. Recently I chopped it off. Was in the middle of my back and now it sits right at my shoulders.
    Was a quiet few days in my house.....:grumble:
    He is coming around though. Long curly hair is a huge pain in the *kitten* to take care of. And since I have cut my hair, I wear it down more:happy:
  • k_stew_
    Options
    I've had a pixie and long hair.... men by far prefer it long. I got comments like "why'd you cut off your sexuality", or "wow, are you gay now?" when I had a pixie. But I will say that the few men who liked my short hair really really seemed to like it.
  • sassypants0923
    sassypants0923 Posts: 7,188 Member
    Options
    Love my short hair. Never had any complaints.
  • MalindaLeigh714
    MalindaLeigh714 Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    I think it has more to do with the type of hair you have. Yes, the shape of your face makes a difference but if you have very thin, fine hair you almost always look better with shorter hair. I've got very thick wavy/curly hair so I think it looks best long. Unfortunately, my hair also grows very slowly so I'm still being punished for thinking I might like it super short lol. It was fun at first but I miss my elbow length hair!
  • ElectricDragon
    ElectricDragon Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Long hair. Yes.
  • PennyM140
    PennyM140 Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    All the men I know prefer it long :laugh:

Woman prefer it longer to, but it has to have some thickness ...
    Absolutely right!
  • Siansonea
    Siansonea Posts: 917 Member
    Options
    I wish other women spent less time wondering what men like better, and spent more time making decisions about their appearance based on their OWN preferences.

and obviously this is why your hair is green lol :happy:

What? It's my natural color. :indifferent:
  • prettyface55
    prettyface55 Posts: 508 Member
    Options
    Hurray for my long hair!!
  • wheird
    wheird Posts: 7,963 Member
    Options
    According to the Intergalactic Male Hive Mind, we all prefer women who are bald. We look forward to your newly shaved heads.
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options
    I've had a pixie and long hair.... men by far prefer it long. I got comments like "why'd you cut off your sexuality", or "wow, are you gay now?" when I had a pixie. But I will say that the few men who liked my short hair really really seemed to like it.

Comments life that would make me want to keep it short. F them.
  • TheSlorax
    TheSlorax Posts: 2,401 Member
    Options
    Wish I had read this thread before I let my gay cut 3" off my hair today...

Wait. No I don't. I still would have done it. Can't get any less d than I already was so I'm cool.
  • nicenhealthy
    Options
    long....some girls can pull off the short but I'd still prefer long on them anyway.

I've ended a relationship before with someone who tried to do the pixie thing. Just completely unappealing to me unless you are in the 1% category of women who could pull it off.

wow. okay. yeah...
  • nicenhealthy
    Options
    According to the Intergalactic Male Hive Mind, we all prefer women who are bald. We look forward to your newly shaved heads.

OMG you have a hive mind too? :) See! Females do have something in common with males!

Females want guys who smoke, go nuts.:laugh::smokin:
  • Twinkielingus
    Twinkielingus Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Shape of face and quality of hair is what matters for long/short hair IMO most but I'm not a dude....thank god.
  • TemikaThompson
    TemikaThompson Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    Long hair comes from the bible being the woman's glory...I think long is really pretty and sexy but short is also pretty and sassy and sexy if you have a cute face. It really depends on if you have a pointy long chin or a big wide round face as far as to what suits a woman. I have had it both and prefer neck or shoulder length. I see somebody with long hair and I say I should grow my hair out but when I see somebody with short I'm like maybe I should cut it. Thankfully I look good with any hair style according to others and I happen to agree...
  • arathena720
    arathena720 Posts: 449 Member
    Options
    My hair looks like crap when it's long - too thin, separates too easily. I think I look much better with shorter hair, just above the shoulders.
  • CharlieSmurfetteFarley
    Options
    You could cut off 12" and donate it to cancer patients and it'd still be "long".

It takes years to grow hair that long. If you want to donate hair, go ahead and grow yours for that purpose. And make sure you research the charity first, there are stringent guidelines for what hair they will accept, so a LOT of donated hair gets thrown away because it doesn't qualify. Some of these organizations sell the donated hair, and some if them still charge the people for the wigs they make.

I've had my hair long, and people suggesting I cut it off and donate it ticked me off because 1 - they didn't grow their own hair for that purpose, and 2- because they really knew nothing about how these "charities" actually work. Don't suggest to women that they give part of themselves away because YOU think it would be a nice thing to do. Go do it yourself.

^This, re: the research^ I rang the charity, just to check about the length, fully expecting to just go out the next day and chop it all off. I had to grow out my layers first. Even then I still fund raised for another charity just in case (£600 and I have no friends haha). Totally do it for yourself, and you can't suggest other people do it even if you have done it, because I won't lie; I'll never regret it, and going from hair to your bottom to a pixie is pretty good for character building... but oh my god even just getting it to a bob was the most frustrating experience.
  • neandermagnon
    neandermagnon Posts: 7,436 Member
    Options
    Good thing I make ALL my decisions based on what "men" prefer.

my opinion represents all men, so I'd prefer you be blonde too...

I share your liking of long blond hair, especially with matching beard

Thor-Trailer.jpg
  • nikilis
    nikilis Posts: 2,305 Member
    Options
    if I can put my hand in it, its all good. true story.
  • khurrambutt
    khurrambutt Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    I like long hairs