Average Sized Body Acceptance

Options

Replies

• DamePiglet
    DamePiglet Posts: 3,730 Member
    Options
    Who wants to be average #Boringasfuak

LOL @ the #hashtag #usage #on #myfitnesspal #Imeanwhatisthepoint?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=57dzaMaouXA

I thought the exact same thing!!!
    #pointlessAsFuak
  • Hauntinglyfit
    Hauntinglyfit Posts: 5,537 Member
    Options
    Looking lovely ladies (and gentlemen!) I am finally perfectly happy with average at age 37, wish this revalation had come sooner. I promise I only drink an avarage amount of beer too!

5'9"
    142lb
    UK size 12

c7498a1a-36f9-4537-ac65-3e5b8f7aba9f_zpsd406a4fd.jpg?t=1385476393

Looking great!
  • mmedjjon
    mmedjjon Posts: 511
    Options
    Who wants to be average #Boringasfuak
    OK, I'll play :-)

149331_472082199485633_134003856_n.jpg

^^^This is average. I'm a long way from where I started but still not to my goal; I'm in between, average. But that doesn't mean that I, or any other beautiful woman on here, shouldn't have the confidence to be proud of what we have achieved so far. We're here cheering each other on, even if we don't fit society's standards or yours. I'm OK with not being perfect, it's a standard that doesn't truly exist so I'm not going to kill myself trying to reach it. I will however enjoy every single phase my body goes through in reaching goals that are "perfect" for me. And by the way, there is nothing #Boringasfuak about my curves!! ;-)
    OMG
  • 1976lh
    1976lh Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Looking lovely ladies (and gentlemen!) I am finally perfectly happy with average at age 37, wish this revalation had come sooner. I promise I only drink an avarage amount of beer too!

5'9"
    142lb
    UK size 12

c7498a1a-36f9-4537-ac65-3e5b8f7aba9f_zpsd406a4fd.jpg?t=1385476393

Looking great!
  • 1976lh
    1976lh Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Thank you Hauntinglyfit
  • greeneyes0809
    greeneyes0809 Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    Oh I absolutely love this thread! Everyone looks absolutely wonderful! I apologize in advance for the bad quality, it's the only picture I had on my phone of me in my swimsuit, I guess I need to stop trying to avoid the cameras!

I'm 5'7 around 155 and wear a size 8 usually, sometimes a 6.

f2d7dc49-ad89-49d2-a0be-75abbceddc64.jpg
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    Oh I absolutely love this thread! Everyone looks absolutely wonderful! I apologize in advance for the bad quality, it's the only picture I had on my phone of me in my swimsuit, I guess I need to stop trying to avoid the cameras!

You look great! Cute bathing suit!
  • wjstoj
    wjstoj Posts: 884 Member
    Options

*Pervy commented deleted once I realized you're only 19*
  • silverraiyne
    silverraiyne Posts: 683 Member
    Options
    This thread has me so excited!! :-)

tumblr_me6s1phxIS1qcwx3w_zpsd6f63bde.gif
  • mister_universe
    mister_universe Posts: 6,664 Member
    Options
    Just stopping by to tell each of you that you are beautiful. There is much to be admired here, both in physical beauty as well as the more mundane pursuits of the mind. :wink: Well done, foxy ladies.
  • CharleePear
    CharleePear Posts: 1,948 Member
    Options
    Thanks mister, means a lot to be encouraged :)
  • RivenV
    RivenV Posts: 1,667 Member
    Options
    Just stopping by to tell each of you that you are beautiful. There is much to be admired here, both in physical beauty as well as the more mundane pursuits of the mind. :wink: Well done, foxy ladies.

tumblr_molgt0ANuV1qb4nrbo1_500.gif

Bumpage.
  • DamePiglet
    Options

tumblr_molgt0ANuV1qb4nrbo1_500.gif

Bumpage.

Beat me to it by a minute! LOL Agreed! We need to keep this thread rolling!
  • Follow_me
    Follow_me Posts: 6,120 Member
    Options
    ALL you ladies are totally AWESOME!!!!
  • KaosLynnRose
    KaosLynnRose Posts: 3,415 Member
    Options
    for everyone who has and will have post pixs

youre-awesome.gif
  • cafeaulait7
    cafeaulait7 Posts: 2,459 Member
    Options
    There seems to be this whole idea that size 8-10 or so is "average" for women, but there doesn't seem to be an average for men. Is that because clothes aren't really sized that way for men, or that men are just better at accepting the idea that there isn't really an "average" body type?

What size do all the male models and actors tend to wear (maybe the Daily Mail could run 10,000 stories on that everyday, eh?) Does Maxim constantly talk about them? I really don't know how male magazines handle that. But what size do Calvin Klein ad guys wear? That sort of thing would be equivalent to our notorious 'Size 00' and VS models, so the 'very small end' (but in a male version, so probably just waist size?)

Then, on the other, big, end, what size do 'big guy' stores start at?

In between the two sizes is what is so ignored for women. You very, very rarely see a female model in an ad or catalog that wears those middle sizes. Like never, actually. It literally makes news when it happens, lol. And then they are 6' tall!
  • DamePiglet
    Options
    There seems to be this whole idea that size 8-10 or so is "average" for women, but there doesn't seem to be an average for men. Is that because clothes aren't really sized that way for men, or that men are just better at accepting the idea that there isn't really an "average" body type?

What size do all the male models and actors tend to wear (maybe the Daily Mail could run 10,000 stories on that everyday, eh?) Does Maxim constantly talk about them? I really don't know how male magazines handle that. But what size do Calvin Klein ad guys wear? That sort of thing would be equivalent to our notorious 'Size 00' and VS models, so the 'very small end' (but in a male version, so probably just waist size?)

Then, on the other, big, end, what size do 'big guy' stores start at?

In between the two sizes is what is so ignored for women. You very, very rarely see a female model in an ad or catalog that wears those middle sizes. Like never, actually. It literally makes news when it happens, lol. And then they are 6' tall!

Last I knew, the most sought after male model stats were between 5'11 - 6'3 and size 30 - 32 waist with longer legs. Lean athletic, but not especially muscular (like a guard or forward on a small college basketball team)

Male fashion models generally make less (sometimes MUCH less) than their female counterparts, but can often have longer careers. (My brother & older son have been approached by modeling scouts before, that's my source.)
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options
    lalalallabumplalalalala
  • cakebatter07
    cakebatter07 Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    I'm average. :) 5'8" and around 158 pounds. Still have 15 pounds or so to my gw.

-In clothes-

2i1h5s2.png

-In bikini-

34r6795.jpg

wva7af.png

312cze9.jpg
  • silverraiyne
    silverraiyne Posts: 683 Member
    Options
    I'm average. :) 5'8" and around 158 pounds. Still have 15 pounds or so to my gw.

wva7af.png

You look great!! And I love how genuinely happy you look!