cabbage soup diet?

Options
I just joined so there may be already a thread about this. Lol. But I just started and seeing if anyone else use this to jumpstart diet?? I boil cabbage.onions and a vegatable bouillion cube. And only reason I'm not goin insane with hunger is cause I'm taking phentermine appetite suppresant helping. Gona keep on this all weekend! And a boiled egg for protein. And gummy vitamin supplement.

Replies

• JaxDemon
    JaxDemon Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    Setting yourself up for failure in the future. Losing weight and keeping it off is a lifestyle change not some 2 week magic cabbage diet.
  • Joannesmith2818
    Joannesmith2818 Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    The cabbage soup diet is real.....I thought it was a joke.......then again......it doesn't surprise me.
  • Phoenix_Warrior
    Phoenix_Warrior Posts: 1,633 Member
    Options
    You're thinking about this all wrong. What happens when the suppressant stops? What happens when you stop eating only cabbage soup? Is this the way you want to eat for the rest of your life? There is no "jump starting a diet". If you intend on losing weight and then keeping it off, I highly recommend a method that is sustainable for the after stages, so you don't end up disappointed.
  • _SantaClause_
    _SantaClause_ Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    Quit looking for a quick fix.

Eat less.
    Move more.

And quit that stupid cabbage soup diet
  • RoyBeck
    RoyBeck Posts: 947 Member
    Options
    Cabbage soup for lunch yes. All weekend? I'd have to say I wouldn't personally. Eat real foods.
  • jim9097
    jim9097 Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    Quick fix fad diets will get you no where. The point is you shoudl be trying to change your life style, aka eat things that make you more healthy; stop eating things that make you less healthy; and get off your butt and move. It is really that simple. Then the weight loss will follow as a side effect of having a proper lifestyle vs. some BS fad diet.
  • _Zardoz_
    _Zardoz_ Posts: 3,987 Member
    Options
    Why would anyone think this is a good idea?
  • mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Options
    Diets lead to failure. Enjoy doing it over and over forever. It sucks but people like you usually don't listen to the ones that lost 200lbs and kept it off. Enjoy the stupid soup.
  • sjohnny
    sjohnny Posts: 56,142 Member
    Options
    Years ago I followed this diet. On two non-consecutive occasions. Lost a pretty good amount of weight. After the two weeks were up I went back to my normal crappy diet and gained it all back really fast. The reason was because I was not changing habits or doing anything I could sustain for the long haul.

Jumpstarts seem like a nice idea but they very often lead to quick burnout and one ends up scrapping the whole thing and eating the whole dozen donuts for a mid morning snack.

Find a reasonable calorie deficit and eat the things you like as they fit into that deficit. Get some exercise. Re-evaluate and tweak your plan as necessary.
  • jamiesillimandunn
    jamiesillimandunn Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Sounds horrid !! I don't mind cabbage but everyday!?? I wouldn't put my time into it , sorry .
  • grillnchill
    grillnchill Posts: 772 Member
    Options
    Eat real food in moderation, exercise, rest and repeat. Do this for the rest of your life and not only will you get down to your desired weight but you may not ever have to count on doing a "cabbage soup diet".
  • Wilhellmina
    Wilhellmina Posts: 757 Member
    Options
    Setting yourself up for failure in the future. Losing weight and keeping it off is a lifestyle change not some 2 week magic cabbage diet.

Totally this! Tho I did try once, it was a torment and I lost a few, but gained it back as well. Change of lifestyle is the secret!
  • laura0770
    laura0770 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    This
  • beachlover317
    beachlover317 Posts: 2,848 Member
    Options
    I have tried every diet available in the past. I am here on MFP because obviously none of them worked. If you would like the benefit of my experience, here you go:

eat foods you like - staying within your calorie deficit
    weigh/measure every single bite and then go log every single bite
    find something you like to do (so you'll do it more than once) and then go do it

You're welcome.
  • arcana7609
    arcana7609 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    I agree that this soup diet is not the way to go, but I don't understand why people have to be so hateful in voicing their opinions about it.

From my own experience and believe me I have plenty... these types of diets only lead to relapses and more weight gain and depression and feeling like a failure etc.
  • arcana7609
    arcana7609 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    I have tried every diet available in the past. I am here on MFP because obviously none of them worked. If you would like the benefit of my experience, here you go:

eat foods you like - staying within your calorie deficit
    weigh/measure every single bite and then go log every single bite
    find something you like to do (so you'll do it more than once) and then go do it

You're welcome.

^^^^very much this
  • kikijennifer
    Options
    Oh after a few days of cabbage. I'm goin to do high protein low carbs and stick with that. I know cabbage isn't forever. Just a start that's all.
  • aimeemarie150
    aimeemarie150 Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    Don't starve your body of the nutrients it needs. If you want to "jump start" a diet, try going vegan/vegetarian for a few days. Only eat natural fruits and veggies...this will help clean your system a bit and it will make you feel infinitely better! :) (And you're doing it in a more healthy way!)
  • kikijennifer
    Options
    I agree that this soup diet is not the way to go, but I don't understand why people have to be so hateful in voicing their opinions about it.

From my own experience and believe me I have plenty... these types of diets only lead to relapses and more weight gain and depression and feeling like a failure etc.
    . Thank you for being nice. All I wanted was to get involved and learn from others. But too many hateful people on here. Screw it I'll just do my akins and jog. I don't need a hateful website.
  • retiree2006
    retiree2006 Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    I'd be spending the weekend in the bathroom! :grumble: I'd rather just learn to eat healthy from day one.