• sassypants0923
    sassypants0923 Posts: 7,188 Member
    Options
    Rebound date
  • ThePlight
    ThePlight Posts: 3,593 Member
    Options
    Rebound date
    I was going to put it a bit dirtier than that, but sure, that works lol.
  • sassypants0923
    sassypants0923 Posts: 7,188 Member
    Options
    Rebound date

Great minds think alike... I had to back space a couple times to G rate it
  • ThePlight
    Options
    Rebound date

Great minds think alike... I had to back space a couple times to G rate it
    :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
    You go, girl!! :P
  • MikeCopa
    MikeCopa Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Going to the gym, pushing those weights heavier than ever!
  • DamePiglet
    DamePiglet Posts: 3,730 Member
    Options
    Activity. Lots and lots of staying busy.
  • benum21121
    Options
    Time. Lots of time. And a distraction. Occupy the mind, my friend..
  • ThePlight
    Options
    The best way to get over someone is to get someone under you. :smile:
    Well, what if they don't want to be under lol.
  • JeaninePaige
    JeaninePaige Posts: 464 Member
    Options
    I was with my SO for six years. I thought I was going to marry him. We had a really good relationship as far as I knew but he ended up cheating on me. I was so heartbroken that it made me physically sick for months. It really sucked. All I wanted to do was sleep the day away and if I got through a day without crying it was a miracle. But then I started caring for myself for the first time in a long time. I started going to the gym and I cancelled my appt with a psychiatrist. I thought meds were the answer but turns out pushing myself to the limit at the gym was enough. I started feeling so much better. I also kept myself busy with friends and family and started going out. Time honestly heals all wounds. But remember to be kind to yourself in the process. There's someone special out there for you but take this time to learn and grow for yourself.
  • mamma_nee
    mamma_nee Posts: 809 Member
    Options
    Go out and be around friends, meet new people , keep busy as much as you can , listen to music , take long walks and start envisioning yourself starting a new relationship with a beautiful princess who will sweep you off your feet and take your breath away.
  • lsorci919
    lsorci919 Posts: 772 Member
    Options
    Stay busy, go out with friends, flirt, have fun, workout.... After it while it hurts less and less... I also vote for a rebound date or a few :) if you were in a long term relationship it's always nice to know you still got it!
  • AbsyPernet
    Options
    Work outs, get a good sweat on! Go and and enjoy yourself, date, don't date, it's up to you

Have fun, chin up:flowerforyou:
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    I was with my SO for six years. I thought I was going to marry him. We had a really good relationship as far as I knew but he ended up cheating on me. I was so heartbroken that it made me physically sick for months. It really sucked. All I wanted to do was sleep the day away and if I got through a day without crying it was a miracle. But then I started caring for myself for the first time in a long time. I started going to the gym and I cancelled my appt with a psychiatrist. I thought meds were the answer but turns out pushing myself to the limit at the gym was enough. I started feeling so much better. I also kept myself busy with friends and family and started going out. Time honestly heals all wounds. But remember to be kind to yourself in the process. There's someone special out there for you but take this time to learn and grow for yourself.

This post is closest to what I was going to say. You don't get over it...or around it...or under it. You get through it. Right up the middle. You feel all the feels, go places to get the happies in there too. Stay busy to keep from drowning in it. Stay away from meds, sleeping or crying the whole day away or anything that might spiral downward and make it worse. You make yourself a priority and allow yourself the feelings within reason and that's truly the fastest way through it.

You don't wanna be "that guy" who 3 years from now is on a date with some girl and still talking about your ex or keeping it to yourself but judging her against her as your perfect ideal or devil incarnate because you never allowed yourself to really truly get over it but distracted yourself by diving headlong into too much of the bad stuff. Of course a little tequila and tail never hurt anybody. Just don't let it take over as this smart lady said she did not let sleeping all day or meds to be a method to get her on with things. Good luck.:flowerforyou:

p.s. Oh and remove her and all her ppl from your FB and get a new cell number and all that good cutting off ties stuff. For your own sanity.
  • HarleyFatboyFan
    HarleyFatboyFan Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    Get drunk and sleep with anything with a pulse
    :yawn:
  • tmm_0127
    tmm_0127 Posts: 545 Member
    Options
    Make sure you don't talk to them for at least 30 days.

Go out and have some fun.