Best way of getting over a break up?

Options

Replies

• delicious_cocktail
    delicious_cocktail Posts: 5,797 Member
    Options
    Rebound date
    I was going to put it a bit dirtier than that, but sure, that works lol.

IN! for details.
  • martyqueen52
    martyqueen52 Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    Go to the gym and throw some heavy *kitten* weight around like you mean it.

Turn your sadness into rage.
  • cgarand
    cgarand Posts: 541 Member
    Options
    burn it with fire?
  • AntWrig
    AntWrig Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options
    I was with my SO for six years. I thought I was going to marry him. We had a really good relationship as far as I knew but he ended up cheating on me. I was so heartbroken that it made me physically sick for months. It really sucked. All I wanted to do was sleep the day away and if I got through a day without crying it was a miracle. But then I started caring for myself for the first time in a long time. I started going to the gym and I cancelled my appt with a psychiatrist. I thought meds were the answer but turns out pushing myself to the limit at the gym was enough. I started feeling so much better. I also kept myself busy with friends and family and started going out. Time honestly heals all wounds. But remember to be kind to yourself in the process. There's someone special out there for you but take this time to learn and grow for yourself.

This post is closest to what I was going to say. You don't get over it...or around it...or under it. You get through it. Right up the middle. You feel all the feels, go places to get the happies in there too. Stay busy to keep from drowning in it. Stay away from meds, sleeping or crying the whole day away or anything that might spiral downward and make it worse. You make yourself a priority and allow yourself the feelings within reason and that's truly the fastest way through it.

You don't wanna be "that guy" who 3 years from now is on a date with some girl and still talking about your ex or keeping it to yourself but judging her against her as your perfect ideal or devil incarnate because you never allowed yourself to really truly get over it but distracted yourself by diving headlong into too much of the bad stuff. Of course a little tequila and tail never hurt anybody. Just don't let it take over as this smart lady said she did not let sleeping all day or meds to be a method to get her on with things. Good luck.:flowerforyou:

p.s. Oh and remove her and all her ppl from your FB and get a new cell number and all that good cutting off ties stuff. For your own sanity.
    Great post.
  • moya_rargh
    moya_rargh Posts: 1,473 Member
    Options
    Loneliness.

Weights.

Rocky IV Soundtrack on your headphones.

Eat for your training.

Repeat until you look like a Greek God.
  • CharChary
    CharChary Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    Gym/focusing on improving YOU.
  • CharChary
    CharChary Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    and also cutting that person out of your life for a while..
    letting them linger only makes the pain linger.
  • delicious_cocktail
    Options
    Consider doing something outside of your comfort zone like sending boudoir photos to a man on the internet.

Hi.
  • ThePlight
    ThePlight Posts: 3,593 Member
    Options
    Rebound date

IN! for details.
    O bby ;) hahaha.
  • delicious_cocktail
    Options
    Rebound date

IN! for details.
    O bby ;) hahaha.

He wasn't good enough for you anyway. What a jerk.
    So, about sex . . .
  • amandajeanAKAaj
    amandajeanAKAaj Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    For me the best way to get over a break up was to look back and see that they just wasn't right for me and I could do better. Dancing away all my stress and hanging out with good friends always helped too!
  • ThePlight
    ThePlight Posts: 3,593 Member
    Options
    For me the best way to get over a break up was to look back and see that they just wasn't right for me and I could do better. Dancing away all my stress and hanging out with good friends always helped too!
    Girl, you should totally dance around the house with your broom. I LOVE dancing like an idiot with my broom :P
  • amandajeanAKAaj
    Options
    and also cutting that person out of your life for a while..
    letting them linger only makes the pain linger.
    TRUTH!!!
  • amandajeanAKAaj
    Options
    Girl, you should totally dance around the house with your broom. I LOVE dancing like an idiot with my broom :P
    LOL I don't know about with a broom it would only get in my way...
  • mrmarius
    mrmarius Posts: 1,802 Member
    Options
    taking time to celebrate yourself and take care of yourself
  • DoingitWell
    DoingitWell Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    Date his grandfather.
  • jazi719
    jazi719 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Alcohol is a depressant, so don't drink!

Read books, keep exercising and give it time. Time will help even though it feels like it's taking forever.
  • hunterjumper642
    hunterjumper642 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    weights are always there for you. They won't leave or break up with you. Hit the gym.
  • Trueray
    Trueray Posts: 1,189 Member
    Options
    Buy a Ps4/Ps3 or Xbox One/360 and play Call of Duty and take your frustration out on every single player. Works every-time!
  • kaybeau
    kaybeau Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    stay away from phoning or textfriends ing link up with some old , dont get drunk and find some fab music for breaking up too, cry if you need to and talk to someone close by... failing that admit to the half a stone and find chocolate is your savior, other stuff I have done is vut my hair and retail therapy