Replies

• Cranquistador
    Cranquistador Posts: 39,744 Member
    Options
    You need to not care.
  • Hauntinglyfit
    Hauntinglyfit Posts: 5,537 Member
    Options
    You mean you don't go to the gym FOR the buff guys?
    You're doing it wrong.

ETA: When the big guys stare, stare right back then watch them look away quick like shy little girls.
  • Springfield1970
    Springfield1970 Posts: 1,945 Member
    Options
    Haha! I was so self conscious at first, but when I do my bent over rows or dead lifts I think it's hilarious to see them trying NOT to look at my big booty! The other funny thing is when you are looking at your own form in the mirror and some big guy is in the way and thinks you're looking at him! Uh uh I've only got eyes for.....moi!

I tell you what....
    I will check your form also......won't give any advice, but I will check it and make mental notes.

Sound good?? :laugh:

It's a deal! Haha!
  • Sovictorrious
    Sovictorrious Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    No do it in a dark room...no mirrors. Feel the burn and the shame
  • Myhaloslipped
    Myhaloslipped Posts: 4,317 Member
    Options
    I just turn around and ask them if there was something they wanted to ask me since I can see in the mirror that they have been staring for a while. They usually apologize and then knock it off.
  • GuybrushThreepw00d
    GuybrushThreepw00d Posts: 784 Member
    Options
    c - e - b (oh a girl who isn't doing cardio, interesting - that's awesome - those weights are light pfft)
    in that order.

It's usually pretty novel seeing a women in the weights section, but thats a good thing. Stick with it.

EDIT : I agree with Hauntinglyfit;
    When the big guys stare, stare right back then watch them look away quick like shy little girls.
    That'll stop most people staring :smile: Although, do be prepared for a "How you doin" :laugh:
  • Slrajr
    Slrajr Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    They don't give a crap what u look like, they don't care u are there, just keep lifting seriously they don't really care. Period.

This is the truth. But I understand how you feel:)
  • 89nunu
    89nunu Posts: 1,082 Member
    Options
    If you stop doing high reps low weight and start doing heavy lifting you will soon lift more than some of the new guys that go into that section. And then those guys will stare because they are embarrassed that a girl lifts more than they do. true story...
  • MityMax96
    MityMax96 Posts: 5,778 Member
    Options
    You mean you don't go to the gym FOR the buff guys?
    You're doing it wrong.

ETA: When the big guys stare, stare right back then watch them look away quick like shy little girls.

I will stare back and smile. :smile:

but I ain't a big guy.
  • MityMax96
    Options
    Haha! I was so self conscious at first, but when I do my bent over rows or dead lifts I think it's hilarious to see them trying NOT to look at my big booty! The other funny thing is when you are looking at your own form in the mirror and some big guy is in the way and thinks you're looking at him! Uh uh I've only got eyes for.....moi!

I tell you what....
    I will check your form also......won't give any advice, but I will check it and make mental notes.

Sound good?? :laugh:

It's a deal! Haha!

Awesome, I am so there. :drinker:
  • michael1976_ca
    michael1976_ca Posts: 3,488 Member
    Options
    c) oh a girl who isn't doing cardio, interesting

i love to see femals in there just because i'm a wimp i don't lift heavey plus it give me that boost to try to show off. but now i only work out at home and show off to my pets lol
  • Myhaloslipped
    Options
    If you stop doing high reps low weight and start doing heavy lifting you will soon lift more than some of the new guys that go into that section. And then those guys will stare because they are embarrassed that a girl lifts more than they do. true story...

She is right. It is an amazing rush when this happens!
  • _SABOTEUR_
    _SABOTEUR_ Posts: 6,833 Member
    Options
    If you're wearing anything that reveals your shoulders, I'd presume you're a hooker.
  • Myhaloslipped
    Options
    If you're wearing anything that reveals your shoulders, I'd presume you're a hooker.

<
    mission accomplished! :laugh:
  • cafeaulait7
    cafeaulait7 Posts: 2,459 Member
    Options
    c) oh a girl who isn't doing cardio, interesting

i love to see femals in there just because i'm a wimp i don't lift heavey plus it give me that boost to try to show off. but now i only work out at home and show off to my pets lol

LOL!

The thing about the weight room is that there can be an underlying competition -- for guys or girls -- and people do tend to stare more than they do in a beginning yoga class or something. They really do check out what you are doing, imho, like how many lbs and all that. I don't know why, exactly, although it could be because it draws competitive folks.

But if you want folks checking out your form and the feeling of competition in the air, try a really advanced yoga class at my old gym. OMG, some of those folks (women by about 95%) need to learn 'eyes on your own paper' ;) As teeny as they were, I felt kind of like it was the beginning of the Baby Got Back video :D:D
  • BeachIron
    BeachIron Posts: 6,490 Member
    Options
    What they're thinking? "I wonder whether she makes a good sammich?"
  • MityMax96
    Options

<
    mission accomplished! :laugh:

**whistles** Hey Baby...

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • MsJulielicious
    MsJulielicious Posts: 708 Member
    Options

:laugh:
    You win
  • LolBroScience
    LolBroScience Posts: 4,537 Member
    Options
    A combo of C & E.

Oh she isn't doing Cardio, that's AWESOME
  • MercenaryNoetic26
    MercenaryNoetic26 Posts: 2,747 Member
    Options
    Most likely, E. If they don't think you're awesome it's because they're (insert word that starts with a P) themselves. :glasses: