My November diet vs. Military dieting

Options
2»

Replies

• haroon_awan
    haroon_awan Posts: 1,208 Member
    Options
    You've been given some great advice but you choose to ignore it?

Excuse me while I have 1500 calories for breakfast today.
  • RGv2
    RGv2 Posts: 5,789 Member
    Options
    First off, I know what I'm doing isn't generally approved by most people on here but hear me out and I'd like to see what others think.

This month I am aiming to lose 12-13lbs through a lot of cardio (jumping rope and running) along with a calorie deficit. So far I'm at 9.5lbs lost and it's noticeable. People say I'm losing it too quickly or starving myself but I don't believe that at all. I've dieted before using foods high in fiber to remain feeling full longer (sweet potato is the first food I'll eat and keeps me full for 6+ hours).

In the military, if you need to lose weight, they will limit your calories a lot and work you out more than those who don't need to lose weight. They also lose a lot more weight than I'm aiming for.

I have 4 "fat" days this month, the last one I felt like I could do without and 1 more remaining. I started at 212lbs this month and kept my intake higher at first but I can make it through the day with 800-1200 no problem now. My daily average is 1466 cal/day with fat days and I've jumped rope for 500 minutes so far this month (very HIIT jump roping). I eat a lot of fiber and protein.

What are your thoughts on this vs. military? Do you think they're both wrong? Is just one of these wrong? Why? Both are temporary fixes, a jumping off point in my opinion. I am not losing muscle either, despite what you may think.

What military are you speaking of? :huh:
  • clambert1273
    clambert1273 Posts: 840 Member
    Options
    First off, I know what I'm doing isn't generally approved by most people on here but hear me out and I'd like to see what others think.

This month I am aiming to lose 12-13lbs through a lot of cardio (jumping rope and running) along with a calorie deficit. So far I'm at 9.5lbs lost and it's noticeable. People say I'm losing it too quickly or starving myself but I don't believe that at all. I've dieted before using foods high in fiber to remain feeling full longer (sweet potato is the first food I'll eat and keeps me full for 6+ hours).

In the military, if you need to lose weight, they will limit your calories a lot and work you out more than those who don't need to lose weight. They also lose a lot more weight than I'm aiming for.

I have 4 "fat" days this month, the last one I felt like I could do without and 1 more remaining. I started at 212lbs this month and kept my intake higher at first but I can make it through the day with 800-1200 no problem now. My daily average is 1466 cal/day with fat days and I've jumped rope for 500 minutes so far this month (very HIIT jump roping). I eat a lot of fiber and protein.

What are your thoughts on this vs. military? Do you think they're both wrong? Is just one of these wrong? Why? Both are temporary fixes, a jumping off point in my opinion. I am not losing muscle either, despite what you may think.

What military are you speaking of? :huh:

This... In the Army it is quite opposite. Everyone eats the same EXCEPT if you are underweight. I was underweight at 18yo (5'8 and 115lbs).. I had to be the first in line in the chow hall and the LAST to exit. I was the ONLY one who could eat cake (whoop!)

They didn't "exercise" any one more than the other. If they knew your name, then you were done for because they would randomly just have you drop (ask me how I know lol). If you are overweight on active duty, then the ONLY thing they do different is an extra set of PT after work for about 45 min to an hour which for the military is nothing and write you up.
  • _Zardoz_
    _Zardoz_ Posts: 3,987 Member
    Options
    You've been given some great advice but you choose to ignore it?

Excuse me while I have 1500 calories for breakfast today.
    this is one of the "I'll only listen to posts that agree with me threads as I don't really want advice just some ego propping"