5 Reasons to date a girl with an eating disorder.

Options

Replies

• LizaHC
    Options

See the bolded areas above. Men like it when a women is vulnerable??? Most of the men I know and hang out with prefer strong, independent women. Maybe that's just me though :noway: Any man that "likes" a vulnerable woman might have some issues of his own

Most men I know, including myself, like vulnerable women. Maybe it's because we feel like we can change them (analogous to the bad boy thing). Maybe we feel like they need us, which is also attractive.

I doubt it means we have issues of our own.
    I believe there are men like that. I don't believe most or all men are like that.

Indeed. Thank god that my boyfriend, and the partners of all my strong, independent female friends are not "most men".
  • wheird
    wheird Posts: 7,963 Member
    Options

See the bolded areas above. Men like it when a women is vulnerable??? Most of the men I know and hang out with prefer strong, independent women. Maybe that's just me though :noway: Any man that "likes" a vulnerable woman might have some issues of his own

Most men I know, including myself, like vulnerable women. Maybe it's because we feel like we can change them (analogous to the bad boy thing). Maybe we feel like they need us, which is also attractive.

Nah, it means you are terribly insecure so you look for women that is worse to diminish your own inadequecies. That or there is a controlling streak that you need to take out on someone helpless.
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    Do yourself a favor OP and quit saying "most men like vulnerable women". Most douche bags, perhaps, but not most men. I'd appreciate if you quit speaking for myself and most guys I know.

:drinker:

Real men don't like vulnerable women. Predators do...
  • Mia_RagazzaTosta
    Mia_RagazzaTosta Posts: 4,885 Member
    Options
    :yawn: :yawn: :yawn:
  • wheird
    Options
    I prefer the stronger ones with smartass tendancies.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    Do yourself a favor OP and quit saying "most men like vulnerable women". Most douche bags, perhaps, but not most men. I'd appreciate if you quit speaking for myself and most guys I know.

And men with White Knight Syndrome. I don't think all men who are attracted to vulnerable women are bad. Though I think the ones who are conscious enough of it to say so in the way the OP does might be.
  • IPAkiller
    IPAkiller Posts: 711 Member
    Options

I think you might want to reevaluate this belief. Once you find a woman who doesn't need you to clean up her messes or coddle her to tell her things aren't her fault and she really is a victim, you will see how messed up you might be.
  • msf74
    msf74 Posts: 3,498 Member
    Options

I think most men in healthy relationships like strong women who have a clear sense of self identity who can show vulnerability from time to time.

Men who seek out chronically vulnerable women to exert power over and fix in some exaggerated Pygmalion complex are something else entirely and end up in dysfunctional relationships.
  • UsedToBeHusky
    Options

And men with White Knight Syndrome. I don't think all men who are attracted to vulnerable women are bad. Though I think the ones who are conscious enough of it to say so in the way the OP does might be.

Fair enough, but anyone who walks through life thinking that they can change or save someone is asking for a lot of grief.

*speaking from experience*
  • onmyown326
    Options

NOW THATS A MAN-WHOOT WHOOT!
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options

That explains your friend list. :flowerforyou:
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options

Fair enough, but anyone who walks through life thinking that they can change or save someone is asking for a lot of grief.

*speaking from experience*
    Oh, trust me. I get that! lol
  • UsedToBeHusky
    Options

I think most men in healthy relationships like strong women who have a clear sense of self identity who can show vulnerability from time to time.

Men who seek out chronically vulnerable women to exert power over and fix in some exaggerated Pygmalion complex are something else entirely and end up in dysfunctional relationships.

This right here is what happens when you seek out people to fix and/or save.
  • Mia_RagazzaTosta
    Mia_RagazzaTosta Posts: 4,885 Member
    Options

ohai!
  • wheird
    Options

That explains your friend list. :flowerforyou:

Hah! No joke. Smartasses, all of them. :laugh:
  • EvgeniZyntx
    EvgeniZyntx Posts: 24,208 Member
    Options
    What the hell is that smell?
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options

I think you might want to reevaluate this belief. Once you find a woman who doesn't need you to clean up her messes or coddle her to tell her things aren't her fault and she really is a victim, you will see how messed up you might be.

23402060.jpg
  • VEGGGA
    VEGGGA Posts: 12 Member
    Options

I know you prbably dont mean to but you sound like a predator
  • TX_Rhon
    TX_Rhon Posts: 1,549 Member
    Options
    The publishers response to the original article:

Upon closely reviewing Tuthmosis’ article, I have come to the conclusion that there is nothing in it that endorses eating disorders or slanders those who have them. He has simply shared knowledge and insights that can aid single men in their pursuit of sexual happiness without hurting women. While some of his statements may be subjectively interpreted, we’re not a scientific journal, and so should not be judged in that manner.

Wow...........just wow!

:noway:
  • Thomasm198
    Thomasm198 Posts: 3,189 Member
    Options
    What the hell is that smell?
    Shoe-Smelly-Sock.jpg

Sorry, I forgot to change my socks this week. :sick:
This discussion has been closed.