5 Reasons to date a girl with an eating disorder.

Options

Replies

• SkinnyFatAlbert
    SkinnyFatAlbert Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    Only 5???!!!!?
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    The publishers response to the original article:

Upon closely reviewing Tuthmosis’ article, I have come to the conclusion that there is nothing in it that endorses eating disorders or slanders those who have them. He has simply shared knowledge and insights that can aid single men in their pursuit of sexual happiness without hurting women. While some of his statements may be subjectively interpreted, we’re not a scientific journal, and so should not be judged in that manner.

Wow...........just wow!

:noway:

They're getting lots of hits off of it, so I'm not terribly surprised by that response.
  • LuLuChick78
    LuLuChick78 Posts: 439 Member
    Options

See the bolded areas above. Men like it when a women is vulnerable??? Most of the men I know and hang out with prefer strong, independent women. Maybe that's just me though :noway: Any man that "likes" a vulnerable woman might have some issues of his own

Most men I know, including myself, like vulnerable women. Maybe it's because we feel like we can change them (analogous to the bad boy thing). Maybe we feel like they need us, which is also attractive.

I doubt it means we have issues of our own.

I know you prbably dont mean to but you sound like a predator

If it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck........
  • Mr_Excitement
    Mr_Excitement Posts: 833 Member
    Options
    Link is basically just a troll attempt in the form of an article, so I'll skip that and just go to the 'most men like vulnerable women' thing others seem to have noticed, lol.

I've known several guys like that. When they do eventually meet a woman who has her **** together, they don't know how to cope with it. They get frustrated, because they don't know how to deal with a *partner*-- only a dependent. I've even heard them express their frustration at the fact that "she doesn't *NEED* me".

A man who wants that sort of thing is every bit as broken as the women he's seeking out.
  • fitmomhappymom
    fitmomhappymom Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    AYFKM...??
    "you’ll be dealing with a tastefully insecure girl, who’s eager to please, and wants nothing more than your approval"
    I almost feel like this idiot was trying to be funny, but failed.
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    Link is basically just a troll attempt in the form of an article, so I'll skip that and just go to the 'most men like vulnerable women' thing others seem to have noticed, lol.

I've known several guys like that. When they do eventually meet a woman who has her **** together, they don't know how to cope with it. They get frustrated, because they don't know how to deal with a *partner*-- only a dependent. I've even heard them express their frustration at the fact that "she doesn't *NEED* me".

A man who needs that sort of thing is every bit as broken as the women he's seeking out.

QFT!
  • constantheadache
    Options
    it's disgusting. whether or not it's satirical, it's insensitive, rude, sexist, and completely not funny.
  • SuperCrsa
    SuperCrsa Posts: 790 Member
    Options
    Two posts about "alphas" in one day? Is The Red Pill invading MFP?

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • lauren3101
    lauren3101 Posts: 1,853 Member
    Options

See the bolded areas above. Men like it when a women is vulnerable??? Most of the men I know and hang out with prefer strong, independent women. Maybe that's just me though :noway: Any man that "likes" a vulnerable woman might have some issues of his own

Most men I know, including myself, like vulnerable women. Maybe it's because we feel like we can change them (analogous to the bad boy thing). Maybe we feel like they need us, which is also attractive.

I doubt it means we have issues of our own.

Do you actually mean vulnerable, though? Because my ex liked women that were quiet and timid and liked to depend on him, and weren't bold or outspoken or with big opinions, which some might mistake for vulnerability.

Looking back now, I think that was weird, but purposely hunting out someone with emotional issues is even stranger.
  • Wilhellmina
    Wilhellmina Posts: 757 Member
    Options
    I have been/am dealing with an eating disorder, ever since I was a teen and I can tell all are rubbish! Moi vulnerable? You try me! Costing less? My husband is complaining all the time my groceries cost a fortune, because I only want ecological and am a total brand freak. My obsession made me ill and that didn't make me look good, at least not any better...

Well maybe 5 is correct :bigsmile:

But I guess it was meant as a joke :smile:
  • favoritenut
    favoritenut Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    "They aren’t too many poor girls with eating disorders. These girls come from money, and often continue to wield that spending power right into their adulthoods. Her instinct to please you will translate into her picking up tabs, coming to your door not empty-handed, or buying you little gifts"

quoted right from #4, he is not a very good writer if he doesn't know the difference between "they" and "there"

dumb dumb! he sounds like an *kitten*!
  • catneon
    catneon Posts: 911 Member
    Options
    Bwahahahahaha!
    patrick-bateman-business-card.gif
    ETA better gif ;)
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    Real men don't like vulnerable women. Predators do...

Woah, that's a good thought although I'd argue a lot of them have "Mommy issues" also. Mommy was in constant turmoil and used her son to validate her femininity.
  • ScottF83
    ScottF83 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    People.. people.. they wrote it specifically to get an angry response. This is the way of the Troll.

Don't get angry!

Group hug?

p.s. I apologise on behalf of mankind, we're not all bad
  • DamePiglet
    DamePiglet Posts: 3,730 Member
    Options
    Meh.

Anyone who spends that much time thinking about types of women to target, excuse me, date, probably isn't getting laid that much.

Usually because they have all the sexual charisma of a damp dishcloth which smells of wet dog.

This. OH SO this!!!!!!! Bravo!
  • parys1
    parys1 Posts: 2,072 Member
    Options
    What the hell is that smell?

Desperation.
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    Meh.

Anyone who spends that much time thinking about types of women to target, excuse me, date, probably isn't getting laid that much.

Usually because they have all the sexual charisma of a damp dishcloth which smells of wet dog.

LOL why do I have an image of a bunch of Rush Limbaughs sitting around smoking cigars talking about all their "poontang?"
  • DamePiglet
    DamePiglet Posts: 3,730 Member
    Options
    What the hell is that smell?

Desperation.

and wet dog.
  • jackpotclown
    jackpotclown Posts: 3,291 Member
    Options
    I choose the blue pill!! BLUE PILL!!
    so did I, but was kinda "hard up" for the next 4 hours \m/

you know if it last any longer than that, you should consult a physician.
    I would've but couldn't get out of bed....and no matter what side I rolled to...like a kickstand I tell ya \m/
  • jackpotclown
    jackpotclown Posts: 3,291 Member
    Options
    I choose the blue pill!! BLUE PILL!!
    so did I, but was kinda "hard up" for the next 4 hours \m/

I'm an expert at fixing this problem ;) next time, come see me!
    hF1953417 \m/
This discussion has been closed.